We're favourites to sign Windass

Certainly do, dont understand why people dont rate Trundle on here he ripped us apart enough times, he is a good striker in this division

I seem to remember Trundle being notoriously crap every time we played them recently?

And have you seen him play at all in the last two years? No, niether have I. Niether has anyone at Ashton Gate :wink:

He was king of the mumbles. Unfortunately he will do toss all anywhere else.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At one time (about 3 years ago, if not more) Trundle was a very good striker at this level.

Then it all went to his (fat, Welsh/scouse) head and the last three years (or so) have proved that he isn't as good as he thinks he is.

Still better than Byfield

At one time (about 3 years ago, if not more) Trundle was a very good striker at this level.

Then it all went to his (fat, Welsh/scouse) head and the last three years (or so) have proved that he isn't as good as he thinks he is.

Very annoying the way Soccer AM used to suck his arse every bloody week just because he could do a little trick. Also astonishing that he was able to negotiate a big image rights due to the number of shirts he sold. Never anything better than a 3rd division striker and IMO never one of the top ones either.

Windass to Ipswich?? Next Striker..

Ipswich next to offer Windass a way out as Phil Brown showdown looms at Hull

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 10:34 PM on 07th January 2009

Windass now has Ipswich to choose from along with Oldham

Ipswich are the latest club to offer Dean Windass an escape from Hull as the striker prepares for showdown talks with manager Phil Brown on Thursday.

League One promotion hopefuls Oldham are favourites to sign Hull's 39-year-old Wembley hero, who has made just one Premier League start this season, but Hartlepool and Doncaster have also offered loan deals.

Brown and Windass are due to meet today to discuss his future after the Hull boss accepted Hartlepool boss Chris Turner's loan offer.

As I understand it - Windass wants to play on until he is 40 years old (April this year) and then look to get into management. A loan move until the end of the season whereby he does not need to move house would probably suit him fine I reckon - so Ipswich may just be a little too far. I think that having him on loan would be a decent move for Latics - let's see what happens :shock:

Can't believe we are considering Windass. He is useless. We may as well all give in. Rather play Wolfy.

LMAO terrific post ...

Windass will do an awesome job still at this level ... he is the epitomy of a bully boy striker - lets face it Hughes is off on his way, and I couldnt think of a better like-4-like player at our level

order the XXL now

In todays ver reliable BBC "Gossip" column

Oldham have offered veteran striker Dean Windass a loan deal to escape his misery at Hull. (Various)

See in the same column it appears old super-loanee Brett has found his level...

Shrewsbury are set to complete a £150,000 deal for Preston duo Karl Hawley and Brett Ormerod. (Various)

Windass will do an awesome job still at this level ... he is the epitomy of a bully boy striker - lets face it Hughes is off on his way, and I couldnt think of a better like-4-like player at our level

He's hardly like for like. He's far older, slower and bigger. I agree though, he'd be a decent signing and would do for the next 6 months, no more.

He'd fit our style well, especially when Eardley is punting long balls into the box as we'd then have someone who'd have more than a snowflake's chance in hell of getting his head to the ball. He's certainly cult hero material; Eyresey stylee.

He's hardly like for like. He's far older, slower and bigger. I agree though, he'd be a decent signing and would do for the next 6 months, no more.

He'd fit our style well, especially when Eardley is punting long balls into the box as we'd then have someone who'd have more than a snowflake's chance in hell of getting his head to the ball. He's certainly cult hero material; Eyresey stylee.

(sp?)

I would. Can't help thinking we're losing some of Hughes's effectiveness by not having a really good target man alongside him.

What you mean like O'grady.....

Cant believe the negativity about the increasing possibility of Windass signing. Its not like we giving the guy a 3 year contract. I will have anyone a bet that Dean Windass will score more goals that any one of our strikers, if he signs. Cos Hughes is obviously on his toes to Donny.

What you mean like O'grady.....

Cant believe the negativity about the increasing possibility of Windass signing. Its not like we giving the guy a 3 year contract. I will have anyone a bet that Dean Windass will score more goals that any one of our strikers, if he signs. Cos Hughes is obviously on his toes to Donny.

I would like to refresh peoples minds of how bad our front line was in our (FA CUP) games with lowly Cheltenham....

Does Windass look bad now???