Best home game - Millwall (4-3)

Best away game - Hartlepool

Worst home game - Millwall (1-1)

Worst away game - Swindon (0-2)

Best day out - Masters

Best goal - Rubes at Leeds

Player of the year - Chris Taylor

Most improved - Kelvin Lomax

Best OWTB member - Lags (for sorting out my Tranmere ticket)

Most entertaining opposition OWTB member - spainboy (although somewhat unintentionally)

I'd suggest a 'worst moment', but it's pretty obvious what everyone's was. RIP Ernie.

Best moment - The Everton win. Coming days after a fantastic performance at Leeds which I thought wouldn't be outdone.

Best home game - Scunny (3-0). Blew them off the park and ended a slight wobbly run of form.

Best away game - Everton.

Worst home game - Leyton Orient (1-1). There are probably worse performances, but this, coming after bad results against Yeovil and Brighton just annoyed further as we lost chance to put pressure on the top 2.

Worst away game - Bristol Rovers (0-2). Again, there are much worse performances but I went to this one, taking a day and half off work to do so.

Best day out - Not really had one per se.

Best goal - Gary McDonald's strike at Everton. What a shot to win a game from.

Player of the year - Ruben Hazell.

Most improved - Chris Taylor

Best OWTB member - None. You're all slaaags! Actually, I must admit I do enjoy reading posts by garcon, crusoe, Wilson, Stipey among others, but the large majority of OWTB posters are either inarticulate, without foundation, rumour-mongering or a mix of all three.

Most entertaining opposition OWTB member - I'd suggest spainboy, but its a bit obvious. And anyway, we should do more to welcome away supporters on this board. Bit of a redundant 'award' really.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Best moment - Everton and the second victory against Leeds, I was certain Beckford would bag a hatrick against us.

Best home game - Milwall 4-3.

Best away game - Peterborugh the other week was a great game.

Worst home game - Yeovil 0-2.

Worst away game - Swindon. Never looked like scoring.

Best day out -Masters, or Everton

Best goal - Free kick v Milwall

Player of the year - Reuben - so consistent.

Most improved - Chris Taylor or Trippier.

Best OWTB member -dean1984, such a depressed individual.

Most entertaining opposition OWTB member - Spainboy

Best moment - Everton goal

Best home game - Huddersfield (4-1)

Best away game - Everton

Worst home game - Hartlepool - we were unbelivably poor

Worst away game - gillingham (0-0) couldnt score, bitterly cold

Best day out - Brighton, thanks to the group of people sat behind us, and OldhamSheridans persistant singing.

Best goal - Gary mac at everton

Player of the year - Reuben Hazell. Solid all the way.

Most improved - Chris Taylor - because last season IMO he was average at best.

Best OWTB member - Any of the eardley haters who are so deluded its funny.

Best moment - when Yakubu hit the post at Everton

Best away game - Leeds NYD

Worst home game - Huddersfield in the FA cup

Worst away game - Stockport and the abuse I got for it afterwards

Best day out - Crewe on the final day dressed as Mary

Best goal - Eardleys 2nd against Crewe

Most improved - Ruben Hazell

Best OWTB member - Lags (for the lift to Swindon)

Was thinking of such a post too...great minds JSS!

And so...

Best moment - That moment when McD's goal hit the back of the net...never celebrated a goal like it

Best home game - Leicester (1-1) - Thoroughly enjoyable against a top side

Best away game - Everton, Leeds x 2, Tranmere...all equally enjoyable

Worst home game - Hartlepool (0-1) - The worst game I think I've ever seen at BP

Worst away game - Northampton (0-2) - Dire

Best day out - Hartlepool - Whole round day was a jolly good piss up

Best goal - McD...unbeatable

Player of the year - Reuben Hazell...unsung hero

Worst player of the year - John Thompson

Worst opposition chant - "Your support is :censored:ing :censored:"...from Cheltenham fans in FA Cup...cringeworthy!

Worst Latics chant - "Get mental on"...not a chant as such but it's a shout out

Best opposition chant - "You're just a stand full of wankers" - Crewe...to which we sang it too

Best Latics chant - "Ian Moooooore.....Ian Mooooooorrrrrreeeee! Yer dad is a :censored: and ya mothers a whore!"

