Welcome back Craig Davies

I was hoping Latics fans would not abuse Davies when he came on as a sub, but I was staggered at the warmth of the reception he was given. The applause started before the sub had been announced and continued when he was on the pitch.

That's restored my faith in many Latics fans. Well done everyone! :applause1:

I was hoping Latics fans would not abuse Davies when he came on as a sub, but I was staggered at the warmth of the reception he was given. The applause started before the sub had been announced and continued when he was on the pitch.

That's restored my faith in many Latics fans. Well done everyone! :applause1:

Hmmm, after the MC singing 'who are ya' at the Town fans singing the name of their club during the minute's applause for the life of one of their legends. Embarrassing.

Anyway, it's good to see the prodigal son return. Welcome home, Craig.

Well, he's not my first choice but ...

1) I applauded him

2) I think his contribution was good, in fact marginally better than good.

3) I would have loved him to score the winner.

As Diego says, the welcome was warm - we got behind the players. There were others out there who didn't deliver today.

I wasn't, Davies has always got a decent reception at games, it's only on here where he gets unfair stick.

I don't assume that all fans like every single player that plays for Latics, I didn't like Davies' work ethic before he went to...well we've discussed this to death.....but as soon as each of those players dons the colours of Oldham Athletic and runs on to the pitch wearing our crest, then they'll get my 100% support. That's how I play it.

Thought Davies looked sharp and had potential to cause threat, great to see him back in an oldham shirt. Would've liked to have seen him come on at half time or at least had half an hour.

The service to our front men is not good at the moment, which is why i prefer to have Davies on the pitch as he creates his own chances a lot of the time because of his pace.

Hmmm, after the MC singing 'who are ya' at the Town fans singing the name of their club during the minute's applause for the life of one of their legends. Embarrassing.

Agreed. I didn't like that at all, thats the trouble with the minutes applause its seen as ok to make noise throughout it

I said during the week that Davies has far more pace than Byfield. I think that run to chase the ball in the corner proves that point. Rapid. He was frustrated after 5 minutes of being on because the service upto him was so slow in coming.

Yeah he started waving his arms about in frustration - not a good sign - need to be more patient Craig. This is Latics not Stockport! :wink:

Agreed. I didn't like that at all, thats the trouble with the minutes applause its seen as ok to make noise throughout it

I dont agree with people chanting during minutes aplause and i just clapped throughout.

Howevere, i thought the udders fans started chanting first so our fans started booing them for chanting then replied with who are ya.

may be wrong but thats what i thought happened.

You could see a few of the players turn rond and have have a look what was going on aswell.

I dont agree with people chanting during minutes aplause and i just clapped throughout.

Howevere, i thought the udders fans started chanting first so our fans started booing them for chanting then replied with who are ya.

may be wrong but thats what i thought happened.

You could see a few of the players turn rond and have have a look what was going on aswell.

That's what happened, but they are entitled to sing the name of their club when he was a club legend.

Not meaning to sound sensationalist etc, but say when the day comes that someone like Jimmy Frizzell passes on...if we have a minute's applause then I'd expect us to sing a couple of songs during it when he meant so much to the club and the fans. It would be bang out of order if the opposition fans start singing songs against us.

I dont like it...

People should be silent... If we have to clap then I think singing songs is going way to far...

Might as well not bother if we are just going to sing and shout....

Always something about a football ground being silent...thats not the norm....thats why it was a mark of respect...it was just being silent...it was the fans doing something not quite normal at the ground....

Its all gone now and I think its a shame...

Edited by oafc0000

I dont like it...

People should be silent... If we have to clap then I think singing songs is going way to far...

Always something about a football ground being silent...thats not the norm....thats why it was a mark of respect...it was just being silent...it was the fans doing something not quite normal at the ground....

agreed 1000%

much more of a mark of respect fro a noisy football stadium to fall quite as a mark of respect !

mind you there woudnt be a differance at the emarates lol

I dont like it...

can you please stop saying things that i agree with? thanks.

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron Shez says:

“I have told Craig to show me he wants to be in the team because there is an opportunity here for him.

“He came on as a substitute at Huddersfield, put himself about, looked sharp and did well. Hopefully his attitude will be good enough for him to get back into the side.”

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron Shez says:

“I have told Craig to show me he wants to be in the team because there is an opportunity here for him.

“He came on as a substitute at Huddersfield, put himself about, looked sharp and did well. Hopefully his attitude will be good enough for him to get back into the side.”

So tomorrow will see Craig on the bench again - probably coming on late in the game for Hughes. If Hughes does decide to move on then Davies will start - possibly against Stockport - nice :wink: