With all the fuss over who is going and staying

Why it appears that some of our players appear not to be 'bothered'

CT a cert for 100% has had three poor games and IMO not due to a dip in form he just seems not to want to run with the ball or for it.

The combination of Maher and Allot should sure up any midfield... and we look overrun.

NE & KL dont seem to want to overlap our wide players and sit and wait for the attack.

The misplaced passes are stacking up against 75% of the team, giving posession away and dont appear to want it back.

When we pass the ball on the floor and the players run in to space we look like we can hold our own in any division. This is happening 2-3 times a game ( lots more against Orient) but then as if forgetting how to play ... revert to bypassing the midfield!!.

The gap between the midfield and front 2 is a chasm we just cant allow. The general opinion is that LA fills that gap, and stats show this but they are professional footballers and they MUST be able to see this happening if we can..... Why are none of them filling it. Finally our best finisher in 15 years has to go wide to get the ball ...... Will he score from there ? Nope ....

I do not profess to know loads about the game or how it needs to be played ... but the blame lies with the players at these times and not the manager!!!

CT a cert for 100% has had three poor games and IMO not due to a dip in form he just seems not to want to run with the ball or for it.

The combination of Maher and Allot should sure up any midfield... and we look overrun.

NE & KL dont seem to want to overlap our wide players and sit and wait for the attack.

The misplaced passes are stacking up against 75% of the team, giving posession away and dont appear to want it back.

When we pass the ball on the floor and the players run in to space we look like we can hold our own in any division. This is happening 2-3 times a game ( lots more against Orient) but then as if forgetting how to play ... revert to bypassing the midfield!!.

The gap between the midfield and front 2 is a chasm we just cant allow. The general opinion is that LA fills that gap, and stats show this but they are professional footballers and they MUST be able to see this happening if we can..... Why are none of them filling it. Finally our best finisher in 15 years has to go wide to get the ball ...... Will he score from there ? Nope ....

I do not profess to know loads about the game or how it needs to be played ... but the blame lies with the players at these times and not the manager!!!

spot on BUT CT hasnt played well for 5games now not 3 still the best winger in this division tho

Some valid points but I never buy into 'the players aren't bothered' claims. It's a claim almost as common as it is ridiculous.

ditto

and Chris Taylor is not dipping in form I think you'll find that teams are doubling up on him, it was certainly the case against Udders and Carlisle

Taylor's not on his game.

Could be a dip in form.

Could be transfer speculation / knowledge of a likely deal.

Could be a cold.

Could be he has a stormer on Saturday.

i think he is pi***d off with all the transfer talk and cant wait until it closes so he can just concentrate on oldham only my opinion tho

with pressure on him from scouts in the stands.. even if he doesnt go hes going to go sometime so he probs doent want to mess a decent opportunity up for himself

Our best performances this season have been when Hughes and Alessandra have played together so really can't understand them not being the first choice pairing.

i think he is pi***d off with all the transfer talk and cant wait until it closes so he can just concentrate on oldham only my opinion tho

with pressure on him from scouts in the stands.. even if he doesnt go hes going to go sometime so he probs doent want to mess a decent opportunity up for himself

I just don't expect him to have a good month, I was told that he simply wishes he could sleep for the whole month ...... he doesn't seem to handle well all the attention transfer speculation brings, is does effect it's game.

......... It's amazing how we are so bad as you describe, but we are 5th in the league! :blink:

I just don't expect him to have a good month, I was told that he simply wishes he could sleep for the whole month ...... he doesn't seem to handle well all the attention transfer speculation brings, is does effect it's game.

Probably explain a lot. Like with Trotters, I'm sure that whether he stays at this football club has very little to do with him, and a lot to do with the size of the buyers chequebook.

nd Chris Taylor is not dipping in form I think you'll find that teams are doubling up on him, it was certainly the case against Udders and Carlisle

This is rubbish, he was being doubled up on for the first 10 games of the season when he was ripping the proverbial out of teams. Something is up. All players go through dips in form, however pretty sure the kid has a lot on his mind at the moment.

......... It's amazing how we are so bad as you describe, but we are 5th in the league!

Not the point hough is it? You have to have your head seriously in the sand to not see that we will slip down the league fast if we continue playing this bilge. We should be doing better.

Edited by BigfinLatic

Some valid points but I never buy into 'the players aren't bothered' claims. It's a claim almost as common as it is ridiculous.

However ridiculous ... I have witnessed the not being first to a ball reversing out of challenges ... backing off .. sitting back ... not running at players past the half way line. We have all witnessed the other side of fluent and controlled attacking. A dip in form is supposed to highlight the individual... other than the center halves and goalkeeper the dip appears to affect the rest of the team ... and substitutes.

If you want a really good 'players are not bothered' thread just head over to the M*n C*ty Bluemoon messageboard. There are conspiracy theories abound on a 26 page epic!!

One of the blokes at work is a C*ty fan, from Middleton, and he's been reading it, with his head in his hands, for most of the afternoon. I've just been laughing at him :)

I think that if there's one thing that unites football fans it's the whole lack of effort issue. We, as paying customers, find that the hardest thing to accept.

If you want a really good 'players are not bothered' thread just head over to the M*n C*ty Bluemoon messageboard. There are conspiracy theories abound on a 26 page epic!!

One of the blokes at work is a C*ty fan, from Middleton, and he's been reading it, with his head in his hands, for most of the afternoon. I've just been laughing at him :)

I think that if there's one thing that unites football fans it's the whole lack of effort issue. We, as paying customers, find that the hardest thing to accept.

I have one sat right next to me ........ the world seems to be on his shoulders ... !!!! Bless him

TBH with you, ive been hearing this for weeks (probably since Pboro, 4 weeks ago!!!) ... and weve not actually moved far!

Really? How many points off the automtic were we 5 weeks ago.... and how many points behind were the likes of the wonderful bin dippers? Add in we have now played a game more... and hey presto! Bobbins.

Never said we have slipped... just that it wont be long if we cant win games. There was apoint even three weeks ago where everyone in the top 6 except leicester had bunched up nicely, and pulled away from the rest. Now we are miles awy from the top 2, and the others are catching....

However ridiculous... I have witnessed the not being first to a ball reversing out of challenges ... backing off .. sitting back ... not running at players past the half way line. We have all witnessed the other side of fluent and controlled attacking. A dip in form is supposed to highlight the individual... other than the center halves and goalkeeper the dip appears to affect the rest of the team ... and substitutes.

Maybe players have no pride in their performance whilst playing a game that they must love and have strived to improve at, all whilst making life-long sacrifices to achieve what many others with equal or greater ability have not. Maybe they are satisfied earning 25k-100k per annum throughout their short careers, excited at the prospect of a much less desirable 'job' afterwards. Maybe they have no desire to collect appearance and win bonuses. Maybe football achievements aren't on their agenda. Further to these , maybe they prefer to train all week to then slip down the table and get stick off the crowd, rather than basking in the glory of being hero-worshipped and going for promotion. Maybe they have no natural desire to compete and win. Maybe there isn't one bad loser in the squad.

To address the source of your bizzare concern, if you think 'backing off', 'sitting back' and 'not running at players past halfway' are sure signs that the players don't care then you quite simply need to get a grip. :lol: Bottling 50/50s can be a concern yes, but then I think you have made that one up. Same old boring, uneducated, bull-:censored: fan complaint when things aren't going well. I'm pretty sure the players will be a lot more upset with recent results than you are, just like I'm pretty sure accusations like yours will always be taken with a pinch of salt by those who matter.

Maybe players have no pride in their performance whilst playing a game that they must love and have strived to improve at, all whilst making life-long sacrifices to achieve what many others with equal or greater ability have not. Maybe they are satisfied earning 25k-100k per annum throughout their short careers, excited at the prospect of a much less desirable 'job' afterwards. Maybe they have no desire to collect appearance and win bonuses. Maybe football achievements aren't on their agenda. Further to these , maybe they prefer to train all week to then slip down the table and get stick off the crowd, rather than basking in the glory of being hero-worshipped and going for promotion. Maybe they have no natural desire to compete and win. Maybe there isn't one bad loser in the squad.

