Windass interview

Can't help thinking it sounds a bit like Sean "I've come here to score goals" McCarthy :unsure:

To be fair the Prem was a step too far for Super Sean (his stunner at Old Trafford apart) when he finally had a settled partner in Stitch during 94/95, they scored 31 goals between them - fat arse scoring 18, the best total until Beckett scored 18 in 05/06 (11 seasons!) A lot of us slagged McCarthy off but when he finally left the club we truly realised what a presence he was and I've never known us have a striker that made so many keepers make mistakes! Stoke, Derby, Portsmouth etc...

To be fair the Prem was a step too far for Super Sean (his stunner at Old Trafford apart) when he finally had a settled partner in Stitch during 94/95, they scored 31 goals between them - fat arse scoring 18, the best total until Beckett scored 18 in 05/06 (11 seasons!) A lot of us slagged McCarthy off but when he finally left the club we truly realised what a presence he was and I've never known us have a striker that made so many keepers make mistakes! Stoke, Derby, Portsmouth etc...

Yet another centre forward we've seen at bp who scored goals, yet criticised harshly

Spot on with that

Also love the fact Windass has picked himself:)!

And its lucky we had the game called off as we didnt have to see Byfield for one more minute in an Oldham shirt

Tonight we will see the difference in class

I was wondering this morning cos my thoughts on Byfield are he didn't quite do enough for me to get a contract, yet he could be sat in the Donny changing rooms thinkin, "I can't believe am here, I never lost in an Oldham shirt.........just what do they want?"

Still I hope Dean comes in with a bang tonight and not a whimper. What a contrast in styles Dean and Byfiled have.

I was wondering this morning cos my thoughts on Byfield are he didn't quite do enough for me to get a contract, yet he could be sat in the Donny changing rooms thinkin, "I can't believe am here, I never lost in an Oldham shirt.........just what do they want?"

He could well be. The answer to his question would be wins :grin:

Oh and shots on target.

Still I hope Dean comes in with a bang tonight and not a whimper. What a contrast in styles Dean and Byfiled have.

I hope he is sat in the Donny dressing room thinking.....If only I had scored more than one goal....

I hope he is sat in the Donny dressing room thinking.....If only I had scored more than one goal....

...or sat thinking "I Hope I get on/play today...after a two months at Oldham i'm never going to whinge about crap service ever again... thank god for Richie Wellens!"

:wink:

And sat here thinking about the match tonight, like him or not Windass as got the match buzzing...and that speaks volumes. Hope he hits the ground running and spurs the side onto a great second half to the season.

Agree with that - we are in a decent position at the halfwaypoint in the season - if we have a great Jan through May then we can go close - Windass is an immense signing if last night is indicative - just hope we don't lose too many before Feb 2 :lol: