hughes spotted

taken from donny forum- what a spot

Hi all, visited the beefeater this evening with the girlfriend and spotted someone who looked very similar to lee hughes. He passed throught from the premier inn hotel (next door)and went into the restaurant. Maybe hes up here for talks??

Anyway couldnt approach the guy to talk to as he was on his mobile, but he spoke in a brummie accent! Maybe something going to happen in the next few days??

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

taken from donny forum- what a spot

Hi all, visited the beefeater this evening with the girlfriend and spotted someone who looked very similar to lee hughes. He passed throught from the premier inn hotel (next door)and went into the restaurant. Maybe hes up here for talks??

Anyway couldnt approach the guy to talk to as he was on his mobile, but he spoke in a brummie accent! Maybe something going to happen in the next few days??

And so it begins, come on who had a Donny Beafeater in the where will Hughes be spotted first pool. Lee Hughes being spotted in Donny early in the moring (and at a Beafeater no less) when he ought to be training is about as believeable as the moon being made from cheese.

Sadly, Butterworths closed in 2006. It is still missed in my family.

There was a a kebab shop in Brighton that I used to frequent that used to make the finest Pork Gyros known to man or beast for £2:20. My mate and I would pass it on the way out of a night and call in for one and then go out before calling in again for one on the way home. Seriously they were that good, not often anyone can eat a kebab sober but this was more like traditional Greek cuisine than the usual slop you get from kebab shops at kicking out time. Anyways, this place, La Plateya closed down in 2002 and to this day I miss it. In the last 2 months I have actually looked up the recipe and started to make the kebabs myself at home following this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-f...cipe/index.html And believe it or not is what I am cooking for tea tomorrow night and I pulled the pork out the freezer this morning so I can marinade it overnight.

Finally someone has seen him in Yorkshire

I dont think players are allowed out of Lancashire

So its definate he is signing then bye bye Lee

Hughes thanks for all your excellent goals and

Ingenious winding up of away fans anyway

New year and new start lets hope Byfield gives us

Goals galore

Goals galore

:hooked:

Bored Ryan?

Goals galore

That's not right.

As a former resident, I know Hughes lives around ****** (self imposed **) , which is in Yorkshire..... :)

Cheers for that. Me and my dad will be going there next time he's over for a match. If the homemade steak pie is as good as it used to be at Butterworths, then you'll have made a happy man very old :grin:

No probs, hopefully you wont be let down! I may even have a slice of said pie on the side of my fish, chips, peas and curry at dinnertime, instead of a puddin'. :)

i have spent over a hour agonising over wether 'they all sound the same to me' is in fact a racist comment. in the end i decided, probably, yes due to the connotations of 'they' and decided not to say it.

They don't all sound the same, a Brummy accent and a Black Country one are completely different! :grin:

I seem to recall on the "Anfield Rap" John Barnes proclaiming "I'm John Barnes and i come from Jamaica" so i would say yes, his accent is indeed Jamaican. he didnt mention being Jamaican when he was doing that "Singing for England" song with New Order and Keith Allen tho

- I come from Jamaica my name’s John Barn-es

When I do my thing the crowd go bananas.

(not to be confused with throw bananas)

- How’s he doing the Jamaican rap when he’s from just south of the Watford gap? Giving us stick about the North/South divide, well they’ve got the jobs but we’ve got the side!