Stevie G

If it is common knowledge from the police horse's mouth so to speak, and then someone on the jury has heard that SG was "running away and caught a couple of streets away after knocking someone's front teeth" I would expect the defence counsel to say that it would have a bearing on the outcome of the case, regardless of the defence explanation of the circumstances. The police should protect their evidence, so that the prosecution case is not jeopardised.

But what do I know?

Yeah.... that's why jury meant aren't meant to read papers and are usually locked up in hotel rooms during trails etc....

Guest sheridans_world
No one else find it funny that people like Joey Barton are demonised yet Stevie G has the full support of the club....

Its all on the same level as Lee Hughes being called a murderer... :)

Joey Barton is his own worst enemy.

No-one really knows what went on, I assume Stevie G has spoken to 'the powers that be' at anfield, giving his version of events and they have decided to back him fully.

The difference is (I assume) that Gerrard was intimidated, while Barton is just a thug!

Joey Barton is his own worst enemy.

No-one really knows what went on, I assume Stevie G has spoken to 'the powers that be' at anfield, giving his version of events and they have decided to back him fully.

The difference is (I assume) that Gerrard was intimidated, while Barton is just a thug!

also, has Barton not fallen foul of the discipline tight rope a number of times over his short unacheiveing career, whereas Stevie G has, for 5/6 years been one of, if not THE most consistent/outstanding footballer in the premgreed, leading his club by example throughout, both on and off the field - with a couple of champions league finals thrown in for good measure.

I should think the club are backing him.