Hereford away.....

My mum had a new Hotpoint 'toploader' washing machine delivered that day and the Popman drove round our street for the first time selling a multitude of varieties of Ben Shaws and Barrs Limeade, Cream Soda, D&B and others which we rarely see today. Guess the year - a wild guess at 1978.

10th November 1973 (Jones 2, Lochead, Blair). Drew 1-1 at home (Lochead). We finished the season as Third Division Champions.

Played them in the Second Division 1976/77. Drew 0-0 away and lost 5-3 at home Wnittle, Shaw, Robins. They were relegated and we finished 13th.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

10th November 1973 (Jones 2, Lochead, Blair). Drew 1-1 at home (Lochead). We finished the season as Third Division Champions.

Played them in the Second Division 1976/77. Drew 0-0 at home and lost 5-3 away Wnittle, Shaw, Robins. They were relegated and we finished 13th.

I think you will find that you have got those results the wrong way round Diego.

We lost 3-5 at home after being, IIRC, 2-0 uo at half time. Bloody keith Hicks.

Cheers,

Harry

I think you will find that you have got those results the wrong way round Diego.

We lost 3-5 at home after being, IIRC, 2-0 uo at half time. Bloody keith Hicks.

Cheers,

Harry

You are correct Harry. Post amended. :blush:

Note to self: Do not try to rush a stat-filled post early in the morning before going off to Oldham for the day.

If we win remember there's only one drink in hereford to buy - bulmers. get on it. i prefer it to 'bow and magners anyday.

Ordering Bulmers in Hereford is like going to Oktoberfest and drinking Stella, Bulmers is nice and all (and I agree about it being nicer than Strongbow and Magners) but if you are a cider man it would be sacrilege to order it in a cider town such as Hereford.