Lee Hughes gone / going

I was speaking to Hughesey's next door neighbour last Saturday, told me that Doncaster have offered £200k and the club are demanding for £250k. This must include Byfield as the balance. The story was repeated to me today by someone who knows nothing about football but was in the pub with Hughes after the Hartlepool game. Neighbour told me that Corney has had Hughesey in and told him he has to go to balance the books, clearly with Porter in mind. Doncaster have told him they'll sort out transport for the first six months, then he'll have to move.

Hopefully Doncaster will refuse to stump up the extra £50k and Hughes & Windass will turn out to be the new Ritchie & Palmer. If the owners have any real ambition, which recent signings seem to indicate, then letting Hughes go at this point would be crazy. The clock's ticking and the omens aren't good, but hopefully things will turn out right in the end. Over to you Deano......................

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was speaking to Hughesey's next door neighbour last Saturday, told me that Doncaster have offered £200k and the club are demanding for £250k. This must include Byfield as the balance. The story was repeated to me today by someone who knows nothing about football but was in the pub with Hughes after the Hartlepool game. Neighbour told me that Corney has had Hughesey in and told him he has to go to balance the books, clearly with Porter in mind. Doncaster have told him they'll sort out transport for the first six months, then he'll have to move.

Hopefully Doncaster will refuse to stump up the extra £50k and Hughes & Windass will turn out to be the new Ritchie & Palmer. If the owners have any real ambition, which recent signings seem to indicate, then letting Hughes go at this point would be crazy. The clock's ticking and the omens aren't good, but hopefully things will turn out right in the end. Over to you Deano......................

No idea about your source, but this is the most believeable story I have heard about Hughes.

No one is going to offer £400k, but tempt Latics..

But thw owners would be mad not to accept £250k.

Saying that Byfield going back and not scoring probably doesn't help.

The only point is that the owners would be mad NOT to cash in on Hughes for that money.

£1/4m for Hughes is very good business.

Obviously I do not want him to go, but 200k or 0.

But, yes, over to you Hghes.y He knows that on a free, then he gets more money.

The Windass deal is very interesting, and does make a statement that the owners do have ambition, so puts more pressure on Hughes.

PErsonally, Hughes has to get a final pay day, he missed out on that in his prime compared to most modern footballers.

People are so sure that Hughes is going right?

If thats the case then why was he at the Signings in Spindles the other day?

Did anyone ask him if he was going?

My son asked Chris Taylor if he was going.

Response along the lines of "Not as far as I'm aware".

Hughsey chips in: "That's not what you told me yesterday Chris"!!