All these chances we missed

Anybody else see them, i cant remember one clear cut chance we created ? yes, several half chances, but i cant help thinking sheridan is just looking for a different excuse

Byfield and Gregan should have scored. Hazel should have done better with a header in first half. Hughes, arguably, should have done better with his volley after it was headed to him by a Carlisle player. Allott should have done better from the edge of the area. Lomax should have done better from the edge of the area.

Apart from that, no.

Byfield and Gregan should have scored. Hazel should have done better with a header in first half. Hughes, arguably, should have done better with his volley after it was headed to him by a Carlisle player. Allott should have done better from the edge of the area. Lomax should have done better from the edge of the area.

Apart from that, no.

HardLy CLEAR CUT chances were they? Name me a clear cut chance please.

Anybody else see them, i cant remember one clear cut chance we created ? yes, several half chances, but i cant help thinking sheridan is just looking for a different excuse

Off the top of my head a couple spring to mind.

Byfield blazing over in the 1st half after good work and neat pass from Eardley (bet you missed that as well as you don't rate him :wink: ) and Gregan shooting wide from 12 yards close to the end. Hughes's header in the first half tipped over by the keeper. On such misses are games won and lost (or in todays case drawn)

The stats speak for themselves 16 shots on goal. Yes not all on target and not all clear cut. Some were blocked, some were saved and some blazed over. But I'll tell you what, if we create 16 chances every week we won't go far wrong.

Cheers,

Harry

How many saves did the Carlisle keeper make? How many saves did the Orient keeper make?

For the happy clappers out there that's 5 outta 6 home games where we haven't scored in open play, whether it's easier to play away or not BIG DEAL! Some of us can't do the SUPERFAN thing week in week out anymore and rather like last season feel rather short changed at our inabililty to beat very average teams at home. The players huff and puff but they know that Shez's buddies will be on the field before the 70th minute if all isn't going to plan. Change the system it isn't working, we've been sussed at home the stats since the MONGS game prove it. 3 home wins in 10. Ei ei ei o..........Bollocks!

Off the top of my head a couple spring to mind.

Byfield blazing over in the 1st half after good work and neat pass from Eardley (bet you missed that as well as you don't rate him :wink: ) and Gregan shooting wide from 12 yards close to the end. Hughes's header in the first half tipped over by the keeper. On such misses are games won and lost (or in todays case drawn)

The stats speak for themselves 16 shots on goal. Yes not all on target and not all clear cut. Some were blocked, some were saved and some blazed over. But I'll tell you what, if we create 16 chances every week we won't go far wrong.

Cheers,

Harry

what about 19 short corners a week? :mmm:

How many saves did the Carlisle keeper make? How many saves did the Orient keeper make?

For the happy clappers out there that's 5 outta 6 home games where we haven't scored in open play, whether it's easier to play away or not BIG DEAL! Some of us can't do the SUPERFAN thing week in week out anymore and rather like last season feel rather short changed at our inabililty to beat very average teams at home. The players huff and puff but they know that Shez's buddies will be on the field before the 70th minute if all isn't going to plan. Change the system it isn't working, we've been sussed at home the stats since the MONGS game prove it. 3 home wins in 10. Ei ei ei o..........Bollocks!

I take your point Prozac and I agree it really does get frustrating. The last 3 games in particular for me. The biggest stat for me is the no goals from open play in those games, although I felt that today it was just 1 of those games. On another day we would of had a couple at least.

I said after the Orient game that I felt we needed a change of formation at home and I still think that. Despite Lee starting today, I felt that he wandered too much in the 1st half and we didn't therefore have the balance that we had at Crewe. Also, despite my misgivings earlier in the season, I think Jones is now clearly a miss and it is noticable that Taylor is having a harder time and that is no coincidence. Kelvin has looked like a rabbit in the headlights the last 2 games and his distribution has suffered as well. That may be down to the fact that he has been switched from left to right and back again or it may just be the effect of a full first season taking its inevitable toll.

Something might have to change and maybe still should, but I feel more confident after today.

Cheers,

Harry.

Guest sheridans_world
Is that all. :grin:

Seriously, I thought today we actually put more into the box than at any time in the last 3 months. And long may that continue. Lets stick it in there and surprise the opposition, never mind us.

Cheers,

Harry

Purley looking for clarity, surley you mean from any play, rather than just corners?

I take your point Prozac and I agree it really does get frustrating. The last 3 games in particular for me. The biggest stat for me is the no goals from open play in those games, although I felt that today it was just 1 of those games. On another day we would of had a couple at least.

I said after the Orient game that I felt we needed a change of formation at home and I still think that. Despite Lee starting today, I felt that he wandered too much in the 1st half and we didn't therefore have the balance that we had at Crewe. Also, despite my misgivings earlier in the season, I think Jones is now clearly a miss and it is noticable that Taylor is having a harder time and that is no coincidence. Kelvin has looked like a rabbit in the headlights the last 2 games and his distribution has suffered as well. That may be down to the fact that he has been switched from left to right and back again or it may just be the effect of a full first season taking its inevitable toll.

Something might have to change and maybe still should, but I feel more confident after today.

Cheers,

Harry.

Kelvin and Eardley were doing fine, then Jones coming in upset our momentum - remember as good a player as Danny Boy is we were unbeaten before he arrived. He is pitched straight in at Stocky and the rest is history. Now Eards and Kelv are expected to get us back where we were in September. If i'd been pissed about as often as those two lads I'd be low on confidence too...

As for the "one of those days" I can concur but wouldn't you agree that there's been far too many of those since September at BP. Two more nails in Shez's coffin. Like I said last season and around this time, the away form will fade - it always does and with out our promotion chances - unless Shez changes his formation, all he's doing at the moment is shuffling deckchairs around on the titanic. He needs to have the bollocks to come up with an answer to our current short-comings at BP.

Is that all. :grin:

Seriously, I thought today we actually put more into the box than at any time in the last 3 months. And long may that continue. Lets stick it in there and surprise the opposition, never mind us.

Cheers,

Harry

A big :censored: in there would give us half a chance wouldn't it? Oh sorry, we'd need to beat the first defender wouldn't we?

Eardley couldnt have failed to not find Byfield from that cross he was about 5yards from him, under no pressure, perhaps that was a chance yes but he was heavily under pressure, and Gregans chance there was so many bodies between him and the goal, wouldnt call it a clear cut chance, no one on ones or clear shots from inside the area is not good enough, struggling to fathom how people class allott blasting over from 20yards a clear cut chance.

Keeper saved Hughes header, Alessandra's cut back right at the death and was involved on a number of other occasions cutting out crosses etc. I agree that we did not make him work as hard as we should have - too many shots over the top (Allott and Byfield) or just wide (Gregan).

BUT - this was a decent performance and Carlisle looked to have a number of good quality players. We are on a run at the moment - too many draws I agree - but the team is looking stronger each game. Let's beat a few teams beginning with the letter H - Huddersfield and Hartlepool and Hereford - and then we can push on. :grin:

Purley looking for clarity, surley you mean from any play, rather than just corners?

My post was replying to Prozac's post about 19 short corners every week. So my reply was actaully about today's corners. But I can see your thinking about any play and you could well be right.

Taking that point on, I think that the introduction of Maher & Lee has seen us get the ball back on the floor in the last 2 games and the ball has ended up being played around the opposition resulting in more balls in from wide rather than hoofed over the middle. (Maher might be classed as a sideways passer by some, but it opens up more avenues sometimes and results in better ball retention - to quote Shez's favourite saying "taking care of the ball.")

Cheers,

Harry.

Kelvin and Eardley were doing fine, then Jones coming in upset our momentum - remember as good a player as Danny Boy is we were unbeaten before he arrived. He is pitched straight in at Stocky and the rest is history. Now Eards and Kelv are expected to get us back where we were in September. If i'd been pissed about as often as those two lads I'd be low on confidence too...

As for the "one of those days" I can concur but wouldn't you agree that there's been far too many of those since September at BP. Two more nails in Shez's coffin. Like I said last season and around this time, the away form will fade - it always does and with out our promotion chances - unless Shez changes his formation, all he's doing at the moment is shuffling deckchairs around on the titanic. He needs to have the bollocks to come up with an answer to our current short-comings at BP.

Ah, so yes, it'sback to the shez out remarks. Well, we drew, what should he expect?

So, let's review our managers over the past 10 years:-

Ritchie - no money, no hope, struggling year on year, found some sort of consistency in avoiding the drop, sacked after the money man came.

Wadsworth - loads of cash, finished 10th with all that money. sacked

Dowie - loads of money, played well at times, didn't win enough, poor substitutions, finisshed 6th. Legged it when times got tough.

Talbot - Decent money to spend (arber, jack and a few others) - struggled like hell and the team had to be rescued by....

Moore - Stopped the rot(ish) at the end of talbot's time, but was it 1 win in the last 6 and a final day win to stay up 3-2? Then got decent backing and finished ....10th

Shez - no real money first season, finished 6th, not much more next season but a bit, got hughes, messed up with ricketts, finished 10th...

and now....

we're 5th, Shez has had a decent amount to spend and has got us in the play off places without the spending of Dowie. So, better than Wads, talbot, Moore, he's made the play offs, 10th and we're back in there again and people want to start looking again for a new manager? Madness.

I agree with the first point in your 1st paragraph and have said it on a previous post. However, there are pros and cons to Jones being brought in and it is clearly noticable that since Jones's injury Taylor has not been as effective, this, imo, being due to the fact that you leave Jones free at your peril so it is much harder to double up on Taylor. Clearly Kelvin, doesn't pose the threat that Danny boy does. I don't think either Neil or Kelvin are short on confidence at the moment, but Kelvin will find it harder to display consistency by being shifted. It does look though as though he will get a run of at least a few weeks at left back now, which should help him again.

I take you concuring about today, but don't think that the Brighton and Orient games can be covered by the same comment. I felt that today we looked far more likley to break down the opposition.

The away form may or may not fade, time will tell. What is important now is that if it does, the home form changes and then we will be at least where we are now at the end of the season. If the away form continues as well, then you never know.

Cheers,

Harry

I agree with the first point in your 1st paragraph and have said it on a previous post. However, there are pros and cons to Jones being brought in and it is clearly noticable that since Jones's injury Taylor has not been as effective, this, imo, being due to the fact that you leave Jones free at your peril so it is much harder to double up on Taylor. Clearly Kelvin, doesn't pose the threat that Danny boy does. I don't think either Neil or Kelvin are short on confidence at the moment, but Kelvin will find it harder to display consistency by being shifted. It does look though as though he will get a run of at least a few weeks at left back now, which should help him again.

I take you concuring about today, but don't think that the Brighton and Orient games can be covered by the same comment. I felt that today we looked far more likley to break down the opposition.

The away form may or may not fade, time will tell. What is important now is that if it does, the home form changes and then we will be at least where we are now at the end of the season. If the away form continues as well, then you never know.

Cheers,

Harry

i too felt confident after todays game,like i have said elswhere on another day we could have scored a pan full,some of the approach play today was by far the best i have seen at home for a while....

that said i agree with comments about changing the midfield....maher brings something different,lee is not upto match spec and not having played much this season seems to not want to drop a bollok or 4,and at times looked scared to death.....was interesting to see once lee and maher left we lost midfield again and on another day carlisle would have done the smash n grab and walked away with 3 undeserved points.

i think if you could swap lee for an attacking midfielder alongside maher allott and taylor we would pretty much play the ball on the floor most games...

i would of liked to have seen shez really go for it and take lee off for lewi and left byfield on,thought he caused them problems with his movement today,perfect foil for hughes.

Dowie - loads of money, played well at times, didn't win enough, poor substitutions, finisshed 6th. Legged it when times got tough.

Not quite true. We finished 5th. However I agree with the rest of your post.

Also the Dowie Play-off season - we had an even worse home-record than this year (which is you read some peoples views is tantamount to being the worst they have ever seen). If you were a home-only support that year, you'd be hard pushed to understand how we managed to make the play-offs.

Shez - not perfect, but doing OK and learning still. Give him time and I think he will get better and better.