Davies recalled

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is something we have been desperately missing since he went. A bit of pace. I hope he gets the nod ahead of Byfield on saturday.

While I dont think Byfield has done anything to much wrong... I think Davies should be thrown in there while he is "hot" to see what he can do... I get the feeling he has a couple of games to impress otherwise he may be off.... We will see....

He is something we have been desperately missing since he went. A bit of pace. I hope he gets the nod ahead of Byfield on saturday.

Byfield certainly has an extra yard of pace over most league one centre halfs.

Not surprising, as he has an annoying habit of conserving energy by strolling back from the 6 yard box at the most pedestrian speed I have ever seen since I last saw a pedestrian.

Edited by opinions4u

Byfield certainly has an extra yard of pace over most league one centre halfs.

Not surprising, as he has an annoying habit of conserving energy by strolling back from the 6 yard box at the most pedestrian speed I have ever seen since I last saw a pedestrian.

Or:

"Byfield runs his arse off and can shift when it serves a purpose and he has the experience and nouse not to waste his energy for no use."

Or:

"Byfield runs his arse off and can shift when it serves a purpose and he has the experience and nouse not to waste his energy for no use."

Succinctly put.

He's a bright player.

I still prefer the pint sized alternative who scored a hat-trick and got dropped 2 games later.

Why would hughes be a done deal just cos we have a striker back after a loan spell?

maybe something to do with the timing of the call back....to give him a game with his team mates on saturday to see how they all get on again.....

jim gannon would like to have kept davies until the end of the season,and if he had some cash may have put in an offer to buy him

with all that going on it could be construed that he has been brought back early(albeit a few days)because hughes has agreed to join a championship club on 1st of jan.

with all that going on it could be construed that he has been brought back early(albeit a few days)because hughes has agreed to join a championship club on 1st of jan.

Ot that County don't have a game and therefore no point staying another 3 or 4 days with no opportunity to play and we do, so bring him back.

Whilst Ganno likes Davies, they have no money. Davies has probably done well enough at County (and last season with us) to mean that if we do want to get rid another club will come in and pay the money county cannot afford.

if he has to be on the bench, id like him to come on during play so he can get a standing ovation* and feel grrrrreat.

*he wont be able to tell that there will be some clueless know nowts not applauding. second thoughts, clueless know littles.

Why the hell do you think he deserves a standing ovation...

I agree with your thoughts that he deserves another shot and should be supported...but I haven't forgot the negatives about the guy...and its up to him to win me back not the other way around!

its not about what i think he deserves. i just think that in an ideal world, if he came on for byfield after 70 minutes when we were two nil* up, the reaction he would most probably see away to his right would be excellent for him, and therefore us**.

* eight nil would be better, but thats just greedy.

** sorry to keep doing this.

its not about what i think he deserves. i just think that in an ideal world, if he came on for byfield after 70 minutes when we were two nil* up, the reaction he would most probably see away to his right would be excellent for him, and therefore us**.

* eight nil would be better, but thats just greedy.

** sorry to keep doing this.

Your posts are starting to read like Enclyopedia entries :P

I'll be giving him an ovation if he comes on (I may even stand). This is exactly what he thrives upon, he is a confidence player which has been proved at Stockport. I can't wait to see him back in a Latics shirt.

but unfortuantly a lot of Latics fans dont do confidence players, I reacon he'll start on the bench