Just back

Game started with Huddersfield on top, knocking the ball round nicely and having some joy down the flanks.

Then we get a goal out of nothing - corner, half-cleared and drops to Allott, who with a fantastic strike (on the half-volley I think) smashes it into the top-left corner.

However for the rest of the half, it was the pattern of the first 5 minutes that continued with Latics barely able to string two passes together and instead lumped to many balls up front.

Lomax had a tough time at full-back and Huddersfield will have felt very hard-done by to be a goal down at HT.

Second half - started the same as the first, but after 10-15 minutes we started to pass the ball a bit more and looked a better team and it was more an even game.

However Hudds still looked strong but we were defended well for the most part, a couple of goal line clearances etc.

The equaliser came from a lump up field to clear their lines following another attack and Eardley managed to find himself on the wrong side of the attacker. However Eards and Rubens should still have had time to sort, but the player did well and resulted in the goal. No more than Hudds deserved.

We had a few half chances afterwards to win, but in the end a draw was the best we deserved for a below par performance and Huddersfield will feel they should have got all three points.

A shame to lose the lead, but to be honest it is a point gained.

Little to disagree with there, Scapegoat.

Their equaliser was always going to come...it just depended on when it would come and how much time they'd have to look for a winner (that said, Hughes could/should have won it for us).

Flem, Eards, Rubes, Greegs and Allott...well done. The rest weren't at the races. Hate to pick players out so won't dwell on it, but Lomax's first half performance was terrible. Kudos for the lad though for sticking with it and playing better in the second period.

One special note, well done to the idiots who sang 'Who are ya' during the minute's applause. If they want to sing their club's name during the applause after the death of one of their legends then let them. Well 'ard, boys.

Onwards and upwards, frustrating to throw away two points, but on the balance of the game, it's a point gained.

Little to disagree with there, Scapegoat.

Their equaliser was always going to come...it just depended on when it would come and how much time they'd have to look for a winner (that said, Hughes could/should have won it for us).

Flem, Eards, Rubes, Greegs and Allott...well done. The rest weren't at the races. Hate to pick players out so won't dwell on it, but Lomax's first half performance was terrible. Kudos for the lad though for sticking with it and playing better in the second period.

One special note, well done to the idiots who sang 'Who are ya' during the minute's applause. If they want to sing their club's name during the applause after the death of one of their legends then let them. Well 'ard, boys.

Onwards and upwards, frustrating to throw away two points, but on the balance of the game, it's a point gained.

we didnt throw two points away....we were outplayed and out fought for most of the game.... we were hanging on at the end....yes in the second half we had maybe 3 chances to put it to bed...but we didnt..

did lomax really do better in the second half?? not from were i was sat he didnt.or maybe once they new eardly drifts inside they just kept hitting it over his head knowing he couldnt get to it in time.

far too many hoof balls today and will someone explain wtf whittacker brings to the team.

an awful lot of ball watching today and not getting stuck in from lomax,you hit the winger first time he thinks christ....i aint gonna get past him today,but no we back off and watch them play around us.....

was an enjoyable day out with my lad,very pleased to see the away section almost full,and some good singing and clapping,just wish the team had mirrored the effort put in by the fans.

today i thought that our passing was rubbish eardley kept on kicking it anywhere today a few players had a poor game eardley hughes taylor lomax but it was good to see davies running again in oldham shirt who i thought played well when he came on but on the 184 coming home i was told that they was some fighting outside the ground anyone got any news great attendance today

We didn't win any second balls either. Outfought is definitely the right word Andy.

Everytime Gregan and Hazel who were again excellent today made a clearence the ball kept coming back at us I would have hoped that with Allot and Maher infront of them it would have meant we would win alot more second balls but we were comfortably second best in that department today.

Credit to the fans for the atmosphere second half we really got behind the boys just a shame we weren't rewarded for our effort really a good turnout I would hazard a guess of 3200

On a lighter note

Man city :lol::bblue2::grin::laught16::laught16::laught16:

Saw lots of forrest fans at Piccadilly didn't seem overly concerned but when you routinely have beat a smaller club in the 3rd round of the FA Cup it ain't much to get excited about really.

