Windass Signs until end of the season - confirmed by fishal website

Random tittle-tattle on 606.... Some Hull fans reckoning its an unnoficial 18 month deal with a perm 1 year contract on the table after this season.... and some barnsley fans saying they want Hughesy, which could be true seeing the ward transfer (agreed strangely for £400k - the magic number) fell though...

Anyway... probably all dross, but interesting... 606 Thread

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Random tittle-tattle on 606.... Some Hull fans reckoning its an unnoficial 18 month deal with a perm 1 year contract on the table after this season.... and some barnsley fans saying they want Hughesy, which could be true seeing the ward transfer (agreed strangely for £400k - the magic number) fell though...

Anyway... probably all dross, but interesting... 606 Thread

Dean's said in his column that was posted here earlier that there's a one year option after the loan deal expires.

Cracking signing IMO. Only one problem - all my grandchildren were born and still live in Hull, so they'll probably never speak to me again.

Let's just hope this keeps Hughesy at BP and let Bypass, er Byproduct, er Byebye, oh aye Byfield go back to Donny. Hughesy and Windy will terrorise defences in this division. :pow: As for 'Pool - :tongue1:

Footnote: Ian Holloway is reported as having turned Deano down when at QPR. Reason? - I've already got :censored:tu and Dudu, what the f*** do I want a Windyarse for? I think he was kidding. :grin:

:ktf:

This should be a fantastic signing. Must be costing TTA a few dollars (wont they getting more £ for their $ these days?) so hopefully he's here to play with Hughes rather than instead of him. :pray::deal:

Hughes and Windass....the hardest, most hated pairing in the division? Or just the best? :)

This should be a fantastic signing. Must be costing TTA a few dollars (wont they getting more £ for their $ these days?) so hopefully he's here to play with Hughes rather than instead of him. :pray::deal:

Hughes and Windass....the hardest, most hated pairing in the division? Or just the best? :)

Both.

Regarding whether Hughes will stay, i still think it's our decsion to make rather than being forced by money constraints. I think the departures of JP, Thompson and Byfield will have funded the Windass deal. I can't see 2 squad players leaving as being purely coincidental.

Regarding whether Hughes will stay, i still think it's our decsion to make rather than being forced by money constraints. I think the departures of JP, Thompson and Byfield will have funded the Windass deal. I can't see 2 squad players leaving as being purely coincidental.

It isn't a coincidence, but they weren't squad players. They were surplus to requirements and always leaving at the first opportunity.

Both.

Well as far as I can see, the decision has already been made. The contract is on the table. Up to Lee whether he signs or not. The signing of Windass doesnt change anything with the offered contract to hughesy.

... as you say... JP, Thommo, Byfield & O'Grady off the payroll = 1 Windass :) (and probably a similar combined weight)

Both.

Losing Hughes wouldn't hurt quite as much now though. Dont get me wrong, I'd love to see Taylor and Hughes both stay, but the realist in me thinks that TTA have to balance the books at some stage.

I keep thinking back to what SC said in his interview on LW. He was calculating the worth of Hughes for the rest of the season. After tomorrow, 21 games left. If Hughes picks up 3 more bookings (a given) then that totals 10, automatic 3 game ban. That leaves 18 games left. As he goes for free at the end of the season, a £400,000 offer works out to him potentially costing us £22,000 a game....plus his wages.

It's a tough one to call.

Losing Hughes wouldn't hurt quite as much now though. Dont get me wrong, I'd love to see Taylor and Hughes both stay, but the realist in me thinks that TTA have to balance the books at some stage.

I keep thinking back to what SC said in his interview on LW. He was calculating the worth of Hughes for the rest of the season. After tomorrow, 21 games left. If Hughes picks up 3 more bookings (a given) then that totals 10, automatic 3 game ban. That leaves 18 games left. As he goes for free at the end of the season, a £400,000 offer works out to him potentially costing us £22,000 a game....plus his wages.

It's a tough one to call.

Yes, but SC also said that we would not be brining anyone in because we don't need to :blink:

It isn't my money so it's easy for me to say and I'm not talking about anything on the Chris Moore scale, but I think we need to gamble a little to get ourselves out of this division. It looks like TTA are of the same thinking as well, they've given Hughes the best contract offer they could and have said players will only leave if the money is right.

It isn't my money so it's easy for me to say and I'm not talking about anything on the Chris Moore scale, but I think we need to gamble a little to get ourselves out of this division. It looks like TTA are of the same thinking as well, they've given Hughes the best contract offer they could and have said players will only leave if the money is right.

Can't really ask for much more can you? Their approach to this transfer trade window has been spot on IMO.

Yes, but SC also said that we would not be brining anyone in because we don't need to :blink:

But in hinddight, he could have said we would not be brining anyone in, we did not need to [bring in].

ie we needed to bring in a lump up front.

Class signing, statement of intent from TTA, but he has not played much this season,. An is getting on a lot, and Latics have bit of history with unfit players on loan. I just we dampen our expectations a little bit.

And also hope that he is a huge cult player for us too.

Agreed. V happy with TTA from day one to be honest. If anyone deserves their day out at Wembley that Windass eludes to, its them.

Agreed. V happy with TTA from day one to be honest. If anyone deserves their day out at Wembley that Windass eludes to, its them.

season long loan eh....if....and i say IF, hughes stays....this shows a serious commitment from tta's as regards us going up...

he is 40 years old and its always going to be a gamble,he could pick up a niggly injury in a weeks time etc etc...

but what i would like to see now is shez making a statement with team selection and putting some bloody pace on the flanks to fire crosses into these two on there day prolific strikers....you can have the best goal scorers in the world,but if the supply isnt there,there isnt much point.

I'm still on the fence about signing a 39 year old, but give credit to Latics for beating off competition for him, if he;s still got it then it could be a great signing. One thing is for sure, if Hughesy does leave (sadly it does look like that's the case) we need to play 4-3-2 with Taylor and Smalley playing wide off Windass, with the 3 packing out midfield we should fortify BP with that formation.

---------------------Fleming-----------

---Eardley------Gregan----Rubes-----Lomax

---------Maher-----Allott-----Whitaker-------

---Smalley----------------------------Taylor---

-------------------Windass----------------------

Now, all that's left is for Hughesy to get injured for 3 weeks but intial fears suggest end of season.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies