hughes -- bothered?

Roger palmer!!!!!!!?????

Joking apart,we would never get a FOOTBALLER of his quality for anything like that sort of money.

I stressed FOOTBALLER as there is a lot more too his game tahn being just a striker, I hold him in the same esteem as Ritchie,Eyres and Sheridan.

The one thing that could and probably will see him go is this could be his last chance of a big Earner.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO he owes us to stay until the end of the season, he's seen out his contract then and is free to do what he wants. Yes we'll have a better chance of promotion with him in the team but without him we we'll be far from dead and buried.

TTA and many on here though would take £400k now rather than nowt in the Summer. Unless he is willing to sign a contract, I say we try and get cash in.

Spot on ... every1 needs to look at the rest of our team and not just one player

aswell ,, ino he wont but we need to start playing lewis again .. no link without him

Byfield, much better partner for Hughes than Lewis at present.

No link ??????????? 19 corners against Carlisle, two goals at Posh, two goals at Southend, three at Crewe, unbeaten since he's been here .........need I go on.

Guest sheridans_world
Byfield, much better partner for Hughes than Lewis at present.

No link ??????????? 19 corners against Carlisle, two goals at Posh, two goals at Southend, three at Crewe, unbeaten since he's been here .........need I go on.

Its useless having corners if we dont use them though...

at the end of the day,TTA have been in this situation before.they don't want to lose out on a pay out-only natural isn't it?

the mix up between keeping him on and selling him when we can demand a fee is something they have to juggle.

times are getting harder than before,every club will be tightening their belts on the next notch,its gonna be a rough ride ahead if no ones careful.

Its useless having corners if we dont use them though...

that is true...but it doesnt alter the fact there is a link there does it...

that game against carlisle was scandalous,if it was a boxing match the ref would have stopped it at arf time....i told my lad,if we had played until 9pm with 5 strikers we still wouldnt of scored that day......sometimes it just aint meant to happen...but the approach play was very good that day...

who knows today could be settled by a screamer or a scruffy in off ya backside type of goal

at the end of the day,TTA have been in this situation before.they don't want to lose out on a pay out-only natural isn't it?

the mix up between keeping him on and selling him when we can demand a fee is something they have to juggle.

times are getting harder than before,every club will be tightening their belts on the next notch,its gonna be a rough ride ahead if no ones careful.

yes its true,but like has been said,he can sign a new contract and if we dont go up can go at end of the season,that way whilst in a contract we could still demand a fee....so they wouldnt lose out.....the only way they will lose out is if he decides to leave this month.

yes its true,but like has been said,he can sign a new contract and if we dont go up can go at end of the season,that way whilst in a contract we could still demand a fee....so they wouldnt lose out.....the only way they will lose out is if he decides to leave this month.

which has been said by me and others many times and,hopefully is the route TTA are taking.

but footballers can be awkward creatures sometimes.

which has been said by me and others many times and,hopefully is the route TTA are taking.

but footballers can be awkward creatures sometimes.

its fine if he wont sign n wants to walk away,hold his registration,think im right in the fact he cant play without it.....that way we may not get money for him,but he wont be helping anybody else..bit draconian but hey,if the cap fits....not sure if his parole stipulates he has to stay with us for minimum 2 years,which would mean not leaving whilst the summer.

great point made before .. we gave this lad a chance and what he given us back??

Lots of goals and entertainment.

3 months of fitness last year with not an increadible amount of goals

More than a goal every three starts, which is about "average" for your typical striker. We took a risk on his fitness, given that he hadn't trained for 3 years

upto now half a season this year witha couple of small injuries and SOME goals..we are talking about him as a top class goalscorer...incomparison to who?

5th top scorer in the division. Assuming there are 48 strikers there that's not bad. I think he's missed two games through injury. He's scoring a goal every other game and looks to create for other players too. Strikers like that are gold dust.

players in our league who have bagged more this year --> fryatt beckford lambert hooper mackail-smith cox and porter

He's outscore Beckforf and Hooper and matched Cox in League One. Porter plays in some foreign land.

and IF he does sign .. i bet he will be earning more than the lot of em ??

I wouldn't count on it. But he will be on better money than he's on now.

i just cant see why every1 is so concerned .. £400k .. we cud bring some1 better in for that money

Oh no we couldn't. Liam Dickinson as a top League 2 striker cost Derby £1m. So £400k would get us a non-league striker. There was a time a few years back when Hughes was leading scorer in the country.

Get real. Hughes is as good as it gets at this level.

If he goes he'll be missed. But Boundary Park won't dissolve in to dust without him either.

Edited by opinions4u

today proved a point..

he is not all he is cracked up to be. 0 CREATIVE movement .. 2 massive chances 20 yards wide .. never created anything .. didnt hold the ball up

byfield and davies were miles better

instead of giving him loads of money .. we should increase Hazell Gregan and Allots wages

and i meant Joel porter and he has got less than beckford and hooper

also non league strikers? mackail smith and mclean?? Dj campbell?? stuart fleetwood?? ian wright??

how much did lambert cost rovers and mackail smith posh???

Get Real??? OK then

today proved a point..

he is not all he is cracked up to be. 0 CREATIVE movement .. 2 massive chances 20 yards wide .. never created anything .. didnt hold the ball up

instead of giving him loads of money .. we should increase Hazell Gregan and Allots wages

also non league strikers? mackail smith and mclean?? Dj campbell?? stuart fleetwood?? ian wright??

Get Real??? OK then

take it easy on the hallucigens.

Wonder what people will think of Lee if nobody comes in for him because the £400k asking price is too high, but they offer he a great deal to sign in the summer (as he is free to negotiate now - correct?). So he doesn't move on, but doesn't sign the deal therefore not giving Latics any cash.

Will he be the saviour then or a Judas?

Wonder what people will think of Lee if nobody comes in for him because the £400k asking price is too high, but they offer he a great deal to sign in the summer (as he is free to negotiate now - correct?). So he doesn't move on, but doesn't sign the deal therefore not giving Latics any cash.

Will he be the saviour then or a Judas?

I was thinking the same, worst case scenario is he stays after January and then sods off for nowt at the end of the season. There has to be a deadline for him to sign this contract that is on the table or else we could end up being desperate to sell him on the cheap just to regain some cash come the end of January because of the fear of being :censored: on again. (Porter and agent).

today proved a point..

Get Real??? OK then

:lol:

Fantastic stuff! I walked out of that game yesterday thinking why the :censored: ing hell would Lee Hughes ever want to play for this club with the bilge that our midfield served up for him today... if you count a 25 yard shot, and a snap half volley from a ball that was behind him (however, he did spank in a harder one at Millwall) as 'massive chances' ... well, bloody hell, we actually create 20 or so masive chances a game... frig me, a corner must me a sitter..

The point is, if I was Byfield, Davies or Hughesy, I'm be looking for the escape route sharpish. The football we have been playing recently has been pitiful, and the only reason we have even won in the last 5 was byfield and hughesy creating things out of nowt at Crewe. Yet again our midfield was right royally crapped on froma great height by yet another very average league 1 midfield.

The reason ic ouldnt give a toss if hughes leaves is that it is utterly irrelevant... we might as well play wolfy, no sodding striker can score if they have no sodding service, our midfield (except Allott whom i thought was fantastic yesterday) needs seriously sorting out... awaful, truly awful...