question ?

now latics have windass , what is the future of lee hughes as a latics player ? will the club sell him (i hope not ) or will shez get him to sign a new contract , i can see windass and hughesy being a great strike force for latics together

Edited by boboafc

now latics have windass , what is the future of lee hughes as a latics player ? will the club sell him (i hope not ) or will shez get him to sign a new contract , i can see windass and hughesy being a great strike force for latics together

It will be a great partnership. Not many teams in our league will be able to handle both of them.

Bob, as I see it, it shows how committed TTA are to get out of this division with the signing of such a good and respected player, hopefully this will show Hughesy and the rest of the team their (and Shez's) desire and it will filter through. I feel good times are ahead, not just because of this one signing but because of the position we are in at the half way point in the season. I can see Hughesy staying until the end of the season and then we will see.

Bob, as I see it, it shows how committed TTA are to get out of this division with the signing of such a good and respected player, hopefully this will show Hughesy and the rest of the team their (and Shez's) desire and it will filter through. I feel good times are ahead, not just because of this one signing but because of the position we are in at the half way point in the season. I can see Hughesy staying until the end of the season and then we will see.

Totally agree with that. we have just released two players and by using the money we have saved from their wages we have gone for a player who will give even more competition to what is turning out to be a great strkeforce.

hopefully shez can make another signing or two by tinkering with a few of the fringe players like he has done with COG.

I think the Windass signing opens up lots more options... and makes whether Hughesy stays or not even less of a concern...

Obviously, Windy and Hughesy would be an incredibly powerful (in more ways than one!) strikeforce at this level... but windass has proved time and again he can bulldoze any defence, and if not creating chances for himself... put things on a plate for someone else...

It should give all our strikers a much easier time... i'd even say him and wolfy would be a good partnership*

*ok, maybe not... however our reliance on hughesy should be over... and whomever plays next to him should look a better player.

From Lee Hughes' point of view i can only see it encouraging him to stay.

Full credit to TTA its really not like us to be shrugging off competition for signatures, theres a hell of a lot we've missed out on. It just shows we mean business and its exciting to see

I think that because Windass is a season long loan that TTA know they are going to loose Hughes. I hope that isnt the case as having Hughes, Windass, Davies and Lewis all fight and fighting for places is a good thing, but I think Hughes might be leaving us unfortunatley