Chron on top form

The chipwarapper now says the three players Shez wants in are a keeper, left back and centre half. bit of a change from the last report ....just guesswork and wow scouts at the only game on in our division well I never...who would have thought it.

They will be saying a decision on Byfield will be due next.... :wink:

The chipwarapper now says the three players Shez wants in are a keeper, left back and centre half. bit of a change from the last report ....just guesswork and wow scouts at the only game on in our division well I never...who would have thought it.

They will be saying a decision on Byfield will be due next.... :wink:

Last week the rarely wrong Chron said Shez has identified a keeper, the centre of defence and up front as areas he would like to strengthen.

Two out of three ain't bad. :unsure:

Last week the rarely wrong Chron said Shez has identified a keeper, the centre of defence and up front as areas he would like to strengthen.

Two out of three ain't bad. :unsure:

Nah, someone just gave old Bugby a nudge and he remembered about Danny Jones... add in Lomax's verbal self flagellation and hey presto... Sloppy Journalism! B)

Yesterday's front page of the sports supplement in the Chron showed Fleming celebrating with Allott after the keeper had apparently 'run the full length of the pitch to congratulate him'.

That beer must be good in the West Riding - cos from where I was sat it looked like Allott had run the full length of the pitch to celebrate with Flem, not the other way round.

Obvious mistakes, bad grammar and speculative reporting is all we are getting for our 45p now. I shall express my disappointment to David Whalley (Deputy Editor) next time I'm at the golf club, and insist that more effort is put into Latics reports if they want to avoid losing more sales.

Rant over - Thank you.

Guesswork? bit harsh...also, personally i think the presence of 12 scouts at saturday's game is well worth a mention too. wouldn't want you to be my boss mate...jeez

Are you Busbys love child? or is that guesswork? :shock:

Surely there will be 12 scouts at most games ....some girl guides as well..hardly news. Anyway get back to work...... :wink:

Obvious mistakes, bad grammar and speculative reporting is all we are getting for our 45p now. I shall express my disappointment to David Whalley (Deputy Editor) next time I'm at the golf club, and insist that more effort is put into Latics reports if they want to avoid losing more sales.

Rant over - Thank you.

Strangely, I think you will find that most of the bad grammar stems not from the reporters, but from this big book of 'how you write things in the chron' guide, that was written in the dark ages, and bares absolutely no relevance to how people speak nowadays - wouldnt be surprised if the 'regard' thing Richmond mentions is in there....

Used to be amazed at what was in there... but they have to systematically retrain every reporter who joins to use these phrases. One I always remember is that you couldnt use any other word for Goalkeeper other than 'keeper... so words such as stopper, goalie etc. are actually banned. I once got right royally lambasted for using such blasphemic words on one of the dailly headline posters....

...however there is absolutely no excuse for :censored: reporting!

Are you Busbys love child? or is that guesswork? :shock:

Surely there will be 12 scouts at most games ....some girl guides as well..hardly news. Anyway get back to work...... :wink:

Bugby, lad....B U G B Y not Busby. Is that a Freudian slip....? :)

Edited by Yard Dog