hughes 'lucrative contract'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A45481548

According to the above post! I can well believe it being 4k as I believe Liddell was definately on 3k a week on his previous 3yr deal. 4k a week standard salary plus appearance, goal and win bonus money would make up a tidy pay packet, based on yesterdays showing from him i doubt many if any clubs will be willing to gamble on a 32yr old on 4k a week..

If he stays great, if he goes it will be a loss no doubts about it but we will move on.. Its the service to him thats crap though thats the problem otherwise he would have a bag full... However, deep down if im honest he isnt brilliant, just great for our league and maybe if he stayed, a few additions and we go up he'd get 10-15 in the champ next year.

we shall see....

Edited by shefflatic

Rumours from the pubs today,

Hughes Staying at least till end of the season.

Davies to Leeds for 300k ( Which is, so i have been told a cert)

With o grady in bratfort and byfield being hit and miss and davies goin leeds, lets hope Hughesy does stay!

hahahaha i thought you were going to say £4k, lucrative? its a joke he should leave???

im hazarding a guess that when you played football as a kid you were a defender. or you never played. im not going to play guesswork over other clubs budgets, but ill go as far as to say that there are many, many, many clubs who will gamble around £450k for around forty gols over a two year period.

but as you say, we shall see..

Was listening to Radio Leeds on the way to the game today...took a phone call (in stationary traffic!) and when I came off the phone there was someone from Latics (not a fan, but didn't recognise the voice), talking about Hughes, saying we'd offered him a two year deal and then going quite quiet as if he'd let something slip which he shouldn't.

I'm sure someone else will be able to see who was speaking.

i would just like to clear up that i am not, and never have been, the agent for lee hughes and/or craig davies

:curtains:

likewise myself, just going off the linked post re hughes, comments of 'best ever offered' contract and information from someone with inside info regarding liddell. I dont profess the stated figures as nailed on 100% true! just what has been said/ive been told.

:D

Rumours from the pubs today,

Hughes Staying at least till end of the season.

Davies to Leeds for 300k ( Which is, so i have been told a cert)

With o grady in bratfort and byfield being hit and miss and davies goin leeds, lets hope Hughesy does stay!

Hughes does have the option of not signing the contract and not leaving. He can then make a decision based on offers available in May. I'd guess that the Latics one would still be on the table, but other clubs could move the £400k fee in to a contract offer, so he earns more. Strong case for him to do nothing yet.

£300k for Davies would be good business.

I'd like strength in depth up front. Not sure Shez needs it though because he prefers to dabble in the loan market rather than bring on his reserve strikers.

Edited by opinions4u

Was listening to Radio Leeds on the way to the game today...took a phone call (in stationary traffic!) and when I came off the phone there was someone from Latics (not a fan, but didn't recognise the voice), talking about Hughes, saying we'd offered him a two year deal and then going quite quiet as if he'd let something slip which he shouldn't.

I read last year (30th December :) ) about the Club's confirmation of the offer of a two year deal, but didn't post the link on here as I assumed it would be of Titanic proportions.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_4722051,00.html

It was also in the rarely wrong Chron on 29th December.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...ed-twoyear-deal

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Which might be triple his current deal (£1,600 a week) which is pretty close to £4k plus bonuses.

Exactly. And we've already offered more than that.

Hughes does have the option of not signing the contract and not leaving. He can then make a decision based on offers available in May. I'd guess that the Latics one would still be on the table, but other clubs could move the £400k fee in to a contract offer, so he earns more. Strong case for him to do nothing yet.

That would mean he would miss out on half a seasons worth of extra salary.

With you having a woman sauce Kyle, I didn't think you would take any notice of rumours in the pub.

Woman sauce lmao.

Anyway I am just passing on what I heard and I can see Hughes's best chance of getting a move would be if no transfer fee was involved obviously end of season makes sense, but it does counter act my “woman sauce” lol

As for Davies going to Leeds for 300k this one is common knowledge and is a cert.

That would mean he would miss out on half a seasons worth of extra salary.

It would, but 25 weeks at £5k a week (??) loses him £125k.

If he could get another club to pay him the £400k in to the next contract it's worth him waiting.

All ifs, buts and coulds.

I still think there's good money on the table for him at Latics, fans that he has more or less won over and the chance to go up a division.

A mate of mine was in the directors box on Saturday and he was told that Hughes is off to Donny for £6K a week; Latics offered him just over half that which he has rejected.

If they say that the Hughes deal is the best ever offered to a latics player then it must be more than £6k week because that is what they offered Kilkenny ???

If they say that the Hughes deal is the best ever offered to a latics player then it must be more than £6k week because that is what they offered Kilkenny ???

lets hope if leeds want davies we can do a deal and it involves kandol.....no harm in trying.

yes kilkenny was offered 5 1/2k i think...i would think the club have offered around the 6-7k a week mark,if he rejects it fair do's,no point bankrupting yaself for one player...

if there willing to pay them kind of wages out im sure there are other decent strikers available for less.

Woman sauce lmao.

Anyway I am just passing on what I heard and I can see Hughes's best chance of getting a move would be if no transfer fee was involved obviously end of season makes sense, but it does counter act my “woman sauce” lol

As for Davies going to Leeds for 300k this one is common knowledge and is a cert.

They've changed managers in the past few weeks though. So was this interest previous to Grayson getting the job? Can't see him chasing exactly the same targets as McAllister was.

Guest sheridans_world
in the papers this morning.....

doncaster want to sign oldham striker lee hughes only if oldham LOWER there 400k release clause... hahahaha :grin::lol::lol::lol:

yeah ok lets lower it, only cause its donny :wink:

Excellent!!! :grin:

Yes and SC has already indicated he may do that.

In his interview yesterday he has said that they may have to sell Hughes at a lower price than his contract agreement.

So don't rule it out !!!!!!!!

Exactly....we aren't too likely to get 400k after SC has said on the official website that we will consider bids of less than the 400k should Hughes want to leave. :unsure:

Hughes wants to leave and TTA want to sell for whatever we can get. It's the only explanation....bar SC being a dope.