Oldham Chron

Because it says the longest contract offered to any player whilst owned by the 3 amigos. As several players have had two year deals it must be longer.

I didn't notice that - I thought it was the most generous deal all-in (i.e. wage x length), not necessary the longest.

To be honest if we have offerred more than a 2 year extension then I would start to question the deal. 34 for a forward is OLD, and to have him for another year after that? More tempted to take the £400k if that is the case.

I presume most people would offer Hughes a 12 month contract, and we'd push the boat out and make it 24 months.

Guest sheridans_world
Because it says the longest contract offered to any player whilst owned by the 3 amigos. As several players have had two year deals it must be longer.

I'm sure either Taylor or Eardley signed a four year deal. If not four, then definatley three years.

If Davies returns and goes on the bench, perhaps O'Grady will be loaned out again. Sheridan said Davies had a future at the club, this suggests he won't be sold and Davies will probably expect first-team action on his return.

I just can't understand why O'Grady hasn't been used. Has Sheridan made a mistake in bringing him to the club?

If Davies returns and goes on the bench, perhaps O'Grady will be loaned out again. Sheridan said Davies had a future at the club, this suggests he won't be sold and Davies will probably expect first-team action on his return.

I just can't understand why O'Grady hasn't been used. Has Sheridan made a mistake in bringing him to the club?

I don't see why COG's exclusion is causing so many questions. Hughes, DB and Lewi are all ahead of him in the pecking order, that's all. I see no reason why when we're a few games unbeaten, it's a sign of unrest or a mistaken transfer that our 4th striker is only on the bench.

I think you're getting confused with the length of his driving ban.

to be honest i would offer him a 2 year deal.....he has 6 months left so basically it would be a 2 1/2 year deal with clauses inserted as applicable.....

like some one has said these days contracts are not worth the paper there written on....he has scored 13 goals and is online to pass porters haul if he carrys on as he is doing....

there is no reason why he cant accept then if we stay down leave in may..

one other thing,he might not decide until davies future has been sorted out....there isnt any love lost between them and davies certainly spat the dummy out over hughes being number one striker....so that could have a bearing on a deal as well.

t

one other thing,he might not decide until davies future has been sorted out....there isnt any love lost between them and davies certainly spat the dummy out over hughes being number one striker....so that could have a bearing on a deal as well.

Evidence?

Sorry Ed, but that's a load of bollocks. They are goodmates.

The bull:censored: some fans are willing to believe sometimes is absolutely hilarious.

(Notice I'm not laughing. It's all a bit too pathetic for laughter lately. :blink: )