O'Grady leaves on loan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dale Stephens?

There's anothere 70k down the pan!! One for the future?? How is that when there are players younger than him playing everyweek!

because they came through a better youth system and had no choice but to play last season , giving them the experience that dale stephens lacks.

Edited by palmer1

Bit of new year advice.

Don't be a dick all your life. :)

Not being funny mate, but why is he a dick? He's made some very valid points, and whilst I may not entirely agree on Nik's stance on Shez right now (Give me a few more months though...) he's bang on about his treatment of COG. Seems criminally unfair that he's not really given him a run in the side. The few times I have seen him, he's looked strong on the ball and makes it stick up front. Something we've definitely lacked in the last few home games, that's for sure. Worth noting that had Byfield been able to do the simple thing and hang onto the ball, we'd have gone on to win (albeit narrowly) against Orient.

I'm getting increasingly depressed at people resorting to namecalling, just because they don't agree with someone viewpoint on here. Pathetic.

Not being funny mate, but why is he a dick? He's made some very valid points, and whilst I may not entirely agree on Nik's stance on Shez right now (Give me a few more months though...) he's bang on about his treatment of COG. Seems criminally unfair that he's not really given him a run in the side. The few times I have seen him, he's looked strong on the ball and makes it stick up front. Something we've definitely lacked in the last few home games, that's for sure. Worth noting that had Byfield been able to do the simple thing and hang onto the ball, we'd have gone on to win (albeit narrowly) against Orient.

I'm getting increasingly depressed at people resorting to namecalling, just because they don't agree with someone viewpoint on here. Pathetic.

+1

:chubb:

i think its the right deal for both us and COG. he's clearly 5th choice striker at the moment (behind hughes, byfeild, davies and lewi and rightly so imo) we can only play 2 of them the way we play at the moment so we clearly have enough depth if one of them gets injured. if the wost happens and hughes is off i'll assume we will bring someone in. and anyway and its only a month 4 christ sake if we need him he will be back with us. we would have to be really unlucky to loose 2 or 3 strikers in a month.

we was all goin mad last season when we was short upfront saying we would be f***** if we had an injury. well now its covered and covered with quality so no harm in him goin and playing a few games for someone else.

as to why shez signed him i dont no, but my guess is that he hasnt impressed shez enough in training and the few games he played for us and bury and he feels we are better of with the others.

Great signing Shez. Well worth watching him a while eh?

Oh hang on, we've players coming back like Thompson and Kalala so I guess we need to free up the wage bill for these...

Pi$$ poor when we've a half hearted Billy Big Time Byfield commanding a wage. The sooner he's sent packing to his 14th club the better.

E4e

JSOUT

You think Kalala and Thomson are part of the equation in O'Grady going on loan? Well, each to his own, but that's a funny combination of strikers to use.

All this really amounts to is a dig at Byfield. You don't rate him above O'Grady. Others do. And Byfield is on loan anyway, so maybe that's not the full story that's going to unfold, rumours he's off to MKDons anyway.

Shez leaves players out of the squad, he's a fool, Shez loans players out, he's a fool, Shez get's players in, he's a fool, Shez doesn't get players in, he's a fool.

Shez plays taylor on the wrong wing for 2 years, he's a fool, Taylor's game improves immensley, nowt to do wth shez, he's a fool. Shez plays Eadley, he's a fool, other teams watch eardley, they are fools.

WTF SHEZ!!!!! We have the uncertainty surrounding Hughes, we're not really sure wether Davies will step up to the plate or perhaps go back to Stockport permanently, Byfield is only officially here until the Hartlepool game........Is he planning on signing someone?

Has he a Plan B???

So, who said this:

"

"QUOTE (Roger Ritchie @ Dec 30 2008, 12:15 PM)

O'Grady hasn't had a shot on target yet."

He has, last minute at Col U, straight at the keeper great turn weak shot, should have won it for us! "

RR suggests CO'G hasn't had a single shot on target and someone comes up with 1 single shot, weak, straight at the keeper, in his "defence". Hardly a mass of evidence is it?

I wonder if that person was trying to defend CO'G or highlight his limited impact and effect? I wonder if that same person would then criticise shez for sending CO'G out on loan?

Edited by real

People are mixing up whether COG was a good signing in the first place with whether he should be kept here now. I suggest that he isn't quite as good as Shez/whoever scouted him thought he was, that looks like a mistake, but if it's been recognized and we are trying to do something about it it's a positive. It's utter rubbish talking about giving him a run of games when he isn't one of our best strikers. Why the hell would you do that?

You think Kalala and Thomson are part of the equation in O'Grady going on loan?

Nige, folk are saying we need to offload people cos we've players coming back from loan. Well the three players due back from loan are CD, Kalala and Thompson:

a) who were they signed by?

B) how many games have the latter two had between them?

Oh and nice one Frankly. 2009 was always gonna be the year though when I stop being a d1ck.

E4e

RVLTN

Question is. Why has he gone to Bradford who are riding high, 3rd in the league and dont have that bad a forward line. How many games does Shez, or O'Grady expect to get there. He only started 3 games for Bury, came on as sub 3 times and all he did in that time was hit the bar against Gillingham from 30 yards. Apart from that and his hold up play - the majority of Bury fans thought he was garbage and they didnt win a single game that he started in.

Now he's competing against Boulding who has 10 goals. Conlon who has 8 and Thorne who's got 11.

He's going to be lucky if he gets a place on the bench, nevermind a start. Makes you wonder why Shez didnt try to get him out to someone like Accrington, Grimsby, Chester or even back to Rotherham were he'd more than likely be starting every game.

Nige, folk are saying we need to offload people cos we've players coming back from loan. Well the three players due back from loan are CD, Kalala and Thompson:

Oh and nice one Frankly. 2009 was always gonna be the year though when I stop being a d1ck.

E4e

RVLTN

jesus!! not every signing works out you know! benitez and wenger have had just as many flops as shez has had if not more. he also signed some that have worked out that many doubted like crossley and allott. god id hate to of seen you during the talbot and moore days!! :hanged:

E4e

RVLTN

Like others have said, they don't all come off, and the key if they don't is to do something other than leave 'em sitting around being paid for nowt. Thomson spent most of last season injured and then got shunted out due to Rueben's signing/success. Do you think Kalala and Thomson will still be around come Feb?

It's pretty clear that you don't rate Shez, but his record is the third best as a latics manager over the last 40 years. He's been lucky with youth players coming through, but he brought Lomax back, which has proved a success, picked up davies for a fairly cheap fee and has done well with others, and compared to someone like RM or talbot he's far less experienced - both had over 400 games under their belts before they came here.

Off out for a pint with Wildy now, prob see you tomorrow!

Hughes or Byfield at the club after 10th Jan.

Davies

Alessandra

Plan B

Wolf

This club never ceases to amaze me.

totally amateur , what about when they ran out of tea at the orient game by halftime. after inviting the crowd to fill the ground at cut price admission.

One of the blokes that works for me is a MASSIVE Bradford fan - home and away etc etc.

General concencus is that Bradford need/want another strker at the club to bolster the squad for the promotion run-in and to give options. Think that they are looking for a permanent deal rather than a loan, so asked whether we would be looking to off-load as he thought Bradford would only take a player on loan with a view to a full deal if it worked out.

Was quite excited at the proppect of CO'G - young, has shown he can score at Rotherham etc. Asked me what I thought of him. Response was - well apparently we tracked him for a while, signed him and then pretty much left him on the bench since. Having little opportunity since the first game of the season other than short subs.

He got 15 minutes on Saturday off the bench and didn't impress. Offerred nothing in terms of hold up play better than they already have and showed little desire to move for the ball - standing still if it didn't come near him. Crowd not overly impressed.

Not a great start then. Will provide regular updates on him based on this blokes reviews.