Noel Gallagher says Latics fans are actually City fans..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don;t hate City or anyone for that matter, but I always want City to beat United.

Reckon it's the other way round though, City fans are repressed Tics...

The same sucess without the hope or deluded expectation.

Edited by singe

how many city fans would turn up if we got to wembley ?

Yes, I agree. Only thing I hate about City is that their ground is far too close to ours now. When they are doing well, which might never happen, are they going to take fans from us due to their uncomfortably close geographical position?

Oh, nearly forgot, Noel Gallagher should shut his gob. How many Latics fan did he survey before he came out with this crap?

Yes, I agree. Only thing I hate about City is that their ground is far too close to ours now. When they are doing well, which might never happen, are they going to take fans from us due to their uncomfortably close geographical position?

Oh, nearly forgot, Noel Gallagher should shut his gob. How many Latics fan did he survey before he came out with this crap?

Forgot to say, I was referring to our part timer fans. The ones who only go to BP if it's a sunny day, there is a cheap ticket deal or it's a huge cup tie or something.

two points of note

1. city is only £5 more expensive than us

2. the 76 bus runs from oldham and can drop you ten mins from the ground, which is how far lots latics fans can get from our ground on one bus journey. there may even be another bus which gets you closer.

summary

hes bored, and maybe a bit bugged at constantly being referred to as the inspirals' roadie

The rarely wrong Chron caught up with this story by 14th January.

Diane Mellor, a director of Oldham Athletic Supporters Trust, described Noel’s pop at the Boundary Park club as a typical wind-up, and said: “Oldham Athletic Supporters In the South, known as OASIS, was founded in the 1980s and as the band wasn’t formed until the nineties could it be they took the name from that organisation?

“In that case it could be that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So could Noel really be a Latics fan in disguise?”

Graham Lambert [inspiral Carpets] was also amused by Noel’s comments, referring to it as an off-the-cuff remark.

He said: “I find it funny and am certainly not offended by it. What annoys me most is the reference that he thinks I am a Latics fan because he knows I am one from our days on the road together.

“Latics are not the best supported club due to the close proximity to Manchester, but our small band of fans stick by the club through thick and thin, and there has been more thin.”

Graham, who is still involved in the music business helping promote bands, believes Noel’s beloved City are in danger of becoming disliked, even despised.

He explained: “City were often people’s second favourite team, but that could be about to change after becoming the world’s richest club.”

SO THIS IS HOW IT FEELS TO BE DISLIKED

THIS IS HOW IT FEELS TO BE DESPISED

The rarely wrong Chron caught up with this story by 14th January.

Diane Mellor, a director of Oldham Athletic Supporters Trust, described Noel’s pop at the Boundary Park club as a typical wind-up, and said: “Oldham Athletic Supporters In the South, known as OASIS, was founded in the 1980s and as the band wasn’t formed until the nineties could it be they took the name from that organisation?

“In that case it could be that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So could Noel really be a Latics fan in disguise?”

Graham Lambert [inspiral Carpets] was also amused by Noel’s comments, referring to it as an off-the-cuff remark.

He said: “I find it funny and am certainly not offended by it. What annoys me most is the reference that he thinks I am a Latics fan because he knows I am one from our days on the road together.

“Latics are not the best supported club due to the close proximity to Manchester, but our small band of fans stick by the club through thick and thin, and there has been more thin.”

Graham, who is still involved in the music business helping promote bands, believes Noel’s beloved City are in danger of becoming disliked, even despised.

He explained: “City were often people’s second favourite team, but that could be about to change after becoming the world’s richest club.”

SO THIS IS HOW IT FEELS TO BE DISLIKED

THIS IS HOW IT FEELS TO BE DESPISED

Wrong thread Mr S

Inspirals

I reckon latics fans should do more with the Inspirals link - 'this is how it feels' could be a great Oldham supporters tune -

ok have a stab

"this is how feels to be oldham "

"this is how it feels to be small"

"this is how it feels when your team keeps winning phuq all "

just enough self depricating humour to keep the moaners happy there ????