guess why i hate....

When I first went to Uni my neighbours in halls were all quite posh (posher than me anyway) and when one introduced himself he said 'You can call me Wog' and I said 'I can't call you that'. He may have been joking (but actually I don't think so with hindsight), but it was fairly clear that his nickname at school was Wog. He went to a posh public/private school (one posh enough that I'd heard of it prior to uni) in London (no not Eton). It does seem that if taken in the right way having a slightly racist nickname is not uncommon amongst the upper class and who is it that has complained is it the induvidual concerned or is it some busy body with too much time on their hands who doesn't understand that sometime this happens. I'm not saying that it is right but I'm certainly saying its not as bad as people make out.

I'm not sue how politically correct that would be Diego :lol:

I'm no expert, unlike leeslover, but I'm lead to believe that buggary is compulsory in public schools, especially in London. The nicknames they give each other when doing it probably ignore politically correct niceties.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Paki is not racist. Its only seen as racist because people have used it in that way. I have not seen the video so can't see what he did. I think its the way he did it and l have not seen it. By the report it seems he has done no wrong

Edited by spadam

Paki is not racist. Its only seen as racist because people have used it in that way. I have not seen the video so can't see what he did. I think its the way he did it and l have not seen it. By the report it seems he has done no wrong

Paki is to pakistani what brit is to british....its the way that majority use paki in a derogitory fashion that if used in any term it is a negative...

You certainly must wonder if he really is from Phillips bloodline.

Nah, he is a Spencer-Hewitt, no royal blood in him. However he is clearly 100% upper class and as such has all the associated baggage this brings. Hopefully he will be hung out to dry over this but he won't, slap on the wrist, blame it on hi s youth as it was a few years ago and carry on. But if you take it in addition with the nazi uniform and the attitudes and comments of his notional grandfather the full sorry picture isn't pretty.

The amount of press this is getting is a joke.

Prince Harry is a young lad (and remember that this happened 3 years ago) who has had a very privledged upbringing but also tragically lost his mum as a kid. He has, through his upbringing been subjected to every temptation imaginable. Despite this he appears a decent enough guy. Yes, he makes a few mistakes but who doesn't.

This comment seems to have been taken completely out of context. He doesn't refer to someone as a 'Paki', he refers to them as 'my Paki friend' which gives the impression it is not supposed to be derogatory.

The other lad is from Pakistan. The term Paki is only offensive (in my opinion) when used as a word to describe a group of Asians, not all of Pakistani origin as it becomes a term suggesting that 'they are all the same'

It should also be remembered that this was a private discussion that was never supposed to be broadcast to the world. I'm sure there are not many people who can claim never to have said anything in private that some might take offence to.