School Flattened by IDF

Matt

Glasgow Rangers?

Yorkshire?

The Midlands?

Marmite?

:unsure:

Precisely, there’s a lot of it about.

No, to be honest, there are worse states out there, quite a few of them in fact. I think what annoys me is the pretence that they are some outpost of liberal democracy surrounded by savage extremists, when their actions and entire raison d’etre is no better than that of their neighbours.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'stolen their country'? was israel/palestine not home to the jews long before islam was born? you can look back over a few decades, or a few thousand years. just to clarify, i think the palestinians should be allowed to create their own independant state - and the world powers should force israel to address this immediately.

'stolen their country'? was israel/palestine not home to the jews long before islam was born? you can look back over a few decades, or a few thousand years. just to clarify, i think the palestinians should be allowed to create their own independant state - and the world powers should force israel to address this immediately.

I understand your point, but I think the key is that you aren't saying years or decades, but decades or a few thousand years. What sort of crazy notion is it that a Western democracy can be founded by a group of people kicking the great majority of the inhabitants of a country out of it because some bloke went up a mountain in 2000 BC and came back down telling his tribe that God had told them that he wanted them to invade a foreign country and slaughter it's inhabitants because they were his chosen people on Earth and that's where he wanted them to live?

Incidentally, I find it equally absurd that many Moslems consider it, "Islamic land," just as it was possibly silly for Christians to spend most of the Middle Ages trying to re-conquer it for Christianity. Land doesn't have a religion.