Set-pieces Windass

Watching Deano's back catalogue on Latics World. Regularly scores free-kicks, looks like we're finally going to be a threat week in week out from these for the first time since Eyresy's days here. Yes he's an old man but i'm excited about his signing, he may prove to be the catalyst we need in taking that extra-step. Like Eyres the way he looks after himself and trains should have a positive effect on the rest of the squad.

Edited by oafcprozac

Watching Deano's back cattalogue on Latics World. Regularly scores free-kicks, looks like we're finally going to be a threat week in week out from these for the first time since Eyresy's days here. yes he's an old man but i'm excited about his signing, he may prove to be the catalyst we need in taking that extra-step. Like Eyres the way he looks after himself and trains should have a positive effect on the rest of the squad.

could be a hold the ball up player and lay it off for hughsey at first i think, but he will be in a rush to get the 2 goals he needs to score 200 league goals. :grin:

could be a hold the ball up player and lay it off for hughsey at first i think, but he will be in a rush to get the 2 goals he needs to score 200 league goals. :grin:

IF Hughes is around long enough! Still, as others have said whether he's been signed to play with slap-head or as his replacement - i'm satisfied either way.

Remember one of the many twitchy arse times we have had to endure, he was responsible for one of them. Last game of 2004-2005 season vs bradford, we needed to win to stay up, he made it 1-1 with a beauty of a free kick.

I'm sure it was twice taken as well, remember the first one hit the wall, ref ordered a retake and the bugger nailed it into the bottom corner. His celebration in front of the mainstand was a tad naughty too, indicating we were going down!

Watching Deano's back catalogue on Latics World. Regularly scores free-kicks, looks like we're finally going to be a threat week in week out from these for the first time since Eyresy's days here. Yes he's an old man but i'm excited about his signing, he may prove to be the catalyst we need in taking that extra-step. Like Eyres the way he looks after himself and trains should have a positive effect on the rest of the squad.

where abouts are they on LW

where abouts are they on LW

Video Search, drop down menus for every club and every player. Just go through Hull 07-08 & 06/07 and Bradford from 06/07 back. Loads of Deano's goals and more evidence of when this guy hits a ball it stays hit. Very good in the air too for his size.

More than taking them, we're going to be a real threat when we get ANY free kick in and around the last half of the field. Always remember whenever we played against him dreading us conceding a free kick or a corner.

Big, physical and pretty clinical to boot. I think to be aged 39 and play in the Premiership proves you don't get to do that without looking after your body. Think a 6 month loan is enough for him and us, and it will be fantastic to see him sign off with his 200 goal milestone well passed.

Remember one of the many twitchy arse times we have had to endure, he was responsible for one of them. Last game of 2004-2005 season vs bradford, we needed to win to stay up, he made it 1-1 with a beauty of a free kick.

I remember that game, some opposition players in those circumstances would take it easy but not him he was pushing us all the way

More than taking them, we're going to be a real threat when we get ANY free kick in and around the last half of the field. Always remember whenever we played against him dreading us conceding a free kick or a corner.

Big, physical and pretty clinical to boot. I think to be aged 39 and play in the Premiership proves you don't get to do that without looking after your body. Think a 6 month loan is enough for him and us, and it will be fantastic to see him sign off with his 200 goal milestone well passed.

If it works out there's the option of another year built into the contract. Deano himself mentions this on in his blog. So if we do get promoted he'll be useful to have around being one of few players we have with relevant experience. Just hope slaphead at least affords us the privilege of his presence until the end of the season.

I'm sure it was twice taken as well, remember the first one hit the wall, ref ordered a retake and the bugger nailed it into the bottom corner. His celebration in front of the mainstand was a tad naughty too, indicating we were going down!

Yes ref moved the free kick forwards 10 yards to just outside area, scores 2nd attempt bottom left corner