Funniest moment - Personally, giving Martin Allen some :censored: face to face at Cheltenham. Was nice to watch his head go bright red with anger.

Day I was proud to be a Latics fan - Rochdale game...a moment for all to remember Ernie no matter what our footballing views. All came together.

Most ridiculous refereeing decision - The 2nd penalty the referee gave at Peterborough against Stam. I think we should try free-falling in the box the next time he's in town.

Celebration - Gregans at Leeds at the full time whistle - was almost too much for one guy who went berserk in their end.

Most abused player by our fans - Neal Eardley

Most enjoyable 90 mins - Crewe W4-1...last away game, conga's in the stands, never once in trouble in the game. A party from 0-90.

Edited by boundaryblue80

The ones I didn't do...

Worst player of the year - Don't like to pick someone out, but O'Donnell was pretty gashtastic.

Worst opposition chant - 'No-one likes us, we don't care'...by Carlisle.

Worst Latics chant - 'Die, die, Ricketts' - scum

Best opposition chant - none spring to mind

Best Latics chant - 'Same old Fergies, always cheating' at Posh

Funniest moment - listening to the moaning Scousers on Radio Merseyside after Everton

Most ridiculous refereeing decision - That second Posh pen takes some beating, but Hughes' red at Northampton was ridiculous.

Celebration - Hughes' first on Boxing Day

Most enjoyable 90 mins - Hartlepool away was just a superb game

Worst player of the year - O'Donnell for that goal he gave Millwall

Worst opposition chant - "Your support is ****** ****"...from Huddersfield fans when the majority of empty seats in the ground were in their end

Best opposition chant - "Did you drop the soap" - by the Swindon fans to Lee Hughes, beats the usual rubbish they sing at him

Best Latics chant - "Marching Out together" to the departing Leeds fans

Funniest moment - The Pile on when we scored at Leeds.

Most ridiculous refereeing decision - The 2nd Pen Peterborough got against us the other week, havent gone as mad at a refs decision in ages

Celebration - Gary Macs mad run at Everton

Most Abused Player - Craig Davies, unbeleivable abuse from the fans, but Neil Eardley is cropping up, will be interesting now that Davies is now back as to see who will get the most abuse

Player of the year - Rubens.

Best Goal - Millwall home, 4th. Never seen Latics do such a well worked free-kick.

Best Away day - Everton. Even better becuase one of our senior managers is an Everton fan and offerred to drive because he gets free fuel. Picked me, my GF and my Dad up. Don't think he expected the long journey back to Wakefield to be with 3 VERY smug Oldham fans.

Best Home game - Millwall again. A crap start to the season suddenly became a great start. 7 goals and we nick at the death - that is why you go to football.

Worst home game - Hudds in the cup. Heroics at Goodison followed by udder drabness against poor opposition which meant we missed out on a day in the capital.

Worst away game- don't go to too many these days and generally been lucky in 2008.

Masters deserves special mention - fantastic day / night. Cannot wait for it again this year.

Best moment - Macca's goal at Everton

Best away game - Leeds (3-1 in league anyhow ... wot a way for killer to finish his 2nd spell at BP)

Worst home game - Hartlepool (0-1)

Worst away game - Bristol Rovers (0-1)

Best day out - Everton away

Best goal - Chris Taylor (Millwall 4-3)

Most improved - Reuben Hazell

Best OWTB member - N/A

Most entertaining opposition OWTB member - N/A

Best moment - Full Time Whistle at Goodison Park after the ref playing more injury time than was added on, which they hit the post in.

Best home game - Millwall comeback

Best away game - Everton

Worst home game - Yeovil home

Worst away game - Burnley away

Best day out - Everton. Poor Cloughie had to put up with us gloating all the way home.

Best goal - Gary Mac's at Everton

Worst opposition chant - 'No-one likes us, we don't care'...by Carlisle.

Worst Latics chant - 'Die, die, Ricketts'

Best opposition chant - "Carlisle. Sort it Out. Carlisle Carlisle sort it out" when we were 2-0 up at half time. :wink: Or Leeds "15 Points.....Who gives a f*ck" looked impressive during the game as the entire stand was singing and them pouring down into the car park singing it after the game too.

