Ambition

I have often questioned the club's ambition. We have been in this league a long time, not spent big, and churned out amazing performances one week only to be bitterly disappointed the next. However, i think the signing of Windass shows the clubs ambition. I can imagine he had plenty of offers and is on very good money. Although some fans may be put off by his age and lack of matches, i think his quality will shine through and he can only strengthen the squad.

At the start of the season, if you had told me we would have Byfield, Hughes, Windass, and Davies as out 4 main strikers i would have laughed.

I´ll second that. Onwards and upwards.

byfields gone back....

still,like i posted elswhere....unless there is support from the flanks you can have the best strikers in the world,but wont score....

we have taylor on the left n liddell on the right,,for me we now have to move liddell and put pace on the right....either lewi,smalley or even davies....

we cant carry on with this lump it upfield mentality...play it into the front two on the floor and they will score more often than not.

byfields gone back....

still,like i posted elswhere....unless there is support from the flanks you can have the best strikers in the world,but wont score....

we have taylor on the left n liddell on the right,,for me we now have to move liddell and put pace on the right....either lewi,smalley or even davies....

we cant carry on with this lump it upfield mentality...play it into the front two on the floor and they will score more often than not.

Personally I like Liddell on the right. Yeah he's not as fast as he could have been, but with Eardley overlapping it's not the main problem. I think he's a good experienced player to have on the pitch and perhaps one of the most effective in set pieces/penalty situations.

Personally I like Liddell on the right. Yeah he's not as fast as he could have been, but with Eardley overlapping it's not the main problem. I think he's a good experienced player to have on the pitch and perhaps one of the most effective in set pieces/penalty situations.

so you would rather have liddell on the pitch just in case we get a penalty....he doesnt take corners anymore as he cant get it over the first man..he cant pass a player down the wing skin him and cross it in anymore....

so just in case we get a penny he should be there instead of allessandra or smalley....sorry...but we now have 2 proven goal scorers who need to be fed the ball,we need pace out wide to get the balls into them,im sorry but liddell just doesnt do that anymore...its always a 3 yard side or pass back these days

you cant afford to be sentimental when your going for promotion...

so you would rather have liddell on the pitch just in case we get a penalty....he doesnt take corners anymore as he cant get it over the first man..he cant pass a player down the wing skin him and cross it in anymore....

so just in case we get a penny he should be there instead of allessandra or smalley....sorry...but we now have 2 proven goal scorers who need to be fed the ball,we need pace out wide to get the balls into them,im sorry but liddell just doesnt do that anymore...its always a 3 yard side or pass back these days

Who said anything about sentimental? I just said i like him as a player and think he still has a role.

I think it is. TBH Hughes isn't half the player he was when he started for us last season. Something is not right with him....

yes but last season he kept breaking down with injuries...so didnt do a full season.

this season he has played a lot more and i think it might be as simple as he needs a rest....recharge his batterys so to speak.

either that or he knows this month is a tough month decision wise and its affected his game,by him wanting to do the right thing.

yes but last season he kept breaking down with injuries...so didnt do a full season.

this season he has played a lot more and i think it might be as simple as he needs a rest....recharge his batterys so to speak.

either that or he knows this month is a tough month decision wise and its affected his game,by him wanting to do the right thing.

Mmmm....well I'll leave it there I think. Let's just say I've never liked him, and I dislike him even more now....

Mmmm....well I'll leave it there I think. Let's just say I've never liked him, and I dislike him even more now....

you are entitled to your views....i must admit i couldnt believe we had signed him,but that was pulerel for non football reasons...

i will never sit in the stands chanting his name....however if he scores im as excited as most are and will acknowledge the goal by clapping.

may i enquire as to why you hate him more now than you did previously??? or is it something you have heard.

Alessandra and Smalley may be quicker than Lids but they certainly cant feed the strikers better than him. The problem Lids has is since Wellens left we haven't had anyone who can get the ball out to him whilst he's in space, its normally passed from taylor to allott to eardley then to Lids and by that time the defenders have moved over and as you have said Lids can't run past them anymore, if Maher is going to get a run in the team now then perhaps that might change.

I do like Smalley (though personally i see his future playing through the middle but he needs to toughen up) but with Taylor on the left whos crosses arent the best we need someone on the right who can put the ball in the box consistantly and Smalley cant do that.

Oh no! Now even Rummy is being sucked in to irrational dislikes of players - you are reading this board too much mate :wink:

I know what you mean though... even my rose tinted specs have been adjusted a little recently, he just doesnt seem to have that magic that swept me up in that run of 8 away wins last season....

Oh well... still rather have him in our team than anyone elses...

... as for Liddell... well, i'd rather play a wheeliebin on the right wing than him, if theres a good wind behind it it will give us more movement.... what was that I was saying about irrational dislikes of players....? :blink:

:wink:

Edited by BigfinLatic