football manager

daniel

sorry to bring up another post on FM09 but i cant find the topics on it, could someone link the relevent info if can?

anyway ive just bought the game and been told to download a patch but theres a few and i dont have a clue which one to download, ive got a pretty new laptop with vista thats all i know about it lol

If you activated the game through steam it will d/l the latest updates automatically.

oh right you are, i was installing it on that steam and downloading a patch at the same time then i realised it did it itself lol, thanks alot

so are there any good free agents who'll sign for latics? or any cheap players who do a good job?

Freddie Ljunberg or however it is spelt joined me at the start of the game. A quality CM is Mascio. There is a fair bit of info on the fm sites about lower league players now.

what's the patch for??

just got sacked in my third season yesterday :lol:

Davies value will go up to £1m then plummets and he starts causing problems (imagine that?) so sell him when he's worth a bit.

Mindaugas Kalonas is a good midfielder.

Berchiche from Spurs on loan a good signing in 2nd or 3rd season.

Gavin Hoyte on loan does well.

started again now and trying to learn from my mistakes. extended Eardley, Lee & Hughes's contracts straight away and looking to hang on to Byrne this time.

someone metioned on the other thread that Whittaker played well - i've got him set to attacking midfielder and he does ok but not great. any suggestions?

Guest oa_exile
sorry to bring up another post on FM09 but i cant find the topics on it, could someone link the relevent info if can?

anyway ive just bought the game and been told to download a patch but theres a few and i dont have a clue which one to download, ive got a pretty new laptop with vista thats all i know about it lol

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...football+manger

latics 1st season sign freddie sears from west ham he is immense... 6 months loan 30% wage he's yours

I initially got him too but he didnt do well for me.

However, ive had some ridiculous player offers.

Preston pursuiting Kalala, Shef Wed offering 100k for Allott, and every club under the sun trying to take Lomax off my hands.

Also noticed our stadium capacity is still 13,624, not acknowledging the stand demolition lol

Edited by ste1987

I initially got him too but he didnt do well for me.

However, ive had some ridiculous player offers.

Preston pursuiting Kalala, Shef Wed offering 100k for Allott, and every club under the sun trying to take Lomax off my hands.

Also noticed our stadium capacity is still 13,624, not acknowledging the stand demolition lol

He did really well for me, and davies is banging them in too... I sold Allott at the beginning of the season and played Whittaker and Maher instead untill i bought Jarett 30k and does just as well as Allott! Hazell is immense on that game. One thing to note as a bit of a tip, have hazell and greegs challenging the keeper for attacking corners and get your corner taker to stick them in the 6 yard box between the two they will score 15-20 goals in a season... Think im the leagues leaders in goals from corners and the highest scoring team in the league only thing is i leak way too many goals :-(

He did really well for me, and davies is banging them in too... I sold Allott at the beginning of the season and played Whittaker and Maher instead untill i bought Jarett 30k and does just as well as Allott! Hazell is immense on that game. One thing to note as a bit of a tip, have hazell and greegs challenging the keeper for attacking corners and get your corner taker to stick them in the 6 yard box between the two they will score 15-20 goals in a season... Think im the leagues leaders in goals from corners and the highest scoring team in the league only thing is i leak way too many goals :-(

Score from corners? So, so, so unrealistic.