well done

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You beat me to it Dean...Was about to say the same. Was very happy to see Neal give it back...used to be of the ilk that players shouldn't respond but when it's as brainless and as direct as that abuse was, it's totally out of order. Does absolutely no good whatsoever...there's no possible reason why it would help so why do it. The group of them were :censored: pathetic! Glad Neal told him what he thought!

Guest sheridans_world
You beat me to it Dean...Was about to say the same. Was very happy to see Neal give it back...used to be of the ilk that players shouldn't respond but when it's as brainless and as direct as that abuse was, it's totally out of order. Does absolutely no good whatsoever...there's no possible reason why it would help so why do it. The group of them were :censored: pathetic! Glad Neal told him what he thought!

He gave it back? Well done Neal. Glad he did that.

He had a poor game I thought, made a few simple errors but once again, he's jumped on straight away.

I even heard Windass cop for some abuse, he cant even get his debut out of the way.

Then some - 'Just popping to my first (and last) game of the season' bloke started complaining about the crowd. Lets put it this way, he may have been before this season, but he hasnt sat anywhere near me before.

Grrrr :rant.sml:

He gave it back? Well done Neal. Glad he did that.

He had a poor game I thought, made a few simple errors but once again, he's jumped on straight away.

I even heard Windass cop for some abuse, he cant even get his debut out of the way.

Then some - 'Just popping to my first (and last) game of the season' bloke started complaining about the crowd. Lets put it this way, he may have been before this season, but he hasnt sat anywhere near me before.

Grrrr :rant.sml:

first half we was fine,played some decent balls good positioning and distribution only a couple of his trademark off cue passes..

second half it was like somebody had swapped bodies....hartlepool sussed it straight away that he was the weak link and ran it at him all half....he could of stopped it by putting in trademark block tackles and not letting them get past him,but he didnt....

the only abuse i heard was about 5 or 6 people saying for gods sake neal tackle the bloody guy,clear it....then i saw him mouth something 4 or 5 times then gesture....

for me he shouldnt have done it,no matter how much stick you get you dont cross that line and bring yourself down to others level....rise above it,put a few good tackles in,win the ball,create a few openings and they will soon be cheering again...

now he has done it and gave it back he can expect plaenty more of the same,where as if he hadnt responded he would be fine.

The thing is, he makes errors, but they are very rarely defensive errors. He's solid at the back, his passing might be crap but if he had a better cross then he really wouldn't be playing for us.

Neal, solid at the back as ever.....more than I can say about Lomax, who these Eardley boo boys think is 100x better than Neal when that's really not the case. Lomax does make defensive errors, quite a lot, but doesn't get punished for them.

now he has done it and gave it back he can expect plaenty more of the same,where as if he hadnt responded he would be fine.

That's a load of hairy danglies. The abuse he gets is out of order, only 20 or 21 and if he ties his boots with one lace shorter than the other he gets abuse.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Chris Makin. Not good enough for some Latics fans yet since leaving us he played at least one league higher up, usually 2 leagues.

The thing is, he makes errors, but they are very rarely defensive errors. He's solid at the back, his passing might be crap but if he had a better cross then he really wouldn't be playing for us.

Neal, solid at the back as ever.....more than I can say about Lomax, who these Eardley boo boys think is 100x better than Neal when that's really not the case. Lomax does make defensive errors, quite a lot, but doesn't get punished for them.

I thought Eards had a decent game today, he looked dangerous going forward in the 1st half. I think he was let down by smalley in the 2nd half whose concentration went out of the window in the latter stages.

Is that a whoosh? He gets 100% :censored: week in week out from certain people who can't wait for him to get something wrong. He could be MOM 5 games running and there would be people waiting for his first bad pass to start it off again.

Eardley is ten times the player Lomax can ever hope to be.

Didnt think Eardley was too bad at all today and there was very little abuse directed towards him from my section which is unusual so its sad to hear he was still getting abused from others. Its quite sad the amount of abuse our so called fans give one of our best young players.

There is certainly room for improvement in Eardleys, game, and yes he does make mistakes, but surely anyone with an ounce of football knowledge can see that Eardley has the talent, which if nutured correctly will lead to him having a very succesful career. Probably at a higher level than we are likely to achieve. Thats why he attracts the interest and Lomax doesnt. Lomax for me is fulfilling his potential here at Oldham, Eardley can go a lot further. It is astonishing the amount of crap that gets spouted by many in the crowd from those who think they know it all. I for one am proud that a club like ours can produce players of Eardley and Taylors quality and think we should get behind them as much as possible with the hope that they can carry on improving here which will benefit us not only now but in the future if we manage to sell them on for big transfer fees.

Is that a whoosh? He gets 100% :censored: week in week out from certain people who can't wait for him to get something wrong. He could be MOM 5 games running and there would be people waiting for his first bad pass to start it off again.

no its not a whoosh....

like i said first half he was solid,second he wasnt,but wouldnt put a tackle in and didnt help himself....

at the end of the day he is a proffessional football player who gets paid a kings ransom to run round enjoying himself twice a week....he shouldnt do it simple as....

rightly or wrongly people pay there money to watch the team and are entitled to have an opinion about players,tactics style of play and vice versa...everybody knows up and down the leagues players get abuse week in and week out,and the only way to stop it is to play consistantly and get on with it....not by being as pathetic as his knockers and giving it back....after all he can run round allnight thinking how lucky he is to get paid what he does instead of sat watching earning a paltry salary in the real world.