Doesn't sound good at all, was listening to the Huddersfield commentary for most of the game and they were very complimentary of us, well of our defence anyways. Cadamarteri sounded like he tore Lomax to pieces. Do need a left-back to come in and fast, Lomax needs to be dropped.

Wasn't surprised to see Lee not in the team today, whatever he did at Crewe it didn't seem to be there at Carlisle, was very surprised to see Whittaker there instead, surely Liddell or Smalley?

Think Byfield needs dropping as well, he does some good stuff but he doesn't score goals, too much hoof and panic going around at the moment.

today i thought that our passing was rubbish eardley kept on kicking it anywhere today a few players had a poor game eardley hughes taylor lomax but it was good to see davies running again in oldham shirt who i thought played well when he came on but on the 184 coming home i was told that they was some fighting outside the ground anyone got any news great attendance today

wasnt any trouble outside the ground when i was leaving....the coppers made us go the long way but just doubled back and walked right past all the home fans and there main stand,no trouble anywhere,a few scowls and that but no fisty cuffs...

would just like to say also what a shyte stadium it is,in a shyte position with one road in via town centre..great planning involved in that,just hope when ours is developed it looks a damn site more decent than that did.

far too many hoof balls today and will someone explain wtf whittacker brings to the team.

For a couple of periods during the game I tried to count the number of controlled passes of the football with the ball being played from feet to feet. I barely got past 2 or 3 for the most part.

Frustratingly, the odd occassions when we did do it, we actually looked good and dangerous. But we did it an handful of times only and instead we hoofed it far too much.

As for Whittiker - at the start of the season he brought about a creative influence in the middle of the field, had time on the ball and brought other players into the game. There were a few discussions on here about who was better Whitts or Wellens. At that time I think Danny brought a lot to the team.

However the deterioration of Whiits and to lesser extent Allott has meant our midfield has lost its creativity and we have lost our way somewhat. Odd decision to play him today on the wing - central midfielders never work that well outside. Would have thought that Lidds / Smalley would be a better choice if we needed width.

I think Shez tried to change the midfield today to improve it - good that he has identified where we need to improve. But I would have have Talyor on one wing, Lidds/Smalley/Davies on the other. Central midfield is more tricky.

Maher / Allot are midefield terriers. I think one should place in a 4, and perhaps both in a 5. Creativity? Was Whits, but as he is off form I'd go for giving Lee a go. Looks good, but clearly prefers central that out wide.

Perhaps a 5 man midfield of Taylor, Allott, Lee, Maher and Davies. Gives Lee more protection and Davies can move upfront at a moments instruction to bolster the attack.

we didnt throw two points away....we were outplayed and out fought for most of the game.... we were hanging on at the end....yes in the second half we had maybe 3 chances to put it to bed...but we didnt..

did lomax really do better in the second half?? not from were i was sat he didnt.or maybe once they new eardly drifts inside they just kept hitting it over his head knowing he couldnt get to it in time.

an awful lot of ball watching today and not getting stuck in from lomax,you hit the winger first time he thinks christ....i aint gonna get past him today,but no we back off and watch them play around us.....

was an enjoyable day out with my lad,very pleased to see the away section almost full,and some good singing and clapping,just wish the team had mirrored the effort put in by the fans.

agree :comeon:

For a couple of periods during the game I tried to count the number of controlled passes of the football with the ball being played from feet to feet. I barely got past 2 or 3 for the most part.

Frustratingly, the odd occassions when we did do it, we actually looked good and dangerous. But we did it an handful of times only and instead we hoofed it far too much.

As for Whittiker - at the start of the season he brought about a creative influence in the middle of the field, had time on the ball and brought other players into the game. There were a few discussions on here about who was better Whitts or Wellens. At that time I think Danny brought a lot to the team.

