loyalty

i feel totally confident that lee hughes will be staying at boundary park.

i also feel totally confident that he will show loyalty to us, given the circumstances in which he joined us,and even now,

the club has gone a further mile now by offering him a decent wage until he probably nears retirement age.

his missus will also have a big say in this. and i`m sure she will certainly be remembering /reminding lee as to the reasons why and how he`s still playing pro-football.

you get my confident drift ??

i also feel totally confident that he will show loyalty to us, given the circumstances in which he joined us,and even now,

the club has gone a further mile now by offering him a decent wage until he probably nears retirement age.

his missus will also have a big say in this. and i`m sure she will certainly be remembering /reminding lee as to the reasons why and how he`s still playing pro-football.

couple of things hughes isnt with his wife no more ! He has a young girl friend now ! Oldham must be a great place to show off to a girl from The midlandr ! There is another good reason why he wont stay ! The bloke wants to feel wanted and if a so called senior staff at the club dont want him there then why should he stay when he can make better money else where !

i`m usually totally skeptical regarding footballers vs loyalty vs money.... (chris porter ring any bells ?? ),,,, but whatever the background politics/marital status etc, i just feel that lee hughes will prove to be the exception given the circumstances of how he ended up a latics player...i`m confident he will repay us in full, and that also means staying here,and settling for the improved contract.

yeah..... i know some may think my glasses are a little tinted, but we`ll know within a week if lee`s sentiment and loyalty to us remains intact.......i just can`t see him doing a porter and not giving a f**k for us.

has corney followed the deal to Hughes or is it a director who has never done a deal before ? What does that say about senior staff wanting hughes to stay ??

:unsure:

Who pays the contracts? Maybe, just maybe, the TTA believe Barry's rapport with Lee can be used as a tool in getting him to re-sign?

FFS....what ever happened to the quality of poster on here? (Not a direct dig at you Nickhenryslovechild, its a cumalitive frustration.)

has corney followed the deal to Hughes or is it a director who has never done a deal before ? What does that say about senior staff wanting hughes to stay ??

Sky Sports reports that Simon Ciorney said "We're hopeful he'll sign it but we're almost in the hands of Lee and his agent. It's fair to say it's the best offer that we've made to any player in the time I've been at the club."

If you're looking for Hughes to show loyalty to repay the faith shown in him, who better to negotiate and twist his conscience than the man who visited him in jail to negotiate the current deal? That's why Barry Owen has been given that task.

:unsure:

Who pays the contracts? Maybe, just maybe, the TTA believe Barry's rapport with Lee can be used as a tool in getting him to re-sign?

FFS....what ever happened to the quality of poster on here? (Not a direct dig at you Nickhenryslovechild, its a cumalitive frustration.)

i hear what you say ! I just hope Barry can dissolve the crust between a player and senior staff caused by comments earlier in the season - everybody remembers the interviews that have now been pulled off Latics world made by certain staff at bp ! Lee wants to stay at the club he adores the fans lets just hope thats enough for him to stay

Look, Lee Hughes loyalty to Oldham Athletic only has to stretch as far as the terms of his contract.

When we did him a favour 18 months ago, the rules relating to that favour were written down. With a £400k buy-out clause in it.

I am not totally convinced that Doncaster Rovers will significantly trump any deal offered by Latics (but then I have no mates who drink in a pub where somebody once cut Hughsey's hair so I don't actually know). But then again, another club probably could. Easily.

If it's a close call, he'll play the loyalty card. But if there's a significant wedge that doesn't mean driving (by chauffer, of course) on the M5 or the M1 south of Rugby I think he'll leave.

Lee, stay.

Edited by opinions4u

IMO hughsey will stay until the end of the season and see what situation we have then (as in what league we are in and who still wants him) Then if he does leave he will get a £250k signing on fee rather than a club stumping up £400k to us if he leaves in jan. That's if the cash is an issue to him

If that does happen and we get promoted then everyones a winner as he's fired us to glory he get's a big payday and the other club gets him on a bosman. hope he atleast gives us until the summer though because if not, whoever we bring in to replace him in january has to start scoring soon and it's a gamble mid-season

Now this is not internet gossip but three of my good mates were in the same pub as lee hughes last month - i wont say which pub it was (but believe me its not a glamorous one) he was with 2 girls, and when asked if he is staying his reply was 'it depends how much your chairman is willing to pay me'. Now please dont take this as idle gossip etc this is the truth and what actually happened and what got said

Edited by creepy

Now this is not internet gossip but three of my good mates were in the same pub as lee hughes last month - i wont say which pub it was (but believe me its not a glamorous one) he was with 2 girls, and when asked if he is staying his reply was 'it depends how much your chairman is willing to pay me'. Now please dont take this as idle gossip etc this is the truth and what actually happened and what got said

Hughes needs to remember one thing before he does leave and that's who gave him the ticket back into playing Football once more, I don't recall there being a massive queue of teams willing to take a chance on him back then, had it not been for the humility of OAFC he may never of played again.

Whatever happens no player is bigger than any club and I wish him well either way but i'd prefer city to sell Micah for :censored:loads with the money coming from that instead of Hughes but then again no chance of that now is there :blush:

Edited by OLDHAMADE

Hughes needs to remember one thing before he does leave and that's who gave him the ticket back into playing Football once more, I don't recall there being a massive queue of teams willing to take a chance on him back then, had it not been for the humility of OAFC he may never of played again.

Whatever happens no player is bigger than any club and I wish him well either way but i'd prefer city to sell Micah for :censored:loads with the money coming from that instead of Hughes but then again no chance of that now is there :blush:

he had several clubs interested, we did the grunt work for a few months earlier so he decided to join us, it was mentioned in his first press conference.