Byfield gone back to Donny!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonights Chron we are favorites due to traveling so that rules out Ipswich, Blackpool and Notts but likely to sign for either Leeds or Hudds.

Byfield now in the preview for tomorrow on the site

If it rules out Notts it rules us out as well. Hull - Notts 91 miles. Hull to Oldham 89 miles. All depends where he lives though I guess.

I wouldn't really call doing a few step-overs and looking generally disinterested a decent contribution to be honest. I'd play Davies and Alessandra over him anyday.

Did he look disinterested? I'm not so sure. I've always thought he's put in a decent shift. He's done alright here. His goals record hasn't been much to shout about...but the midfield's been gashtastic for the last few games and he's had to create most chances for himself.

Did he look disinterested? I'm not so sure. I've always thought he's put in a decent shift. He's done alright here. His goals record hasn't been much to shout about...but the midfield's been gashtastic for the last few games and he's had to create most chances for himself.

You know what, everyone forms their own opinion. Personally, I don't rate the guy at all. I think he looks dopey on the ball, he's got no strength, he's awful in the air, and he just doesn't look like scoring. As I say, i'd personally have Davies or Allesandra in the starting line-up before him.

Byfield won't have gone. Why would we terminate his spell when he can play tomorrow? Just poor editing.

The article should read as follows: On-loan striker Darren Byfield returns to League One Doncaster after completing his extended spell at Boundary Park which ends after tomorrow's game

The question is - will he be back - not convinced as he has only scored the one goal but you never know :mad:

The article should read as follows: On-loan striker Darren Byfield returns to League One Doncaster after completing his extended spell at Boundary Park which ends after tomorrow's game

The question is - will he be back - not convinced as he has only scored the one goal but you never know :mad:

Cue Byfield hat-trick tomorrow :lol:

You know what, everyone forms their own opinion. Personally, I don't rate the guy at all. I think he looks dopey on the ball, he's got no strength, he's awful in the air, and he just doesn't look like scoring. As I say, i'd personally have Davies or Allesandra in the starting line-up before him.

Although I am losing faith that he is going to start finding his shooting boots (although we’ve been poor he really ought to have had at least a few sniffs at goal), I reckon he’s covered more ground than anyone else in the team most times I’ve seen him, and a lot of it going pretty quickly.

Although I am losing faith that he is going to start finding his shooting boots (although we’ve been poor he really ought to have had at least a few sniffs at goal), I reckon he’s covered more ground than anyone else in the team most times I’ve seen him, and a lot of it going pretty quickly.

Cue Byfield hat-trick tomorrow :lol:

yeh keeping 2 of our own strikers out of the team for 1 goal

One of which hasn't scored himself (even on loan in L2) and the other who has only scored in two games this season. I like Lewi, but I don't see that as a reason to dislike Byfield.

One of which hasn't scored himself (even on loan in L2) and the other who has only scored in two games this season. I like Lewi, but I don't see that as a reason to dislike Byfield.

I dont particularly dislike the guy, I just wonder why ( and as i did with Ormered) when we have so many strikers looking for games that we draft in champ strikers who are ou of form

Fed up of signing loan strikers who can't play a full 90 mins (Byfield, Ormerod, Constantine etc).

Fed up of seeing Alessandra, our most creative front man, left out.

Didn't mind Byfield for the first 60 minutes he was on the pitch, but after that his legs had gone.

Ultimately most on this board know the problem lies in the chasm that sits between the midfield and the front two. Alessandra is the one player who has bridged that well this season.

I dont particularly dislike the guy, I just wonder why ( and as i did with Ormered) when we have so many strikers looking for games that we draft in champ strikers who are ou of form

ormerod...out of form?????

what feckin form!

i was in better form than him...and my knee is buggered.

he hadn't played a game for months before he joined us...the most stupid loan deal latics i can remember.

Fed up of signing loan strikers who can't play a full 90 mins (Byfield, Ormerod, Constantine etc).

Fed up of seeing Alessandra, our most creative front man, left out.

Didn't mind Byfield for the first 60 minutes he was on the pitch, but after that his legs had gone.

Ultimately most on this board know the problem lies in the chasm that sits between the midfield and the front two. Alessandra is the one player who has bridged that well this season.

Couldnt agree more

Stoke have signed Beattie for £2.5m.

Will Corney's 'trickle down' quote mean we get a trickle offer for Taylor?

(I base that on no inside knowledge, friend of a barmaid who overheard something in a pub or anonymous posts on www.gingerrumour.com).

Also, I haven't seen any ginger haired person talking to any other person in a red and white striped shirt in the Starbucks at the back of Tesco.

Edited by opinions4u

Demar Phillips.... won't his work permit shortly run out? only played 2 games for Stoke in the L cup.

Might be of interest IF Taylor does leave....hope not but only 50 mins to Bramhall Lane from Lees.

yep,thats the lad.

the work permit issue could work to latics advantage.

it will be in stoke city's interest ,as well as phillips's,to allow him to go,before it runs out.

ormerod...out of form?????

what feckin form!

i was in better form than him...and my knee is buggered.

he hadn't played a game for months before he joined us...the most stupid loan deal latics i can remember.

Yep again I think more TTA than Shez