I am really getting tired of hearing the same from exuses from Shez

Yes we are unbeaten but I have heard " we couldnt get going" far to often this season. Its simple Shez yesterday wasnt a one off we have had many por peferfomamces this season. ( especially at home).

Its not really an excuse though, he is admitting that the team couldn't get going which basically questions the motivation of the players or his ability to motivate as a manager. This begs the question, what is shez going to do about it?????

Shez is the only one who can answer this.

I think some peolpe need to understand some of the uncertainty that shezz may be operating under here. What happens if Hughes,Taylor,and eardley all go.

3key players he has to replace plus he needs a cover goalie hes admitted we need another defender. If Hughes goes and doesnt go to Donny they will recall Byfield in spite no doubt we could end up losing 4 players who played Saturday.

My hope is we none of them go and we get a couple in to freshen things up especially in midfield preferably a good right winger,either way it cant be easy managing when there is so much unrest and speculation about players .

I hope I a wrong but I think we have lost Hughes now surely he would have signed by now,maybe we will get good news this week as we will be a bit toothless without him.

Robert

Edited by penrhyn

I think some peolpe need to understand some of the uncertainty that shezz may be operating under here. What happens if Hughes,Taylor,and eardley all go.

3key players he has to replace plus he needs a cover goalie hes admitted we need another defender. If Hughes goes and doesnt go to Donny they will recall Byfield in spite no doubt we could end up losing 4 players who played Saturday.

My hope is we none of them go and we get a couple in to freshen things up especially in midfield preferably a good right winger,either way it cant be easy managing when there is so much unrest and speculation about players .

I hope I a wrong but I think we have lost Hughes now surely he would have signed by now,maybe we will get good news this week as we will be a bit toothless without him.

Robert

no it cant be easy....but thats what he gets paid a very good wage to do,manage and motivate a team of players...

its what he has been paid for for the last 2 seasons and despite our positions of finishing,the same questions are still being asked...

hes old school and when the going gets tough,instead of being imaginative and inspirational he refers to type and picks his mates..

whittacker shouldnat have played yesterday,he cant play a central role at the moment so to expect him to play out wide is a joke....

any manager regardless of experience should already have targets in place should any players leave....the club have offered hughes there best ever offer,if he refuses sell to the highest bidder,there cant be any sentiment involved.

Everyones entitled to an opinion,my view for what its worth some peolple are just too negative.

We are fifth in the league lost one game at home, only Hartlepool have scored more home goals than us.Only Leicester have lost fewer games.

Fail to see how Shezz is old hat,dont know who his mates are doubt if anybody on here does.

Yep hes paid a lot of money to manage a side on a small budget thats currently fifth in the league.

Whittaker probably got picked for his greater experience.

Agree with you about Hughes but hope he signs.

Pretty sure Shezz has targets in mind, he already knows the defender he wants.

As for last two seasons think he did well given what he had especially last season.

As for this year lets see what position we end up in which looks at worst at the moment play offs but we will see.

Interestingly almost every opposing manager had said Shezz is a good manager and they expect us to be in the mix come the end of the season.

Like I said just my opinion im just a fan like everyone else on here but we all see things from another angle.

Have to ask you are you a Maiden Fan

Robert

Everyones entitled to an opinion,my view for what its worth some people are just too negative.

Some are. Some have expectations that are too high. Some are realistic enough to know that losing/drawing with teams below you usually means sliding down the table sooner or later too. 8th last season plus investment in squad = higher this season. Leeds and Huddersfield are clear threats below us. Who, above us, is going to drop away? 5th is okay. I'm not convinced that Shez knows his best side for any particular opponent though.

We are fifth in the league lost one game at home, only Hartlepool have scored more home goals than us. Only Leicester have lost fewer games.

This is true, and I'm not losing sleep over it yet. And our away results aren't that bad either. The number of clear cut chances created to get where we are is dropping off a cliff though.

Whittaker probably got picked for his greater experience.

He got picked because Shez felt that Huddersfield won the midfield battle at BP. So he replaced a winger with a more combative central midfielder. It was the right call. It didn't work.

Pretty sure Shezz has targets in mind, he already knows the defender he wants.

Summer we seemed excellent in the transfer market. I hope this is reproduced now. I do wonder why players we signed in the summer aren't used though. To enter the loan market in October when we were top of the league was odd. To bring in a striker who has never scored more than 12 in a season was odd. To break up a successful striker partnership in Hughes/Alessandra was odd. To drop Alessandra two games after he scored a hat-trick was odd.

As for last two seasons think he did well given what he had especially last season.

The Philliskirk developed youth input did the side proud. But some of the shocking home performances before Christmas cost us the points that would have got us in to the play-offs. If we kick on and do better after the festive period than before, as happened last season, we'll be fine for the play-offs.

As for this year lets see what position we end up in which looks at worst at the moment play offs but we will see.

We're not playing as well as we can. There are signs of us sliding down the table from what I see on the pitch. If the manager can't solve it, he's finished at the end of the season.

Interestingly almost every opposing manager had said Shezz is a good manager and they expect us to be in the mix come the end of the season.

I expect us to be in the mix at the end of the season. Shez is an ok manager. But when he coaches his team to "look after the ball more" what the hell does he do? Because they are wasteful to the extreme!

To be fair, what I see on the pitch is a million miles better than last season. But 3 of the 4 promoted teams are better than the relegated teams, and most of the teams at the top are better than the likes of Forest or Doncaster. So it is a better quality league.

Edited by opinions4u