Could of been the last time we seen Crossley ?

i feel your pain, i've noticed folk putting "are" instead of "our" and it gets right on my tits

I've stopped correcting errors where I'm judged to be pedantic, but these examples are just plain wrong! Now they've been pointed out, why not stop doing it and learn from the experience?

I really hope that isnt the case. My lad is the mascot for the Hartlepool game in April and he idolises Crossley. I think this may be the first time we see a mascot who chooses one of the coaching staff as his favourite player.

I really dont fancy telling him he wont be able to have Crossley as his favourite on the day.

I believe the cost of that surgery is in the region of £6k to £10k if done privately.

While presumably the club is contracted to look after its professionals, the return on that investment won't be long term.

I doubt very much we'll see Norm play again, as I think he has been well and truly replaced by a younger and better goalkeeper.

That said, it's been fun. And scary at times!

I believe the cost of that surgery is in the region of £6k to £10k if done privately.

While presumably the club is contracted to look after its professionals, the return on that investment won't be long term.

I doubt very much we'll see Norm play again, as I think he has been well and truly replaced by a younger and better goalkeeper.

That said, it's been fun. And scary at times!

How much are we paying Crossley, as I would guess £6k is about 4 weeks wages, if having the op now privately means he is availible for the last 4 weeks of the season I'd pay. (Especially if you add in any prospective play-offs into that). The waiting list for that sort of op on the NHS is probably measured in years not months, so yeah I know we aren't going to get a lot from him but I think it is worth it and it just makes sense to pay for our players to have treatment privately given the amount we pay them in wages and you can't say we aren't going to pay for that because you are retiring at the end of the year.

i feel your pain, i've noticed folk putting "are" instead of "our" and it gets right on my tits

Indeed. Another which annoys me is people saying am instead I'm. Sometimes mistakes like this give clues about peoples accents, because they write words as they say them.

Wouldn't private medical bills be covered with medical insurance?

Yes, footballers will surely have such cover.

Wouldn't private medical bills be covered with medical insurance?

Probably.

That said, it could be considered cost effective for the club to have a high excess and pay a lower premium each year. And any large claims will doubtless by looked on unfavourably by insurers renewing any arrangements.

I wouldn't ever claim to know the ins and outs of how Latics pay for the medical treatment of their players. I wouldn't ever suggest that they should refuse to pay for such treatment either.

Just threw the numbers is as MrsO4u also considered surgery for a similar problem.

Edited by opinions4u