Chris Killen

This is from the sky sports transfer watch

'9.19 Striker Chris Killen believes he needs to leave Celtic if he is to revive his flagging career, and admits he would welcome the opportunity to secure a switch to the Premier League.

He was not that good for us . He had a couple of good runs . Not lucky with injuries i know , but does anyone think he could cut it in the prem?

'9.19 Striker Chris Killen believes he needs to leave Celtic if he is to revive his flagging career, and admits he would welcome the opportunity to secure a switch to the Premier League.

He was not that good for us . He had a couple of good runs . Not lucky with injuries i know , but does anyone think he could cut it in the prem?

I DO!!!

But the welsh prem isnt what it was! :grin:

maybe for someone like stoke or the baggies,or someone coming up next season.....dont think he would stand a chance at an established premier league club

I reckon he's a quality striker myself. His head was a mess when he was at latics, and as far as injuries go, could it have been any worse? Saw him play a couple of times north of border and he looked well. Certainly think he could get goals for WBA / Stoke type team or even a Boro who don't have any decent strikers...

Heard a rumour he's off to cardiff anyway.

rated Killen as a player, big / strong/ good technique / eye for a goal, was just his horrendous injury record that brought him down. Then with the revelations about paying for his families airfares etc, he went down big time my estimations non-playing wise after that.

Can see him (if fit) doing a job at a Bolton / 'Boro / Stoke / Hull / West Brom, but more likely to be suitable for the Championship at teams a la Cardiff / Ipswich / Norwich etc.

Playing wise (on the pitch & fit!) i'd ahve him back here in a flash - personality & injury wise; wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Be interesting where he ends up this Jan as i think he'll be off somewhere.