Goal Line Technology

Ackey

Goal Line Technology  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be goal line technology?

• Yes
    • No

Theyr developing a system using "hawk eye" to determine weather the ball goes in. It looks costly and I dont think lower league clubs could afford it. maybe it will bbe in the premierleague soon!

I've voted yes but, as Sheephead says, it's gotta be affordable for all levels of pro football otherwise our league will be further regarded as "2nd class football" in comparison with the Premiership.

I've voted yes but, as Sheephead says, it's gotta be affordable for all levels of pro football otherwise our league will be further regarded as "2nd class football" in comparison with the Premiership.

think its a very easy answer if you have just watched match of the day

Yes but they have several cameras to look at, there is usually only one at BP...

just needed another pair of eyes for that one, its goal line technology anyway i am fairly sure if they introduce it, it wont consist of one camera in a stand

RL use video refs and it stops for around about a minute for each descision the in-play ref can't call on. RL doesn't use the video ref for every regulation of course - like offsides and forward passes - because the touch judges are usually up to the task. Hey, that's what they get paid for. RL is a far quicker game and the video ref really doesn't effect the speed of the game - I think the perccentage of time the ball is in play on average in a RL game is aroun 80% mark, and probably around 30% for footy. Hah! Actually I'm pro video tech in footy but I think I may have just thought of something that's swayed my opinion. How many times a season do Latics have a descision that would require a video ref? Take out the offsides and stuff - you can't use it for that, it would be rediculous. How many times once? Twice? Okay two times max - now tell me is it financially viable to have it across the board in this country.

Im all against the Video Technology that includes Goal Line technology, would stop start the game and stop the debates and banter all part of football so leave it as it is id say.

I'm for video technology but only for goal line decisions. I agree if you use technology too much that it would slow the game down but football is all about goals. If the referee doesn't give a free-kick when to everyone else it should have been is only a matter of opinion and how someone interprets the laws of the game, the ball crossing the line can be proved, no opinion about it. Surely if you've put the ball behind the line you deserve the goal. As for it killing banter there would still be plenty to talk about.