Best Latics chant - "Never felt more like singin the blues, when Oldham win and City lose - Oh Oldham. You got me singing the blues - GARY MAC GARY MAC GARY MAC" all the way home from Everton. (Yes, I know. City drew, not lost that same day).

Funniest moment - The look on cloughie's face when he came back to the coach after Everton. Or any of Hughes's antics winding up opposition fans.

Most ridiculous refereeing decision - Pens at Peterborough.

Celebration - Everton away.

Most enjoyable 90 mins - Scunthorpe home.

Best moment The morning after the Everton game and waking up to see Oldham on pretty much every back page of every newspaper in the world!

Best home game The Millwall 4-3 game. Just to see the reaction of their fan's when the 4th goal went in. Magic.

Best away game Apart from the obvious, It was nice to see us beat Port Vale finally.

Worst home game Huddersfield in the cup. To not put in a performance and lose like that was a joke and they got Chelsea.

Worst away game Luton was poor, Stockport was dissapointing and Swindon was dire!

Best day out The masters was amazing, I don't think the other fan's knew what hit them.

Best goal Danny Whittakers goal was great against Leicester but Gary Mac's will be remembered forever.

Player of the year Chris Taylor wins it followed by Allott.

Most improved I think Hazzell's become a very comanding defender in 2008.

Worst player of the year Eardley's had a bad year in terms of how good he can be.

Worst opposition chant Murdererrrrrrr - how original

Worst Latics chant OOO Chris O Grady oh Chris O Grady still makes me laugh at how bad it is.

Best opposition chant 15 points who gives a f*ck were super Leeds and were going up.

Best Latics chant 15 points who gives a f*ck your super Leeds and you f*cked it up!

Funniest moment Hughesy last week against Carlisle faking injury then laughing at the away fan's.

Day I was proud to be a Latics fan After beating Everton to be a Latics fan was the best thing ever. Then we drew to Brighton and I was brought back down to earth!

Most ridiculous refereeing decision Peterborough's 2nd penalty was probably the worst but I'm sure there was loads I've forgotton.

Celebration Everton again was incredible. Gary Mac's shirt over his head running towards the Latics fans..

Most abused player by our fans Davies,Eardley and Lomax have had their fair share.

Most enjoyable 90 mins I think when we out played Carlisle at home when they were flying high was a cracking 90mins.

Best moment - McDonald's goal, 5 minutes after I'd texted my Everton fan mate "worried yet?" as we seemed to be getting the upper hand. He never replied!

Best home game - I can't get any better than that Millwall 4-3 game.

Best away game - Everton

Worst home game - the midweek defeat to Hartlepool was awful

Worst away game - not been to many, so Stockport. The must be worse though.

Best day out - Everton

Best goal - free kick against Millwall stands out.

Player of the year - for consistency, Reuben.

Most improved - of those in the team, Reuben. Alessandra looks like he's going to go a long way though.

Worst player of the year - not prepared to do this one. Let's say Ormerod. I hate us signing crocks on loan to rehabilitate them for their parent club.

Worst opposition chant - "you're a cant Hughes" (Millwall).

Worst Latics chant - I'm a barsteward .... sung to Scunthorpe, Orient or Carlisle supporters. Also "1-2-3-4 can you hear the Chaddy roar" jsut isn't right in the RRE.

Best Latics chant - Mark Allott's "used to be :censored:e" is up there but my vote goes to "It's Shaggy, from Scooby Doo" targeted at a Cheltenham fan in the league game this season.

Funniest moment - Hughsey explaining to the ref how an oppostion player had dived (Hereford I think) - magnificent.

Day I was proud to be a Latics fan - Everton

Most ridiculous refereeing decision - Hughes' red card (from limited tv evidence)

Celebration - Swindon's after they equalised at BP.

Most abused player by our fans - Eardley. It's pointles guys. Don't do it.

Most enjoyable 90 mins - putting 4 past Cheltenham made me think we were going to win the league in style! Everton was too tense.

Best moment - Macca at Everton

Best home game - Millwall

Best away game - Tranmere, steely resolve

Worst home game - Hartlepool

Worst away game -Northampton in April, Shockingly Bad!

Best day out - Colchester, Good Weekend

Best goal - Whitaker v Leicester

Player of the year - Taylor, stepped up to the plate after injuries decimated us from January, Carried on and improved further from August. Tailed off a little but has been superb. Just wish he'd do it more at home.

Most improved - Up until Shez dropped them at the beginning of the season, Eards and Smalley were flying. I'm sure young Greg has come on in leaps and bounds in the 7 months he's been here.

Worst player of the year - Complete bollocks of a question. They play in blue, ok they may be dodgy but don't do it on purpose!

Worst opposition chant - Any bile them cockney cants came out with.

Worst Latics chant - The Ricketts chant

Best Latics chant - 3-1 and yer f***ed it up v Millwall

Funniest moment - Lee Peltier's og

Day I was proud to be a Latics fan - I'm proud to be a Latic everyday and I count my blessings similarly that I do not follow Man U or Citeh.

Most ridiculous refereeing decision - Too many to mention

Celebration - getting chinned at Everton as my mates dived on me!

Most abused player by our fans - Don't notice, too busy watching the game to get involved in juvenile :censored:e! (Ricketts!)

Most enjoyable 90 mins - Agree with the Carlisle shout. Wasn't exectinmg anything after the Hudds debacle, Hughes limps off 5 minutes in, then we play the best football for a long time to slaughter a good side. Tranmere and Huddersfield were fun too, despite the drenchings.

Worst home game - Hartlepool - we were unbelivably poor

Worst home game - Hartlepool (0-1) - The worst game I think I've ever seen at BP

Worst home game - Hartlepool (0-1)

Worst home game - the midweek defeat to Hartlepool was awful

That would be the game where the company I work for had some sort of sponsorship so I went along with a load of reds and a 'Latic' who hadn't been in fifteen years. :scarf001: Some left at halftime, others stayed in the bar for the second half.......I endured it alone. :bblue2: Needless to say none of them have been since, including my brother who had my season ticket that day.

Quick question...I'm guessing this is just ppl's memories being slightly out of sync but was the Ricketts chant repeated this season? Coz we played them at home on Dec 29th 2007 (as in, not 2008) when I heard that pathetic chant...but didn't think it had been repeated. Has it?

Edited by boundaryblue80

Quick question...I'm guessing this is just ppl's memories being slightly out of sync but was the Ricketts chant repeated this season? Coz we played them at home on Dec 29th 2007 (as in, not 2008) when I heard that pathetic chant...but didn't think it had been repeated. Has it?

Thread

I've just realised that I broke my own rule when making my awards by including something from a game that I couldn't make. However, it's so disgusting that it's worth making an exception for.

Also, people are saying the Hartlepool game was 0-1, I'm sure it was 0-2, but can't be bothered to check.

Thread

I've just realised that I broke my own rule when making my awards by including something from a game that I couldn't make. However, it's so disgusting that it's worth making an exception for.

Also, people are saying the Hartlepool game was 0-1, I'm sure it was 0-2, but can't be bothered to check.

Damn...didn't realise...didn't hear it in the Chaddy this time so presume they've moved over to the RRE. :censored:ing scumbags...I'm not a fan of this prosecuting and banning fans who sing stuff at players but there is a line. For me, that crosses it...anyway, my view is for another thread but just astounded the brainless pricks did it again. Yet they'll call those singing "murderer" at Hughes! Oh well.

Guest sheridans_world

Best moment - Macca's goal at Everton (but I wasnt there) so... Lewis' hat-trick against Scunny.

Best away game - Tranmere (1-0)

Worst home game - Yeovil (0-2)

Worst away game - Bristol Rovers (0-2)

Best goal - Hazell at Tranmere

Best moment - Mac's goal at Everton.

Best home game - Leicester 1-1 gritty, and determined.

Best away game - Everton

Worst home game - Orient was pretty lame, I suppose. I can't remember last seasons games too well.

Worst away game - N/A

Best goal - Mac at Everton, you'll have to go someway to beat that, against Premiership opponents too.

Player of the year - Neal Eardley. Last season he held it all together at the back when the team around him was eather short-term loanees, being sold off or injured. Moved up to midfield as well, and has shown this division that his flexibility and attitude is a great commodity at this level. Well done Neal.

Most improved - Lewi. Prized asset for the future of OAFC.