The Great Escape

We created a good atmosphere and kept it going on Saturday. It's the first time we've done that for a fair while. Can we just be happy with that rather than complain about which songs were used to create it?

We all have our favourites and they should all get an airing but the Great Escape ounded superb on Saturday. More of the same at Hereford would be brilliant.

Guest sheridans_world

To be honest me and BigFin were saying that Sheridans Blue and White army was too slow. LOL

As for great escape, found it very very funny but we can only sing it when we have a crowd like that, just to piss the opposition team off!

I couldn't see the relevance, but joined in because it got everybody going. To accommodate the lyric purists, let's use it towards the goal of the great escape from League One.

If Hereford take the lead, their fans will be joining in. :grin:

To quote The Four Tops:

It's the same old song

But with a different meaning

:bobby::bobby::bobby::bobby::bobby::bobby::bobby::bobby::bobby::bobby::bobby:

Why have 100's of coppers on duty but only have 1 of them directing the traffic?

The Great Escape? It would have been quicker to dig a tunnel in the time it took to gettaway from the Galpharm. Is this the worst ground in the country to get to & from?

Sat near the exit and stayed 'til the final whistle, but I was clear of the Gas Club car park and driving on the main road in time for Sports Report!

Sat near the exit and stayed 'til the final whistle, but I was clear of the Gas Club car park and driving on the main road in time for Sports Report!

Was good to meet you and Mrs Sideburns on Saturday Terry. And then when we found out we were sat right in fornt of you I hope I didn't annoy the missus too much with my standing and joining in of The Great Escape, which for me was the best continous singing by us for years. F***in loved it and anyone who complains well what do you want? As some previous posters have said, at one point the whole stand was joining in and the Udders hated it. Also, I thought it was appropriate as we were being outplayed by Udders and we were hanging on... A throwback to England v. the Argies after Beckham was sent off - even Mick Jagger was joining in then...

As for getting out of the ground, we parked in the retail park and we were back in Oldham for 5.45pm - A62 was quiet - we didn't repeat the mistake of taking the motorway as we did getting there.

Der-der, der der der der. Der der der... :grin:

Was good to meet you and Mrs Sideburns on Saturday Terry. And then when we found out we were sat right in fornt of you I hope I didn't annoy the missus too much with my standing and joining in of The Great Escape, which for me was the best continous singing by us for years.

Der-der, der der der der. Der der der... :grin:

No problem, just glad you caught Latics supporters at their vocal best, which is a very rare occurrence these days.

Good to meet you - who was your mate who knew me, but I couldn't put a name to his face.......................apart from possibly Al Murray :grin: ?

I was delighted that despite arriving at quarter to 3, I was able to nab a cracking spot at the Gas car park, as everyone else had parked in the big bit at the bottom of the hill, rather under the sheltered roof at the bottom. So despite staying to clap the players off and wandering fairly leisurely back to my car, I too was on the road by Sports Report. Fools!

Edited by jsslatic

:bobby::bobby::bobby::bobby::bobby::bobby::bobby::bobby::bobby::bobby::bobby:

Why have 100's of coppers on duty but only have 1 of them directing the traffic?

The Great Escape? It would have been quicker to dig a tunnel in the time it took to gettaway from the Galpharm. Is this the worst ground in the country to get to & from?

Afew beeps and alittle reckless driving and we were in the car and away with a couple of minutes.

No problem, just glad you caught Latics supporters at their vocal best, which is a very rare occurrence these days.

Good to meet you - who was your mate who knew me, but I couldn't put a name to his face.......................apart from possibly Al Murray :grin: ?

That was the (in)famous andyb100 off here who had a big hand in 'freeing' the Colchester One (Lee?)...

I just looked up Al Murray... PMSL Thanks for that! I think Chickers will love that one... :grin:

It was bloody annoying - never heard a peep from you after the equaliser tho

didnt hear you all game.... you wernt singing anyway!!!!

like i said in the other post HUDDS fans are terd think they are bigger than what they are :grin:

100quid your having a laugh

didnt hear you all game.... you wernt singing anyway!!!!

like i said in the other post HUDDS fans are terd think they are bigger than what they are :grin:

your sooooo jealous - ground, town, history, support.

Your home support is a joke -5000 sat in silence most games at BP, admit it.

You would come in your pants if you got 17000 at home -even if the ground was big enough.

Big cup final game and 500 scruffy hooded inbred hooligan wannabe teenagers whose only game of the season is Hudds away turn up. Last game most of them went to was hudds at home last seasons FA cup. You wouldnt get 10000 if they gave your season tickets away.

You would come in your pants if you got 17000 at home -even if the ground was big enough.

Big cup final game and 500 scruffy hooded inbred hooligan wannabe teenagers whose only game of the season is Hudds away turn up. Last game most of them went to was hudds at home last seasons FA cup. You wouldnt get 10000 if they gave your season tickets away.

hooligans.. haha you get done everytime you come here!!!

yeah are support is a joke i admit that but at leats we dont do 100quid sesaon tickets to try and claim a fan base and not even everyone turns up then... also can i just point out that oldham = 5000 at home 3000 away!! hudds = 16000 at home 1596 away!!... (point taken) :grin:

stop going on about the FA cup we would take 4600 to your place if we played you in the FA cup and thats every fan weve got...

every year we take more than what you bring so untill that happens you cant say out

Edited by kellysheroes

oh yeah and your songs are sh***... blue blue we are WTF is all that about