Davies the Key?

Does anyone think Davies might come back and be the 'something extra' that we need?

personally i think we need 2 start allesandra with hughsey but he may be the man 2 change the game 2mz

hope so and hope everyone is in good voice 2mz

ps.. who do you all think we should bring in if taylor goes??

Does anyone think Davies might come back and be the 'something extra' that we need?

No. But if he gets the chance I pray he proves me wrong.

personally i think we need 2 start allesandra with hughsey but he may be the man 2 change the game 2mz

Beyond me why Shez scrapped the Hughes/Alessandra strike duo

ps.. who do you all think we should bring in if taylor goes??

That bloke Utd have on the wing looks like he needs a new challenge

ino

i just cant understand y lewis is out of favour. ino shez sed he needed to giv us more goals but we were winning and he is miles more techniqally gifted than anybody in the squad. he gives us the link that we have been missing. also he isnt an impact player so no point putting him on for ten mins at the end of a game?

ino

i just cant understand y lewis is out of favour. ino shez sed he needed to giv us more goals but we were winning and he is miles more techniqally gifted than anybody in the squad. he gives us the link that we have been missing. also he isnt an impact player so no point putting him on for ten mins at the end of a game?

You've made some intelligent posts today.

You'd do yourself a big favour if you dropped the text speak and used full words too. Pretty please.

I don't see Alessandra as an impact player either, although if he comes off the bench and delivers crosses like the one he planted on Hughsey's head at Crewe a few more times between now and the end of the season I'll take it.

Davies will start on the bench tomorrow, and Hughes and Byfield will start up top. I think Davies can offer something else he is quick but maybe lacks the finishing touch of a Hughes or Allesandra. The lad was our top goal scorer last year so with the confidence he has gained from his loan deal I am hoping he comes back and provides us with some goals.

I am also baffled by the dropping of Allesandra, although he has not contributed with a huge array of goals he does offer the link between the midfield and forwards and is as already stated a very technically gifted player. Although the return of Davies only shows that he may become the fourth choice which is very disappointing. I think this lad has a very bright future ahead of him and maybe Shez is trying to nurture him without burning him out.

I certainly think its completely within the realms of possibility Davies comes on from the bench and scores a wondergoal to win it, no one doubts his ability to do that. But I'm starting to wonder whether we have the quality throughout the team to survive in the Championship should we get promotion. Personally, I feel we only have 3, or maybe 4 players who can comfortably cut it at the higher level, and its probably put it more into focus seeing teams like Doncaster and Forest (who we matched on our day last season but ultimately were more consistent than we were) struggle through so far this season. It's a genuine concern, especially given our budget will be by far the lowest in the division (perhaps on a par with Blackpool maybe?)

I don't think Davies has the quality needed within his game for the step up. At this level, he just doesn't do the basics well enough, his awareness just isn't there. When you have fundimental (Ooh, geddit?!) flaws in your game, you have to work hard to cut out those flaws and 'working hard' just isn't in Craigs remit.

I think the loan at County will prove to be a positive thing, and maybe we'll see him return with added hunger, vim and sharpness. I think a dose of humility is what he sorely needs; to channel his frustration when things aren't going his way rather than just get sulky and stroppy and after a while stop him chasing hard and working as a team player. He's missing this part more than Crossley misses pies.

I certainly think its completely within the realms of possibility Davies comes on from the bench and scores a wondergoal to win it, no one doubts his ability to do that. But I'm starting to wonder whether we have the quality throughout the team to survive in the Championship should we get promotion. Personally, I feel we only have 3, or maybe 4 players who can comfortably cut it at the higher level, and its probably put it more into focus seeing teams like Doncaster and Forest (who we matched on our day last season but ultimately were more consistent than we were) struggle through so far this season. It's a genuine concern, especially given our budget will be by far the lowest in the division (perhaps on a par with Blackpool maybe?)

I don't think Davies has the quality needed within his game for the step up. At this level, he just doesn't do the basics well enough, his awareness just isn't there. When you have fundimental (Ooh, geddit?!) flaws in your game, you have to work hard to cut out those flaws and 'working hard' just isn't in Craigs remit.

I think the loan at County will prove to be a positive thing, and maybe we'll see him return with added hunger, vim and sharpness. I think a dose of humility is what he sorely needs; to channel his frustration when things aren't going his way rather than just get sulky and stroppy and after a while stop him chasing hard and working as a team player. He's missing this part more than Crossley misses pies.

i agree with you there Franks about the 3 or 4 who could make the step up (though i'll prob think about that a bit closer to May)

As for Davies - all he needs is a big cuddle of 3'000 fans (ok maybe a few less who still haven't forgiven him) tomorrow and he'll be reet! :wink:

Would we survive in the Championship?

No chance. We would certainly need to strengthen.

Let's get there first.

i hope davies proves a lot of people wrong,i just hope he has listened to a different managers advice,found its the same as his own and thought,he must have been right all the time,gets his game sorted and produces like we know he can....

the only thing lewis aint done is score regular,even 1 every 4 games would be good...but how about playing him on the right wing,he can cut in,cross etc,maybe a better option than lee,who although im sure is a decent player,has looked :censored: scared every time i seen him play....

as for surviving in the championship....when we get there major investment needed,otherwise straight down again,i think there are prolly 5 players capable of playing in it,but the rest not a chance.