Gosh Warney we loved you too...

Taken from the February FourFourTwo magazine:

Yeovil's Paul Warne admits he was so devastated to leave Oldham that he drove to a nearby B&Q carpark and cried his eyes out. "I was devastated to leave and I never hid that," he said.

Compare and contrast Mr Warne's attitude with that of a certain Mr Porter (amongst others). Yes I came to exactly that conclusion too.

Good on you Paul!

Taken from the February FourFourTwo magazine:

Yeovil's Paul Warne admits he was so devastated to leave Oldham that he drove to a nearby B&Q carpark and cried his eyes out. "I was devastated to leave and I never hid that," he said.

Compare and contrast Mr Warne's attitude with that of a certain Mr Porter (amongst others). Yes I came to exactly that conclusion too.

Good on you Paul!

Yeah, but it freed up space in the side for Ricketts!

Yeovil's Paul Warne admits he was so devastated to leave Oldham that he drove to a nearby B&Q car park and cried his eyes out.

People who park there on matchdays should take note, saves queuing to get out for half an hour after the game. 'Boo hoo we drew to Yeovil at home' etc

It was dissappointing the way (according to reports) his time with us ended, and hopefully the powers that be will have reflected on that - how many times do we hear about players, "showing loyalty," (Porter, Hughes, Beckett (whilst he was a Shef Utd player FFS!)) yet the boot was on the other foot there. I think he would have been a useful squad player the season after we let him go but not a first choice in a promotion seeking team.

Ran all day.

Poor player overall though.

I was sad to see him go. Didn't he score 11 in his last season and get fans player of the season? then davies arrived and 11 goals was good enough to get him top scorer?! I might be wrong but it's the way i remember it. Would've liked to see him stay but then again, it gave a chance for lewi to come through.

Decent player - top bloke!

If only the rest had the same attitude as him.Always chased and got balls others couldnt be arsed to chase.Always gave 100%.Proper player imo and deserved another contract.Glad hes doing ok for himself.If only other players wore their hearts on their sleeves for us and bled like Warnie did .

There was too much hero worshipping made of an average player when he was here and now we're at it again :rolleyes:

I like players who love the club and fans and give everything in a match.

Hero worship my erse

Recognition of a top bloke and decent player.

On the other hand Chris Porter, good goalscorer but a complete w....

:icon_gay:

PS: Heard CP wants to join Hearts, I'm in Edinburgh will keep an eye out for him :rifle: :rifle: :Scotland:

Slow with the news 4-4-2. Didn't this stuff come out when he first returned last season?

Enthusiastic player, very lively and, in terms of effort, up there with Ernie Cooksey, Eyres etc.

One of the funniest moments in recent years was last season when he came on against us, hero's welcome, his first touch.........BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. All tongue in cheek, obviously.

I like players who love the club and fans and give everything in a match. So do I

Hero worship my erse. I'm sorry but i've never seen so much unjustified flailing of the arms up in the air as we did for this guy. Was he from mecca?

Recognition of a top bloke and decent player. Amongst many others!

On the other hand Chris Porter, good goalscorer but a complete w.... Who would have promoted us with his goals and not his honest endeavour

:icon_gay:

PS: Heard CP wants to join Hearts, I'm in Edinburgh will keep an eye out for him :rifle: :rifle: :Scotland:I don't think he'll give a threepenny bit!

Edited by futchers briefs

True!

Just checked his stats - played in most games this season and scored 4 goals. Not bad for an old timer who doesn't know the meaning of conserving energy. :grin:

liked him a lot, but celebrated a bit to much when he scored this season.

respect goes both ways.

lazy bastrard :wink: