The Great Escape

Loved it, did some clapping and singing at first then looked round a saw a few dancing along like loons to it so i thought id join in :grin: we should definitely sing it more often as i bet it annoys the hell out of away fans :lol:

Was there huddersfield fans singing at the game? i thought i was right in thinking there hadnt been any until two huddersfield fans walked past and claimed they had done ;) btw i hope you see this as some light ribbing i thought your singing was very good today (from all ten of you, well done :grin:) again llight ribbing :wink:

Edited by Oafc88

It was bloody annoying - never heard a peep from you after the equaliser tho

Huddersfield singing "you're not singing anymore" WHILE we were actually singing has elevated them into contention with Leeds for thickest football supporters.

classic.

is it a Yorkshire thing?

Edited by dfOAFC

Huddersfield singing "you're not singing anymore" WHILE we were actually singing has elevated them into contention with Leeds for thickest football supporters.

classic.

is it a Yorkshire thing?

they already have in my eyes after the "your support is ****** ****" at the game at BP when they announced the attendance only for the majority of empty seats being in their end

The shoe waving's also been done by Forest and Leeds as well...next we'll be copying United and singing United songs...oh :censored:, we already do that.

I took it as a bit of a pisstake in the direction of Hudd's fans who did it two seasons ago in one of those protests they seem to love doing. Same was done last season.

I just don't get why it's sung ????????? But I'll be honest and admit now I don't like it... it's a little predictable.

I think it's because the drummer learnt a new intro over Christmas and wants to use it as much as possible. I don't particularly like it either...it was annoying me for the first few minutes, especially because noone was singing and the drummer was just banging along. Slowly though it spread through the end, and more began to join in...after a while I think it was being sung just to see how long it could go on for. I think it's had its time though and it was a one off...I'd rather we sang Sheridan's Blue & White Army for twenty mins (a la Bristol away last year), rather than TGE.

I think it's because the drummer learnt a new intro over Christmas and wants to use it as much as possible. I don't particularly like it either...it was annoying me for the first few minutes, especially because noone was singing and the drummer was just banging along. Slowly though it spread through the end, and more began to join in...after a while I think it was being sung just to see how long it could go on for. I think it's had its time though and it was a one off...I'd rather we sang Sheridan's Blue & White Army for twenty mins (a la Bristol away last year), rather than TGE.

Agree with that - it's not one of, "our," songs and I'm not usually a fan of it, but I was certainly joining in yesterday just because it's great to have so many people joining in and keeping it going, and it must have got right on the tits of them Yorkies. Blue and White Army or OWTBs should be the ones we keep going for ages usually though.

like I've stated the problem with owtb is that we sing it too fast sometimes

I always thought the shoe waving meant you would have the opposition fans running after the game. Anybody see my mates shoe get thrown onto the tarpaulin at the right hand side.

Agreed, differing speeds mean it all just disintegrates.

agree,if we could sing it a little slower for that amount of time like tge yesterday it would be really impressive,spurs sing their version at a slower tempo and it sounds miles better,imo.ktf.