Gosh Warney we loved you too...

So to add my own bit (like you want to hear it). Warne is in my top 3 favourite players of the last ten years, along with Gregan (favourite) and Wellens (2nd), and I like to think for good reason. Whether it is for walking off at Gillingham clapping us or every moment he put in more effort than any player I've seen (including Ernie). I think he's great and wish him all the best in the small career that now remains.

NB. I would have released him too, just not in the same manner.

So to add my own bit (like you want to hear it). Warne is in my top 3 favourite players of the last ten years, along with Gregan (favourite) and Wellens (2nd), and I like to think for good reason. Whether it is for walking off at Gillingham clapping us or every moment he put in more effort than any player I've seen (including Ernie). I think he's great and wish him all the best in the small career that now remains.

Last Ten Years???

What about Sheridan, Eyres and the likes of Stretch,Onesize,Clint Hill and Hughsey?

Here here Simon!!! He's up there for me too......and I'll do as much ''flailing of my arms up in the air'' as I wish to.............. :imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy:

Think with Warney we can be in Danger of letting our Hearts rule our Heads.Terrific, Commited Clubman and,having met him a few times,a very nice Guy and a bit of a Character with it.

When my Mate Sponsored Ricky Butchers Kit, the Club put Warney on our Table at the end of season do as Ricky was far too shy to sit on a Table full of Strangers.Warney Revelled in it and as a result got himself a Kit Sponsor for the following Season!

He was sat with us at the end of that Season and was quietly confident he would get a contract going off the amount of awards he won.The rest is History,Think we got him at the right time when he was at a Physical and Mental Peak where he punched above his weight,would have been a hard act to follow the next season.

Edited by BLUMAX

it amazes me that people have warney in their top three players, in the last 10 years, 5 years or even less. The guy ran a lot and that was it. Rotheram fans liked him for the same reason. However at the end of the day you wont get promoted with people you run a lot otherwise tipton would still be our star striker. Warney had limited ability and his record this year proves that.

oh and i agree with palmer1 if it meant so much to him he shouldnt have celebrated so much after scoring against us - did you see Curtis Davis on Saturday againt West Brom?