Chris O.Grady

Is there anyone on this board with some inside information at the club can tell me what big Chris has done wrong. He came in for sore toe Byfield and put in (IMO) a man o the match performance. for his efforts was then dumped back on the bench. I know he is not the answer to our goal scoring problem but.....why when things arent working up front do we bring on a similar player to the one we are taking off, ie Lewi for Byfield, mix it up with a bit of muscle, especially if we are bringing on the best crosser of a ball in world football (alledgedly) we need someone who can put themselves about a bit in the box. Shez had always stated he wants players to knock on his door and question why they aint playin...Big Chris should be headin the queue

Is there anyone on this board with some inside information at the club can tell me what big Chris has done wrong. He came in for sore toe Byfield and put in (IMO) a man o the match performance. for his efforts was then dumped back on the bench. I know he is not the answer to our goal scoring problem but.....why when things arent working up front do we bring on a similar player to the one we are taking off, ie Lewi for Byfield, mix it up with a bit of muscle, especially if we are bringing on the best crosser of a ball in world football (alledgedly) we need someone who can put themselves about a bit in the box. Shez had always stated he wants players to knock on his door and question why they aint playin...Big Chris should be headin the queue

Think he'll be behind Smalley in the queue.

Thing is - does he look likely to score a league goal? Did he score at Bury on loan - I cannot remember. He looks halfdecent when he comes on but lacks that goal stardust (see Byfield, Smalley, Alessandra etc)

Agree with you and i just don't understand Shez on Byefield.

The guy offers nothing that Aless and OG can so why has he taken a first team place above these.

We don't need Byefield - It's a sheer waste of a wage.

Agree with you and i just don't understand Shez on Byefield.

The guy offers nothing that Aless and OG can so why has he taken a first team place above these.

We don't need Byefield - It's a sheer waste of a wage.

Bob on! Gives us absolutely nowt. I thought he was fast but he can't even offer us pace. That's where CD is by far the better option.

Byfield's just a pi$$poor journeyman who keeps robbing wages from club after club after...

E4e

GOOME

I think Byfiedl is OK.

The thing he does give us is experience and consistency. Allthough Allesandra is a better player and O Grady is a simular standard. Those two are both on and off where as Byfield does a half decent job every game. Its good to have him there and Lewi getting his chance every few games.

I do think we could have brought him off 10-5 earlier on sunday tho.

Cant wait for Davies back and straight into the team.

He has, last minute at Col U, straight at the keeper great turn weak shot, should have won it for us!

by no means am i saying he is the answer to our prayers, what i am saying is...he gives us a new dimension on the playing field, he may be behind Lewi and Smalley but, he is another option tactics wise. big number 9 when needed, dont replace a player who exactly the same as the player you are replacing...GOG gives us a new dimension, someone who is at least gonna out muscle a centre back...Lewi or Byfield cant do that

by no means am i saying he is the answer to our prayers, what i am saying is...he gives us a new dimension on the playing field, he may be behind Lewi and Smalley but, he is another option tactics wise. big number 9 when needed, dont replace a player who exactly the same as the player you are replacing...GOG gives us a new dimension, someone who is at least gonna out muscle a centre back...Lewi or Byfield cant do that

I've liked the few minutes of him that we've seen of late.

The back heel against Walsall that played in Jones to cross for Hughes' winner was sublime.

It was also good to see him used as a near post flick on merchant at corners in another home game too.

As strikers go, I'd say he's behind Alessandra (who should start imho) and ahead of Smalley, who should perhaps start ahead of Liddle or Lee.

As for outmuscling centre halfs, Alessandra is far to clever a player to need to do that. Much more skilful and creative than any other striker we have.

But you're right - O'Grady is a different dimension that could, if used properly, turn a game or two for us before the end of the season.

Edited by opinions4u

Forget O grady, 5th choice striker! - come on he will, hold the ball up he should, after that stick an arrow on his head point him to the box and there maybe a result in there. As for what's he done wrong??? How can you ask that - we have looked ok up front without him, why do people have this obsession with giving players on the bench/out of the team a game.

Forget O grady, 5th choice striker! - come on he will, hold the ball up he should, after that stick an arrow on his head point him to the box and there maybe a result in there. As for what's he done wrong??? How can you ask that - we have looked ok up front without him, why do people have this obsession with giving players on the bench/out of the team a game.

missed the point completely, no one is feckin obsessed, what i am tryna say he is a different option as a sub, goin well up front? we cudda played til 7 o clock on Sunday and still wouuldnt of bagged. not sayin COG is the answer, but wouldnt it be nice to find out once in a while. He is a plan B, lewi, deano, byfield are all plan A

missed the point completely, no one is feckin obsessed, what i am tryna say he is a different option as a sub, goin well up front? we cudda played til 7 o clock on Sunday and still wouuldnt of bagged. not sayin COG is the answer, but wouldnt it be nice to find out once in a while. He is a plan B, lewi, deano, byfield are all plan A

ok.... sorry! :disappointed: