thompson released

Good luck, Thommo.

Felt sorry for him, injuries prevented him from getting the chance he deserved. He started poorly, but when he came on at Luton after Rubes' red card he was absolutely outstanding. Thought it would be his big chance, and then he got injured five minutes into the next game.

Shame it didn't work out for him here.

Good luck, Thommo.

Felt sorry for him, injuries prevented him from getting the chance he deserved. He started poorly, but when he came on at Luton after Rubes' red card he was absolutely outstanding. Thought it would be his big chance, and then he got injured five minutes into the next game.

Shame it didn't work out for him here.

Released? I didn't even know he'd been arrested! :shock:

Thank god he's gone. He was shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite!

Donny away in the JPT a prime example. Replaced an injured Gregan after ten minutes. 1st thing he did was fall over with the ball at his feet and gave them a one on one. Awful, awful player.

Well done Latics on getting rid of some of the deadwood.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Why is it we have to pay him off when it was always pretty obvious that he'd sign for county.....couldn't we just do a free transfer?

Just on that note, i was trying to think earlier of the amount of players in recent years, who we have had to "pay off" for one reason or another - perhaps this should be a separate thread, but how many could we come up with.

Why is it we have to pay him off when it was always pretty obvious that he'd sign for county.....couldn't we just do a free transfer?

Maybe Thompson is taking a pay-cut?

If he was then he would possibly reject a 'free transfer', instead prefering to be paid by Latics whilst knowing he would be loaned to County anyway until his deal was up. I doubt we have paid him off in full, it will have been a figure to suit both parties and so I expect we will be reasonably happy. It surely will be costing us less than keeping him loaned out all season.....

Good luck to him (although I seem to remember getting the impression from a Corney interview that he didn't like him).

Just on that note, i was trying to think earlier of the amount of players in recent years, who we have had to "pay off" for one reason or another - perhaps this should be a separate thread, but how many could we come up with.

Could be a long thread. How about a shorter 'who didn't we pay off'?

Didn't John McGinlay decline his because he felt he didn't deserve it?