However the deterioration of Whiits and to lesser extent Allott has meant our midfield has lost its creativity and we have lost our way somewhat. Odd decision to play him today on the wing - central midfielders never work that well outside. Would have thought that Lidds / Smalley would be a better choice if we needed width.

I think Shez tried to change the midfield today to improve it - good that he has identified where we need to improve. But I would have have Talyor on one wing, Lidds/Smalley/Davies on the other. Central midfield is more tricky.

Maher / Allot are midefield terriers. I think one should place in a 4, and perhaps both in a 5. Creativity? Was Whits, but as he is off form I'd go for giving Lee a go. Looks good, but clearly prefers central that out wide.

Perhaps a 5 man midfield of Taylor, Allott, Lee, Maher and Davies. Gives Lee more protection and Davies can move upfront at a moments instruction to bolster the attack.

midfield worked against crewe,and also against carlisle...we played the ball on the floor and got it in and around there box a lot,but today was defoo a pale immitation of those last 2 games...

huddersfiled showed us how to pass it about a lot,and quickly as well,think if hazell and greegan had been off there games as well it could have been a lot worse for us...

i never understand why when you identify a problem(whitts) and fix it and it works...why go back to it again???we needed pace down both flanks today to give the strikers a decent shout of scoring,instead we just lumped it up and wondered why it didnt stick.the odd time it was played upfront on the floor they both controlled and turned there markers but no outlet...very frustrating game....least the burgers were good.

wasnt any trouble outside the ground when i was leaving....the coppers made us go the long way but just doubled back and walked right past all the home fans and there main stand,no trouble anywhere,a few scowls and that but no fisty cuffs...

would just like to say also what a shyte stadium it is,in a shyte position with one road in via town centre..great planning involved in that,just hope when ours is developed it looks a damn site more decent than that did.

Saw no trouble either. Lots and lots of Coppers.

As for the stadium - have to disagree.

Really like it - 4 fantastic stands, distinctive design with the white tubular bars supporting the rooflines and it has proper floodlights. The last point is one that I dislike about most new stadiums - floodlights are good because:

1) They stick up into the sky and make it easy to find away games and look good when driving to any ground.

2) They are not attached to the roof line of a stand and therefore don't blind you when you look up at the ball when its played up field.

I would be very happy for Oldham to have a stadium like this. Its 10 years old and still fresh in my opinion.

Location-wise - always tricky for new builds. But I park 10 minutes away and have no trouble.

I don't usually like new stadia, but the Galpharm is superb.

Main reason? No two stands are the same. That just adds a little character to what are clearly superior facilities.

I've been there many times with Latics, and mostly due to RL - it's one of my favourites. It was one of first new football team stadia in the country wasn't it? The Kirklees/McAlpine as it was then? 14 years old, sheesh - it's starting to get character!

EDIT:

Went to Leeds Road a few times n'all - now that had character - but all the appearance of a farm yard.

From a town supporters perspective I have got to say you were one of the strongest Teams at the Galph this season ,like the kind words you have put on about our team and stadium

We have improved dramatically since Ternent left and no need a striker ,it keeps geting suggested on our site that we are after Davies who came on as a sub today for you ,do you think this is a goer ??

As a footnote does Barry Owen still have anything to do with your club ,Him and his wife were keen caravanners years ago and were both involved with Oldham from a Fans point of view

See you in the play offs

Steve T

From a town supporters perspective I have got to say you were one of the strongest Teams at the Galph this season ,like the kind words you have put on about our team and stadium

We have improved dramatically since Ternent left and no need a striker ,it keeps geting suggested on our site that we are after Davies who came on as a sub today for you ,do you think this is a goer ??

As a footnote does Barry Owen still have anything to do with your club ,Him and his wife were keen caravanners years ago and were both involved with Oldham from a Fans point of view

See you in the play offs

Steve T

If you still had Dickinson, that might have been embarassing for us yesterday. Thought you bullied us at Boundary Park and concentrated on being a big strong side. Yesterday, you played some great stuff - if overdoing it a bit at times. Get a striker in and you'll be in the Play Offs no danger.