F.A.O Mr John Sheridan

I'd play

Fleming

Lomax Gregan Hazell Eardley

Taylor Maher Whittaker Liddell

Hughes Windass

Subs: Stam, Lee, Smalley, Alessandra, Davies

Other than getting your left and rights mixed up :wink: I'd be stunned if that isn't the starting line-up tonight...

The extra day between fixtures would comfortably mean that any thoughts of not going 442/playing Andy Liddell/Whits would have been comfortably erased from Sheridans mind...

Other than getting your left and rights mixed up :wink: I'd be stunned if that isn't the starting line-up tonight...

The extra day between fixtures would comfortably mean that any thoughts of not going 442/playing Andy Liddell/Whits would have been comfortably erased from Sheridans mind...

I wouldn't be surprised either, the tactical genius that I am! :lol:

Just think Lids crosses may be more appreciative now we've got Windass upfront, someone at last to attack them. He's had a rest from the stating lineup so should be a lot fresher. If it isn't working hopefully Shez will utilize his bench earlier than usual. Hartlepool's defence is incredibly leaky as well, so long as we can stop their attack think we'll get the chances to win with a 442 formation. 433 might be a little suicidal, especially if the midfield is a bit powderpuff.

so barring taylor, absolutely no pace from midfield ye great team, and 10 men with pointer. liddell and maher get shut, both give the team nothing, get smalley and lee in to support the old lads up top for gods sake,! do people not see it?! (and shez for that matter)

Number of league games Maher has started? 7.

Number of league games he has lost? 0.

so barring taylor, absolutely no pace from midfield ye great team, and 10 men with pointer. liddell and maher get shut, both give the team nothing, get smalley and lee in to support the old lads up top for gods sake,! do people not see it?! (and shez for that matter)

It's great having all that pace but can they do anything else once they have the ball? Don't think Lee is all that pacey myself. I'd give Lids an hour and if we're not winning drag him off for Smalley, his pace will be of greater use when Hartlepool are tiring.

Why bar Taylor? :lol: He and Eardley provide this precious pace from the midfield! Maher doesn't cross halfway. The day Shez picks a midfield 3 of Smalley, Lee and Taylor is the day I call for his head! :)

Why does Lidds constantly get slated for pointing (interestingly it often tends to be from posters who believe pace is the most important attribute in a player/team), when, on the whole, the team is often criticised for having a lack of leadership and communication?!? He get's a really raw deal off some......rate him or not, Shez picks him and he always does his best. By all means identify his limitations but lets not slate him for being vocal and showing a little leadership and guidence to our young players. Bafoons.

Why bar Taylor? :lol: He and Eardley provide this precious pace from the midfield! Maher doesn't cross halfway. The day Shez picks a midfield 3 of Smalley, Lee and Taylor is the day I call for his head! :)

Why does Lidds constantly get slated for pointing (interestingly it often tends to be from posters who believe pace is the most important attribute in a player/team), when, on the whole, the team is often criticised for having a lack of leadership and communication?!? He get's a really raw deal off some......rate him or not, Shez picks him and he always does his best. By all means identify his limitations but lets not slate him for being vocal and showing a little leadership and guidence to our young players. Bafoons.

Since when was pointing 'vocal' ?

... thinking about it, I too oriinally scoffed at Shefflatic's suggestion... but i''d rather have a midfield of Smalley, lee and Tayls than having an Andy Liddell anywhere near the side...

... and yes I do think pace is very important. The second thing is not to be crap. So seeing Liddell is slow and crap I dont rate him very much. :wink:

Since when was pointing 'vocal' ?

... thinking about it, I too oriinally scoffed at Shefflatic's suggestion... but i''d rather have a midfield of Smalley, lee and Tayls than having an Andy Liddell anywhere near the side...

... and yes I do think pace is very important. The second thing is not to be crap. So seeing Liddell is slow and crap I dont rate him very much. :wink:

He points whilst shouting, it's all communication. And he aint crap, he's just past his best and hence a squad player in league 1 rather than a top Championship player. He still has a role as he has proved this season.

I agree pace is very important, ney, essential, to have within the team......preferably on the wings too :wink: However 'not being crap' is by far and away the more most important attribute. Tell me, J.P Kalala or John Sheridan? :tongue1: