Dean Windass signs

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Coco (just because :wink: ), oafc0000 (cos he's on some moral crusade or something), and Alec1954 (who let's face it is against everyone and everything right now).

Anyone else dead against Windass's signing?

:grin:

Definitely not. This is the same old same old. I am old enough to have seen Alan Grooves play for Bournemouth. I hated the tricky pi$$ taking diver. But just a minute, he's signed for the Latics. I was over the moon, and what a joy to watch in an Oldham shirt.

Once they pull on that shirt, I don't care who they are. They are playing for my team, and need my support.

leezy sez - same ole blox on here - no matter how much the club pull the tripe out to get best they can get, peepul will still alluz moan - i have always hated the fatty - coz he's bloomin been good against us - now he is a tic, i love the pudden - fingers crossed the pitch is ok and he is 13% fit to face the hangaz

Sorry about this I had to reply to this, I think some people need to take a chill pill and get on the boys side and support him. The fact is as a Bradford fan let me tell you something he is a damn good player and you got a wicked goalscorer here. Hes going to do well for you no doubt and can you imagine what him and Hughes will do cause havoc for other defences believe me, he is a very good player and yes I am his fan and still am off today we would love him back at Bradford so be grateful you got him cos he could send you up thats how good this man is.

Yes I was at the game he scored past you that season in 2005 when you could have gone down but you won us 2-1 that day to stay up and he has got vast amount of stick from the latic fans over the years as I have seen both at BP and Valley Parade.

But hey he is a latic support him and the rest you will see in the blue shirt. I will forever be his fan because he is a legend at Bradford City and if you guys notice he is our 3rd top scorer in our clubs history and has a tattoo labelled BCFC on his arm, He still comes to our home games and was at our recent one v Morecombe who we won 4-0.

Sorry about this I had to reply to this, I think some people need to take a chill pill and get on the boys side and support him. The fact is as a Bradford fan let me tell you something he is a damn good player and you got a wicked goalscorer here. Hes going to do well for you no doubt and can you imagine what him and Hughes will do cause havoc for other defences believe me, he is a very good player and yes I am his fan and still am off today we would love him back at Bradford so be grateful you got him cos he could send you up thats how good this man is.

Yes I was at the game he scored past you that season in 2005 when you could have gone down but you won us 2-1 that day to stay up and he has got vast amount of stick from the latic fans over the years as I have seen both at BP and Valley Parade.

But hey he is a latic support him and the rest you will see in the blue shirt. I will forever be his fan because he is a legend at Bradford City and if you guys notice he is our 3rd top scorer in our clubs history and has a tattoo labelled BCFC on his arm, He still comes to our home games and was at our recent one v Morecombe who we won 4-0.

I agree wi thi mucker but tha spellin an punk tuition is still a bit naff innit

Hopefully he will help stop us being bullied out of games so easily.

I hated him in opposition to us because he always gave us major problems and scored goals against us, if he can do the same to the opposition in a Latics shirt then that will do for me.

The club appear to have tried really hard to make this move happen and I hope it works out for us.

Edited by Hometownclub

he has caused us problems everytime he has played against us ... he has been booed and cursed .. swore at ... fouled and kicked his way into many a fans bad books. how brilliant is it he has the opportunity to do it for us ..... midfield the time is right for you to 'get the service right' ... and finally get the ball in the box from corners ... we have a man who scores from them... please Mr weather... be nice

So, Coco (just because :wink: ), oafc0000 (cos he's on some moral crusade or something), and Alec1954 (who let's face it is against everyone and everything right now).

Anyone else dead against Windass's signing?

:grin:

Coco said he was going to wait untill seeing him play...

As am I....although it seems to make sense from a football point of view. Nothing against us signing him for that reason. I just dont like the guy. I will support my team. I always do...

Read the other thread...not everyone thinks its a good signing...

Hughes & Windass up front :grin: now that sounds a real rough house pairing! full of goals and ready to terrorise defences

Unless Windass is in because Hughes is definately going? Still a massive coup when you think championship sides like Forest, Blackpool and Ipswich had all offered him terms :shock:

I appreciate people had picked things up on different websites but I am merely directing people to the official site for confirmation of what Alan H has done this evening.

Barry

Insert links next time Barry!!!!!!!

Like thus:-

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1514946,00.html

Well done the club in pulling it off.

Coco said he was going to wait untill seeing him play...

As am I....although it seems to make sense from a football point of view. Nothing against us signing him for that reason. I just dont like the guy. I will support my team. I always do...

Read the other thread...not everyone thinks its a good signing...

Here's an answer to your dilemna 0000, when he scores, jump up and down and even chant his name, but you don't have to take him out for dinner!! :wink:

Here's an answer to your dilemna 0000, when he scores, jump up and down and even chant his name, but you don't have to take him out for dinner!! :wink:

Bloody hell... could you imagine the bill....

Bet the club is mighty glad they scrapped feeding the players with Greegs, Norm & Windy in the side....

How about I just jump up and down and leave out the chant?

if hughes stays it could work very well...put everything aside,the only crime windass has ever done is score against us and wind us up.....we gave hughes a chance..

hughes has the legs and can play his natural game now...if he can shoot he will,if he cant he will lay it off.....the difference being is that windass isnt affraid to score,and knows where the net is.

How about I just jump up and down and leave out the chant?

:laught16:

That'll do!

To be fair, I don't think anyone should have a problem with your position. You don't like the fellah, doesn't really matter why, but you will support him and the team with him in it. That's far better than those (you know who you are) who will have inevitably already decided he's rubbish before he's kicked a ball for us.

:laught16:

That'll do!

To be fair, I don't think anyone should have a problem with your position. You don't like the fellah, doesn't really matter why, but you will support him and the team with him in it. That's far better than those (you know who you are) who will have inevitably already decided he's rubbish before he's kicked a ball for us.

:) Cheers...

:shock:

hmmmmm I'm gonna struggle with this, this could possibly be my worst nightmare come true.

Yes I know he has been/maybe still is a good player.

But he has been in my most hated players ever to visit Boundary Park, I've given him so much stick over the years its untrue. I have never ever wanted to see him in an Oldham shirt.

Now I've gotta change my opinion instantly!! Oh dear!! Thats quite hard for me.

I hope for the sake of the mighty Blues he bangs in an absolute hatful but please forgive me if I'm not singing his name straight away tomorrow cus I'm gonna feel a little hypocritical!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've gotta agree, I can't stand him. If he bags a few I might change my mind though!

:shock:

hmmmmm I'm gonna struggle with this, this could possibly be my worst nightmare come true.

Yes I know he has been/maybe still is a good player.

But he has been in my most hated players ever to visit Boundary Park, I've given him so much stick over the years its untrue. I have never ever wanted to see him in an Oldham shirt.

Now I've gotta change my opinion instantly!! Oh dear!! Thats quite hard for me.

I hope for the sake of the mighty Blues he bangs in an absolute hatful but please forgive me if I'm not singing his name straight away tomorrow cus I'm gonna feel a little hypocritical!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree, i cant stand the guy, and whats worse is that ive been in hull at uni for 3 years and have given Windass abuse to every hull fan i know, and know he will be pulling on a Latics shirt. Sad times