Windass

Dean Windass

Date of birth 1 April 1969 (1969-04-01) (age 39) we would be fools to sign him

Looks to be in good shape Bob, and still a class act. Don't think we should be banding big contracts around, but a loan move or deal until the end of the season would be good. Don't think there'll be much better out there in January as a replacement for Hughesy (if needed).

I'm surprised Hartlepool are going for him...I know they lost James Brown but I thought Kevin Kyle was his replacement. Meh...

Windass on a Hull fan site I admits

openly that he would love nothing more than to play for

oldham if the price was right however the wage bill

seems to be holding Oldham athletic back from

holding talks with the striker

damn no one noticed

Windass is exactly what we need. Seeing our midfield cant create a chance for toffee, we might aswell try and bludgeon our way to goal. Windass' speciality. In fact, sod it... lets just shove windass and Gregan upfront.

Have some of that.

:laught16::laught16: 'Kin brilliant BF, just the thought of them two up front made me p i s s ..

.If Graham Norton was a Goalkeeper/defender he'd be really pleased, thinking about all of that :ass1: in his box!!

:laught16::laught16: 'Kin brilliant BF, just the thought of them two up front made me p i s s ..

.If Graham Norton was a Goalkeeper/defender he'd be really pleased, thinking about all of that :ass1: in his box!!

like lags said 5 or 6 years ago he would of been good.but at 39....think its out the question really....

how about lee trundle,dont think he is getting a game where he is..or liam dickinson...everybody seems to want to loan him in..

like lags said 5 or 6 years ago he would of been good.but at 39....think its out the question really....

how about lee trundle,dont think he is getting a game where he is..or liam dickinson...everybody seems to want to loan him in..

Why? Latics fans if any shouldn't write off golden oldies. Someone on here recently told me that the only two players we've had better than Wellens (recent times of course) were Shez and Eyresy. Here we're talking about a player who did the business in The Championship last season, and even played in The Premiership last week for the team in 8th (believe it or not, I could swear I've seen him take a corner on MOTD recently :unsure: ).

Out of the question.

Is the Hartlepool move a done deal?

What about this:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...s-land-him.html

the Hartlepool website says nothing so hopefully something can be organised, maybe sneak in and pinch him until the end of the season.

i think this is something that would give the side a boost

Always scored goals, did it at 38 in the Championship, plays for a Premiership side, what makes anyone on here think Lewis, Wolfy or Smalley would do a better job!!!!!! Would love him here for 20 games, the way we playing we need a ball winner when the going gets tough, and he can do that.

He hasn't signed for Hartlepool yet....

I wouldnt be suprised if we take a punt.

KTF

Edited by Eddie_m'gurk

He's only a tit because he scores against us and celebrates, from him interviews though he's not actually a bad person, he's quite modest. Still, I think he's overrated and we shouldn't be looking at 39 olds, not even for six months. I wouldn't be totally against the move, but just very sceptical.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Would be a bad move I think...

could you imagine hughes and windass in this league, dont care who the opponents are they would be scared to death.

not very likley, but hughes may look at that sort of signing as a sign of intent for the rest of the season

could you imagine hughes and windass in this league, dont care who the opponents are they would be scared to death.

not very likley, but hughes may look at that sort of signing as a sign of intent for the rest of the season

I thought the talk was for Windass to replace Hughes as our main striker....

I would warm to the idea of Hughes AND Windass....

Still think the guy is a cock though...