Loanees

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1502728,00.html

My thoughts:

Davies - comes back and stays

Kalala - deal to keep him agreed / loaned to end of season. No fee.

Thompson - same as Kalala

Jones - loaned to us till end of season

Black - depends on injury. If short-term, stays there till end of season, if not back with us for treatment.

My thoughts:

Black - depends on injury. If short-term, stays there till end of season, if not back with us for treatment.

Yup - that sums it up for me. Then there is Byfield - what to do? Is he worth keeping for the season or will he be part of the Hughes to Donny deal?

Guest sheridans_world

Yeah I agree with that.

Somehow I cant see Hughes going to Donny if 'a number of championship clubs' are interested in him.

If he goes, I'm sure he would go to another championship club, one that is going to stay up or even push for playoffs.

Contrary to what people might think, we will need Davies back and if Hughes does go, a prolonged run in the side might just give us what we need up front. Personally, I think we need to be looking at cover in defence and probably a goalkeeper, now that Crossley might be out until March.

I'd certainly agree that we need some cover at left back, or a left back would be a start. Jones isn't coming back for at least a couple of months and maybe longer - so he's a non-starter.

The keeper situation I would play by ear. As long as Fleming is fit we are okay (and there's nothing I've seen to say that he will get an injury anytime soon). If he gets injured it is emergency loan time - but no need to throw away money in my view.

Other than these it is obviously dependant upon who leaves as to what we will require.

I'd certainly agree that we need some cover at left back, or a left back would be a start. Jones isn't coming back for at least a couple of months and maybe longer - so he's a non-starter.

The keeper situation I would play by ear. As long as Fleming is fit we are okay (and there's nothing I've seen to say that he will get an injury anytime soon). If he gets injured it is emergency loan time - but no need to throw away money in my view.

Other than these it is obviously dependant upon who leaves as to what we will require.

On the other hand, nearly every short term keeper we've had in has been :censored: and has let 3 goals a game in. It's a tough one, Greg has to be given his chance now and nobody experienced is going to come to wait behind him.

My thoughts:

Would agree with all of them and especially hope your right re: Davies, unless selling him for a few hundred grand would reduce the requirement for us to sell elsewhere. As for goalkeeper, surely Josh Bell will do for cover and if the SHTF and Fleming gets injured, we can bring someone in on loan.

:angry: Shez Out!

Fancy loaning out the frost covers at this stage of the season to local non-league club Stalybridge Celtic. It beggers belief! Surprised Doncaster haven't tried to hijack the deal though?

Celtic, who have not had a home fixture since November 11, are feeling the pinch financially so are desperate to beat the freeze so that their local derby against Hyde United goes ahead on New Year’s Day (3pm).

:angry: Shez Out!

Fancy loaning out the frost covers at this stage of the season to local non-league club Stalybridge Celtic. It beggers belief! Surprised Doncaster haven't tried to hijack the deal though?

Celtic, who have not had a home fixture since November 11, are feeling the pinch financially so are desperate to beat the freeze so that their local derby against Hyde United goes ahead on New Year’s Day (3pm).

jim gannon wants davies at stockport,but over the past week has been pleading poverty to anybody that will listen.....

depending on hughes depends on davies.....if davies comes back,it will at least dispell some rumours that shez wants rid and he is a distraction....

I can't see us allowing Davies to stay at Stockport. I want him back at BP alongside Hughes, or at least as an option to Byfield. Not sure of the latest loan rules, but I don't think we can keep Byfield on loan more than another month after Jan 10th.

We desperately need defensive cover. Ideally a left back who can cover for centre half until Stam's fit again. Although right now it'd be harsh on Lomax to drop him so it'll be difficult to get the right player in without the promise of a starting spot.

Keeper cover will be an emergency job if Flaming gets injured.

All this assumes no-one leaves - in addition to the above, I think we'll need direct replacements for any departures.

we signed Byfield at the same time we shifted Davies out to Stockport and they are similar sort of players, a month ago I thought this would be the swap deal we'd be dealing with at this moment in time

surely they'd have taken Davies on loan if he was available and they were interested?