Re: Something to make you laugh....

I'm probably in a minority of one here, but I rated Killen.

OK, he had his injury problems but he was criminally under used by Ronnie in his last season here (Chasetown away instantly springs to mind).

Corney then turned just about every fan against him with his ill timed 'shoe in gob' rant as he was leaving.

Good luck to him if he makes it.

Derek.

OK, he had his injury problems but he was criminally under used by Ronnie in his last season here (Chasetown away instantly springs to mind).

Corney then turned just about every fan against him with his ill timed 'shoe in gob' rant as he was leaving.

Derek.

I thought he was a good player too. He is just an easy target as he is perceived to have cost the club money in some evil manner. Facts remain that he did nothing wrong whilst here, he just got injured a fair bit whilst on alot of money (which we offered to pay him knowing all the risks that go with a football player). He then left when we wanted him off the wage bill.

Doubt he'd cut it at the top level, but that is by the by.

NB. I'd wish him good luck but he went to the wrong side of Edinburgh for me to do that.

Derek.

No mate Killen was a class act "when fit" but a lot of people see unfit to mean rubbish.

Facts remain that he did nothing wrong whilst here, he just got injured a fair bit whilst on alot of money (which we offered to pay him knowing all the risks that go with a football player). He then left when we wanted him off the wage bill.

I used to have my car MOT'd by Aaron Wilbraham's father-in-law and he told me that he was gutted that Latics didn't take him on after his 1 month loan back in 2004.

Partly because he wanted to stay in the area and not move to Milton Keynes but also because he was absolutely made up with the drinking culture at the club. Apparently the early-hours poker sessions before games were legendary and you can have a guess who was at the centre of all this (it wasn't Shez :wink:).

So, as far as I'm concerned, yes he did do something wrong while he was here and I'm sure we'd have seen a lot more of him on the pitch if he'd been a little more professional in his time with us.

Corney's rant = justified.

Very good player when fit. Does he hold the club record for scoring in consecutive games (I think it was 7)? He either broke it or came close to breaking it.

Injuries have prevented him from playing at a higher level* (his goalscoring record warranted the chance), and will prevent him from playing at a higher level now.7

*The SPL is not a higher level than League One, with the exception of Old Firm games.

Edited by jsslatic

Yet another footballer imo, who has had ability (probably still got a teeny bit!), however, he had the pain threshold of a new born baby and desire to match the finest sick notes.

Obviously had the ability and a very good goals per game......those games work out about 10 a season though!! :shock:

Owd sicknote.

Very good player when fit. Does he hold the club record for scoring in consecutive games (I think it was 7)? He either broke it or came close to breaking it.

I think he scored 10 in 6, which I didn't much enjoy as I didn't much like him. Never really rated him either to be honest, even when fit. He wasn't bad but that's the best compliment I'd pay him. A clumsy, right place at the right time kind of player, no fun to watch, a la Chris Porter.

It has also not been said he was one of the laziest footballers seen at the club !

He scored goals. Look at Lee Hughes, Luke Beckett and Chris Porter. Hardly ran themselves into the ground yet still do/did the business. Chris Killen was one of the best strikers weve had in years, just a shame he was always injured. I heard a rumour though that he was on something like 6k goal bonus due to him signing in the Chris "Hope he dies" Moore era, and the new board werent overly keen for him to be playing games.