Tonights Weather

Off topic, I used to love the rain at latics, because I always used to think that we could stick it to the "Southern Softies". My opinion was changed a few seasons ago when we were comfortably winning one nil, then during a 5 minute torrential downpour we conceded 2 goals and lost the game 2-1. Anyone know the game?

Edited by slurms mckenzie

Off topic, I used to love the rain at latics, because I always used to think that we could stick it to the "Southern Softies". My opinion was changed a few seasons ago when we were comfortably winning one nil, then during a 5 minute torrential downpour we conceded 2 goals and lost the game 2-1. Anyone know the game?

MK Dons with an Izzy McLeod double?

Suicidal Eddy back pass. Did it even rain? I don't know.

Yup. A big black cloud covered BP, which with irony it was over us for the time the two goals were scored and then cleared after the damage was done. But wasn't it Wycombe?

No, definitely MKDons, it's pretty much where our playoff hopes ended. Beckett put us 1-0 with a penalty then that dark cloud covered us, it rained like it's never rained before, they score two, the cloud clears and we lost 2-1.

Your wrong Diego... It will have put quite a few off if you took notice of the weather about 5ish by the time its passed over its too late.

I was in Oldham all day. Heavy showers were forecast for the afternoon. The heavy rain had stopped long before the time when local people start thinking about heading to BP. There is never any problem with surface water on the pitch and it was a mild night, so perfect conditions for playing and watching.

I think that threads speculating that the game could be washed out are playing into the hands of those looking for an excuse not to attend.

Some time ago Shez said let's be positive, and I think that also includes knocking on the head scaremongering weather forecasts.

No, definitely MKDons, it's pretty much where our playoff hopes ended. Beckett put us 1-0 with a penalty then that dark cloud covered us, it rained like it's never rained before, they score two, the cloud clears and we lost 2-1.

Oh god was that when Paul Edwards did that amazing pass to Mcleod?

according to family back in Oldham will be mostly hissing it down very hard, so wrap up well.

Would not be suprised if it was washed out with the rain I could see on the webcam. Torrential downpour to say the least.

Hope not but not one for the softies.

Well, I for one was glad I read this thread - I was thinking about turning up at Ice Station Zebra...........er..........I mean BP, for a night game in mid Jan in shorts and flip flops.

Thanks Greganator. :wacko:

Well, I for one was glad I read this thread - I was thinking about turning up at Ice Station Zebra...........er..........I mean BP, for a night game in mid Jan in shorts and flip flops.

Thanks Greganator. :wacko:

Its a pleasure dan don't forget the sun cream next time and your flippers just in case :grin:

As for Diego ....whats up with you at the moment :angry: Pedant. getting worse...... Get your eyes tested and a watch, it was absolutely bucketing down in Oldham at 5.45 pm so much so that some roads BADLY flooded. Not unlikely that a hard frozen pitch that has just about thawed MIGHT not take so much rain as it would do usually. As for attendance I regret putting off the 3000+ who failed to turn up at short notice on a Jan Monday night WHO ALL READ THIS BOARD......Its all my fault..... Geeeeez! :shock::grin:

Its a pleasure dan don't forget the sun cream next time and your flippers just in case :grin:

As for Diego ....whats up with you at the moment :angry: Pedant. getting worse...... Get your eyes tested and a watch, it was absolutely bucketing down in Oldham at 5.45 pm so much so that some roads BADLY flooded. Not unlikely that a hard frozen pitch that has just about thawed MIGHT not take so much rain as it would do usually. As for attendance I regret putting off the 3000+ who failed to turn up at short notice on a Jan Monday night WHO ALL READ THIS BOARD......Its all my fault..... Geeeeez! :shock::grin:

Pedant my arse! Which local people start heading for BP at 5:45pm? It's all too easy to speculate that games will be off due to the weather. Why do that and risk even one person believing you?

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

FFS!!!! Diego lighten up. Whats the setting off a 5.45 got to do with it? If you think my post would influence anyone not to go you are in cloud cuckoo land. Was just suprised with the amount of rain falling at that time which in my opinion (which I am entiltled to MIGHT have caused problems at BP on top of a thawing pitch. ) Not scaremongering at all just stating a fact it was pissing down 4 miles from Boundary Park. Great we played great we won, crap crowd was it ever going to be more at short notice NO!

FFS!!!! Diego lighten up. Whats the setting off a 5.45 got to do with it? If you think my post would influence anyone not to go you are in cloud cuckoo land. Was just suprised with the amount of rain falling at that time which in my opinion (which I am entiltled to MIGHT have caused problems at BP on top of a thawing pitch. ) Not scaremongering at all just stating a fact it was pissing down 4 miles from Boundary Park. Great we played great we won, crap crowd was it ever going to be more at short notice NO!

Your's is not the first but the latest 'weather cloud' cast over a game. We've even had one 18 days ahead of Hereford! If we don't get any more, my efforts will have been worthwhile.