trains

does anyone know a website or way of getting cheap train tickets?

been on a few websites and its very expensive i think!

anyway its for the leicester game, going down with a load of mates for the weekend. going on friday 6th feb around dinner time hopefully and returning sun 8th feb again about dinner time. cheapest ive found so far is 40 quid each return, seems a bit dear to me, im not a train user often is it just me being tight or is it a bit steep?

anyway its for the leicester game, going down with a load of mates for the weekend. going on friday 6th feb around dinner time hopefully and returning sun 8th feb again about dinner time. cheapest ive found so far is 40 quid each return, seems a bit dear to me, im not a train user often is it just me being tight or is it a bit steep?

Despite the railway companies advertising cheap tickets if bought in advance, they hardly exist these days.. In practice it's not possible to find these tickets unless you book about 6 weeks in advance. the companies have not only just put fares up, but make sure that nearly everyone has to buy overpriced travel. I checked a site I use (nationalexpresseastcoast.com) and it's no cheaper £40.90 return from Oldham Mumps.

The cheapest way that I have seem is to buy two singles. www.thetrainline.co.uk has tickets outward on Friday at 11.20 for £8.00 from Manchester, and returning on Sunday @ 11.50 at £14.00.

Hope it helps.

Derek.

The cheapest way that I have seem is to buy two singles. www.thetrainline.co.uk has tickets outward on Friday at 11.20 for £8.00 from Manchester, and returning on Sunday @ 11.50 at £14.00.

Hope it helps.

Derek.

be carefull if returning on the sunday as it may consist of a lengthy diversion /bustitution all direct services manchester east mids via sheffield are replaced by buses on sundays untill may

means i can have arelaxing day at work haha no trains

have alok at going back via stoke/crewe on the sunday may be a better cheaper option cheap ticket liecester derby then rebook derby manc give it a try you never know

If one of you can drive then hire a car or van for the weekend ???