To address the source of your bizzare concern, if you think 'backing off', 'sitting back' and 'not running at players past halfway' are sure signs that the players don't care then you quite simply need to get a grip. :lol: Bottling 50/50s can be a concern yes, but then I think you have made that one up. Same old boring, uneducated, bull-:censored: fan complaint when things aren't going well. I'm pretty sure the players will be a lot more upset with recent results than you are, just like I'm pretty sure accusations like yours will always be taken with a pinch of salt by those who matter.

I did not accuse nor mention any form of bonus pride passion or any such like. Neither did I comment on any 'negatives' banded around this and other message boards. I mereley commented my opinion on what I have seen over the last month or so. I also didnt mention any form of reward nor career lenght. I dont recall mentioning in basking in hero worship.

I am neither uneducated, or bull-:censored: and I didnt 'complain' to anyone. I am as entitled to an opinion as you are.. however my ramblings however you took them are based on fact. I can also assure you I have a 'grip'. Thank you

I did not accuse nor mention any form of bonus pride passion or any such like. Neither did I comment on any 'negatives' banded around this and other message boards. I mereley commented my opinion on what I have seen over the last month or so. I also didnt mention any form of reward nor career lenght. I dont recall mentioning in basking in hero worship.

I am neither uneducated, or bull-:censored: and I didnt 'complain' to anyone. I am as entitled to an opinion as you are.. however my ramblings however you took them are based on fact. I can also assure you I have a 'grip'. Thank you

:shock:

Are you for real? My post was simply giving my reasons (somewhat sacrcastically) why I believe your comment that "the players aren't bothered" is bollocks. We all reaslise you may not have mentioned these things directly, but is it not obvious to you that I brought them up to demonstrate why players do care?? Good god. :shock:

Despite this, if your belief is based on fact then, well, I now retract my post. :lol:

:shock:

Are you for real? My post was simply giving my reasons (somewhat sacrcastically) why I believe your comment that "the players aren't bothered" is bollocks. We all reaslise you may not have mentioned these things directly, but is it not obvious to you that I brought them up to demonstrate why players do care?? Good god. :shock:

Despite this, if your belief is based on fact then, well, I now retract my post. :lol:

Oh yes ... Sacrasm .. you must have laughed yourself silly ... How foolish of me not to notice. your reasons!! as you put them have nothing to do with my original post or other ones. Yours spouts about pride passion and wanting bonuses and srtriving to achieve etc.

It is not what I believe ... its what I watched. Its what we all watched. And I suggested that SOME of our players didnt SEEM bothered over the last MONTH. You pick at it all you want with your own brand of sarcasm. Not going to change things is it.

Oh yes ... Sacrasm .. you must have laughed yourself silly ... How foolish of me not to notice. your reasons!! as you put them have nothing to do with my original post or other ones. Yours spouts about pride passion and wanting bonuses and srtriving to achieve etc.

It is not what I believe ... its what I watched. Its what we all watched. And I suggested that SOME of our players didnt SEEM bothered over the last MONTH. You pick at it all you want with your own brand of sarcasm. Not going to change things is it.

Deary me....

Here's the top and bottom of it, sarcasm aside.

You posted, amongst other things which I deemed valid, that the real concern was that the players appear 'not bothered'. I said that was ridiculous. You then responded going on about 'staying back' and some similar rubbish. I then explained exactly why I believe it is ridiculous to accuse players of being not bothered, touching on matters to do with pride and finance....which you now say are "nothing to do with the original post".

Geddit?

I think this is one of many common misconceptions that football fans seem to make that the players don't care or can't be bothered the minute as for the reason that the team doesn't play well.

Me and the boys were having this conversation prior to the Huddersfield game and some fans seem to be under the illusion that Neal eardley doesn't care or that playing for Wales has "gone to his head" yet from people who have met him Neal just loves playing the game of football and hates playing badly because the crowd will get on his back. If the players aren't bothered then the chances are they will hear it of the coaching staff and the other players and for right or wrong the crowd too. That doesn't mean that sometimes the players aren't always switched on or maybe don't approach the game in the right mental frame of mind but I do think that more often than not the players are more than bothered about their own performance. The only people who truely know how bothered the players are are the ones who immediately surround them who they go home too and who they talk about it too proffessionally and personally