Stockport sold 1,000

not bad going as it's still early doors. reck they will sell the full allocation (is it about 3000?)

I believe that they have been given the larger section in the Rochdale Road End - so about 2,800 or so. I reckon that if Stockport have a couple of decent results between now and the 24th then they could possibly go close to selling out.

If we also have two decent results against the Hangers and the Cider Drinkers then it should be a rocking atmosphere. Bring 'em on I say - a chance to unleash Craig Davies... :wink:

Edited by TheBigDog

Always thought Taylor deserved more of a chance here especially when Mark Hughes at his worst was playing infront of him.

Successful with Stockport in the 4th division, then sold back into that division - suggests that he's not quite at the level. Although if we are debating whether he should have started ahead of Hughes I may be leaving my petard unguarded.

'dale are peed off big time with the Taylor transfer.

He was coming 'Dale until Rotherham came in at the last minute and offered money which 'dale couldnt afford to match, so Taylor went there instead. Keith Hill was peeved saying how unfair it is that a club like Rotherham who's come out of admin twice in recent years and with all their financial problems can start throwing money around again that other clubs who are financially sound can't match.

He was coming 'Dale until Rotherham came in at the last minute and offered money which 'dale couldnt afford to match, so Taylor went there instead. Keith Hill was peeved saying how unfair it is that a club like Rotherham who's come out of admin twice in recent years and with all their financial problems can start throwing money around again that other clubs who are financially sound can't match.

But how the funk can Rotherham afford to pay for players? They went into administration and were penalised.

But how the funk can Rotherham afford to pay for players? They went into administration and were penalised.

That's the whole point of going in to administration.

Negotiate agreements with creditors to pay them less than you actually owe them, and then come out of administration with a clean slate.

If you can actually get large debts written off you can suddenly become a profitable business again.

A bit like Leeds who made £4m last year.

Another way would be to wind up your business, walk away from your debts and then start up a completely new business with a similar name and perhaps include the year of happening in the title.

Seen that done before at Middlesbrough, Bristol City, Oldham Athletic, to name but a few.

I know we appear on the list, but it's making a mockery of it all now. Yes there are points deductions but there should be some sort of embargo on how much you can spend buying players, otherwise they could end up right back where they started.

I know we appear on the list, but it's making a mockery of it all now. Yes there are points deductions but there should be some sort of embargo on how much you can spend buying players, otherwise they could end up right back where they started.

Well, the likes of Leeds and Luton had additional points deducted for pissing about with the system.

I think the balance is probably right now. Points deductions to ensure people aren't abusing the system to gain a sporting advantage, but still providing an opportunity for fans of financially afflicted clubs to keep competitive league football in their towns.

Then again, if Leeds erred again ....

Edited by opinions4u

He's had a lucky escape not going to Dale. Horrible excuse for a football club.

Well, the likes of Leeds and Luton had additional points deducted for pissing about with the system.

I think the balance is probably right now. Points deductions to ensure people aren't abusing the system to gain a sporting advantage, but still providing an opportunity for fans of financially afflicted clubs to keep competitive league football in their towns.

Then again, if Leeds erred again ....

But, to pick one out...

Luton. Kevin Nicholls. I ask you, who is paying more them and him, or us and <pick team member>*. They got deducted more for doing it (going in admin) again. At least this time when they do it they'll go down a few divisions (as the Conference ( and CN/S) automatically relegate you for going in admin).

*Bearing in mind he must be on nigh on five grand a week.

But, to pick one out...

Luton. Kevin Nicholls. I ask you, who is paying more them and him, or us and <pick team member>*. They got deducted more for doing it (going in admin) again. At least this time when they do it they'll go down a few divisions (as the Conference ( and CN/S) automatically relegate you for going in admin).

*Bearing in mind he must be on nigh on five grand a week.

That's my point, some teams do it (administration) and then as soon as they are out of it do the things that got them there in the first place all over again. Rotherham have been in the mire on more than one occasion in recent years.

That's my point, some teams do it (administration) and then as soon as they are out of it do the things that got them there in the first place all over again.

And if they go in to administration again they lose another set of points.

Are you suggesting a transfer ban AFTER clubs come out of administration? Because that would simply be an incentive to wind up clubs and will ultimately destroy lower league football.

Not a transfer ban but an FL administration period to oversee their practices.
I believe this exists, and is why team like Leeds and Luton had additional points penalties.

Have Luton learned anything if they are supposedly paying a player higher L1 / lower Championship wages?
Very possibly not. But we don't know if their financial situation is now significantly more secure do we?

Let's face it. Latics is a loss making club and if TTA wished to walk away then we'd potentially be in administration with the points penalties that go with it. Yet here we are signing Premiership players on loan and offering Championship contracts to somebody who's 33 in 4 months time.

I believe this exists, and is why team like Leeds and Luton had additional points penalties.

Very possibly not. But we don't know if their financial situation is now significantly more secure do we?

Let's face it. Latics is a loss making club and if TTA wished to walk away then we'd potentially be in administration with the points penalties that go with it. Yet here we are signing Premiership players on loan and offering Championship contracts to somebody who's 33 in 4 months time.

Exactly, surely there should be some form of safeguard to hopefully reduce the possability of a return into administration. Some 'businessmen' who run football clubs don't see administration as a problem as they can walk away and put it down to a bad business venture while the club suffers.

As for our position, yes it may be a gamble, it could be precarious, but we aren't at the wrong end of the football league........yet. :blink:

is that some form of dig at tta? tta please stop trying to get us out of this :censored: division, please, please we love it here. one suspects that you have problems trusting, either after chr*s m**re, or for other unfootball related resons.

unbelievable. its this kind of attitude, and its more prevalant polar opposite, which could one day be the final straw. no doubt much to your liking.

:angry:

The bottom line in Latics are running at a loss still. TTA tell us every so often but at the same time tell us it's far better run now than when they took over. We've enjoyed a good few years now of relevant calm and the secure feeling that brings. I hope Stockport sell out and help the club along. In fact I wished that every club that visited BP brought the same numbers that go to the corresponding fixture.