O'Grady leaves on loan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm going to look at this from a different angle.

if shez has let him go so quickly(this deal must have been set up ages ago),i'm suggesting shez has a replacement to arrive.

maybe hughes is off and theres a big signing around the corner??

OIIII !!!!!!!!

WAKE UP YER DREAMY SOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

After watching O'Grady.... I would start Davies and Lewis ahead of him anyway...

You mean the striker who set up our last home goal in open play, 38 days ago??? This is what pisses me off, a guy gets scraps here and there. Starts a game, took off after 70 minutes then dropped the week after (pretty sure this will apply to Maher or Lee on saturday too, when Shez finds the temptation to bring back his chums too much) because of his lack of a real chance, he must be :censored:e. Give him 10 games, to see what he can really do. Sadly, due to our managers dithering I think we may have seen the last of COG and I expect him to move permanently in the summer. More proof that Shez cannot be trusted in the transfer market.

One more point, losing Hughes is not the be all and end all, it only becomes that when our manager fails to find an effective replacement, not like for like but effective. Do you trust him to? I don't.

i'm going to look at this from a different angle.

if shez has let him go so quickly(this deal must have been set up ages ago),i'm suggesting shez has a replacement to arrive.

maybe hughes is off and theres a big signing around the corner??

OIIII !!!!!!!!

WAKE UP YER DREAMY SOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Maybe Hughes is off and Shez wants O'Grady to be ready to step up to the plate ?

Your second guessing him...which can two ways... You can spin it positive or negative...to suit your own agenda to be frank...

I would imagine the O'Grady is being readied to be offloaded...I would be surprised if Shez dosent have a number of players lined up in case Hughes does go.... that dosent mean they will come off.... Football at this level is all about gambling and edging your bets...

One more point, losing Hughes is not the be all and end all, it only becomes that when our manager fails to find an effective replacement, not like for like but effective. Do you trust him to? I don't.

You clearly live in a world where signing someone is like shopping for a tin of beans....

Shez obviously wants him to get 1st team experience, which is something - if we are keen on keeping Hughesy. He wouldnt be getting here (same as why he moved to B*ry earlier in the year). Dont really see why people are moaning and thinking the worst.

Good move on both parts.

Assuming no new transfer activity, the pecking order of strikers at BP for me is:

1. Hughes - most likely to score

2. Alessandra - most likely to create

3. Davies - most likely to scare with pace

4. O'Grady - most likely to come good over time, but not sure he's League One standard

5. Wolfenden - most likely to come off the bench and be asked to turn a game when we're 2-0 down and there's no chance of him delivering.

Very comfortable with 1 and 2.

Very uncomfortable with 3 but does have game changing ability.

No real idea about 4.

Number 5 isn't going to cut the mustard.

Maybe Hughes is off and Shez wants O'Grady to be ready to step up to the plate ?

Your second guessing him...which can two ways... You can spin it positive or negative...to suit your own agenda to be frank...

I would imagine the O'Grady is being readied to be offloaded...I would be surprised if Shez dosent have a number of players lined up in case Hughes does go.... that dosent mean they will come off.... Football at this level is all about gambling and edging your bets...

I know what you are saying, but history proves otherwise. The past has proved Shez to be a ditherer, especially with strikers. Malongo, Glombard, Cervero or Grabban anyone? He had a month last January to bring cover in, he waited until the end of Feb' when a bit of pro-activity might have been enough to get us in the play offs. And I'm not even metioning the Moore /Idrizaj panic move debacle as he's :censored:e and would be in the bracket of the four no hopers metioned earlier.

Assuming no new transfer activity, the pecking order of strikers at BP for me is:

1. Hughes - most likely to score

2. Alessandra - most likely to create

3. Davies - most likely to scare with pace

4. O'Grady - most likely to come good over time, but not sure he's League One standard

5. Wolfenden - most likely to come off the bench and be asked to turn a game when we're 2-0 down and there's no chance of him delivering.

Very comfortable with 1 and 2.

Very uncomfortable with 3 but does have game changing ability.

No real idea about 4.

Number 5 isn't going to cut the mustard.

I would agree with that....

I know what you are saying, but history proves otherwise. The past has proved Shez to be a ditherer, especially with strikers. Malongo, Glombard, Cervero or Grabban anyone? He had a month last January to bring cover in, he waited until the end of Feb' when a bit of pro-activity might have been enough to get us in the play offs. And I'm not even metioning the Moore /Idrizaj panic move debacle as he's :censored:e and would be in the bracket of the four no hopers metioned earlier.

Your talking bollox now :)

History proves....shez a ditherer....

My guess you cant prove anything other than what was printed in the press.... that the deals didnt work out...

You clearly live in a world where signing someone is like shopping for a tin of beans....

If you read my post I'm stating that I understand the difficulty in recruiting players, my point being that with shez it is doubly difficult as he dithers too much. Even when he is pro-active like last summer he fails woefully to accomodate his signings and his bigger squad is rendered ineffective due to the very strange decision of scrapping the reserves.

Your talking bollox now :)

History proves....shez a ditherer....

My guess you cant prove anything other than what was printed in the press.... that the deals didnt work out...

You stick to what you think you know, I know what I know and can substantiate it too if need be. But not on a public forum.

COG was our man that could hold up the ball when we are being battered, but holding onto a lead. I like him as a player, partially due to his backheel that was part of jones/hughes goal at walsall, and am sad to see that hes not in any immediate plans.

Shez has already said he's looking to bring players in to strengthen the squad for the second half of the campaign and will probably mean shipping some players out on loan.

I'm guessing this is what is happening?

Seems reasonable.

What concerns me is playing pass the parcel with the players and other sides ending up with the good ones while we give away our potentially good ones.

Bit fed up with the likes of Constantine, Byfield and Ormerod coming in to be got fit, when we really need strikers coming in to win us promotion.

Edited by opinions4u

The fact that we are letting a striker go out on loan could relate to the fact that Shez is confident that Hughes is staying and perhaps is happy with Davies attiude since he has come back and therefore Chris isn't going to get much of a look in?

The fact that we are letting a striker go out on loan could relate to the fact that Shez is confident that Hughes is staying and perhaps is happy with Davies attiude since he has come back and therefore Chris isn't going to get much of a look in?

Exactly ... you cans pin this every which way... to suit your agenda...which is what is being done...

I think it would be fair to review these decisions in Feb....not now...

another way of looking at it,and i hope you're right.