I was sat virtually to the side of the gentlemen who gave Neil the hairdryer treatment and I have got to say it was totally out of character for him. Whats even more alarming is that these individuals are grown up season ticket holders not the usual little chav feckers.

I agree with most in this thread 'that this does not help his confidence' and god knows I think Neil is finding his way back to form......but I can't help thinking Neil should not direct a feck off (3 times over a 5 min period) at the left hand side of Chaddy without recieving a tirade of abuse back.

I certainly do not condone this but he just needs to keep his head down and finish the job.

Did anyone see Greegs rant at Neil for allowing the winger past him for their goal................i am convince this is a catalyst for the the mindless few in the crowd.

Message for Neil, keep your head up son and keep demanding the football..........only brave players want to play football from the back when the chips are down.

like i said first half he was solid,second he wasnt,but wouldnt put a tackle in and didnt help himself....

Sorry Ed, not getting at you, nowt personal or anything but that is bollocks, he did tackle second half, that sliding one where he even managed to win the throw too - thats just off the top of my head but I'm sure their were more.

You said either on this thread or another that Eardley left Hazell exposed well Smalley left Eardley exposed too - Deano's job is to attack but it does leave the FB with a lot of work to do. I like Deano and he will develop into a good player but some of his defending and choice of which man to cover did leave Neal with a lot of work to do.

But, we got the points, Deano got on the scoresheet and looked a different player after his goal, Shez should put his arm round him this week in training and big him up, looks like a kid who just needs a break to break out of his shell and become the player he can be. Another game that Eards and Deano have under their belt together, a few more and they will get a good partnership going, Deano will make better defensive decisions and Eards will play better balls for Deano to run on to.

no its not a whoosh....

at the end of the day he is a proffessional football player who gets paid a kings ransom to run round enjoying himself twice a week....he shouldnt do it simple as....

rightly or wrongly people pay there money to watch the team and are entitled to have an opinion about players,tactics style of play and vice versa...everybody knows up and down the leagues players get abuse week in and week out,and the only way to stop it is to play consistantly and get on with it....not by being as pathetic as his knockers and giving it back....after all he can run round allnight thinking how lucky he is to get paid what he does instead of sat watching earning a paltry salary in the real world.

Ever thought of giving the opposition player any credit as well?

Sorry Ed, not getting at you, nowt personal or anything but that is bollocks, he did tackle second half, that sliding one where he even managed to win the throw too - thats just off the top of my head but I'm sure their were more.

You said either on this thread or another that Eardley left Hazell exposed well Smalley left Eardley exposed too - Deano's job is to attack but it does leave the FB with a lot of work to do. I like Deano and he will develop into a good player but some of his defending and choice of which man to cover did leave Neal with a lot of work to do.

But, we got the points, Deano got on the scoresheet and looked a different player after his goal, Shez should put his arm round him this week in training and big him up, looks like a kid who just needs a break to break out of his shell and become the player he can be. Another game that Eards and Deano have under their belt together, a few more and they will get a good partnership going, Deano will make better defensive decisions and Eards will play better balls for Deano to run on to.

yes your correct he did put in a good sliding tackle,and i think 2 others....but he got turned too easily and they ran at him and resulted in a cross for there goal,which lomax spooned,if he had side footed it out not a problem,but he tried to smack it as hard as he could,and it spooned in....

yes greegan had a go,and rightly too....but i was also glad to see greegan put his arm round him and have a few words after the alledged incident of verbals.like a chin up son stuff em,keep going...

im not having a go at eardley...i think he has the potential to go all the way in the game,i was just saying he shouldnt have reacted,because now hes just going to get it every game regardless of how he plays,and in the long run that can only knock his confidence and make him a worse player....

there is noo pleasing some oldham fans is there !!!!

FFS, we WIN they moan, we draw they moan, we lose they moan

Lets Change the family area to the Never-Be-Happy Area.

Im sick to death of these fans complaining every single F**king game. yeah he may have had a bad game but end of the day WE WON !! im glad he gave it back to you people who ranted at him. 3 points GAINED not LOST !!

Roll On Hereford :rant.sml:

yes your correct he did put in a good sliding tackle,and i think 2 others....but he got turned too easily and they ran at him and resulted in a cross for there goal,which lomax spooned,if he had side footed it out not a problem,but he tried to smack it as hard as he could,and it spooned in....

yes greegan had a go,and rightly too....but i was also glad to see greegan put his arm round him and have a few words after the alledged incident of verbals.like a chin up son stuff em,keep going...

im not having a go at eardley...i think he has the potential to go all the way in the game,i was just saying he shouldnt have reacted,because now hes just going to get it every game regardless of how he plays,and in the long run that can only knock his confidence and make him a worse player....

Fair doos.

To be fair, he gets it every game anyway and as someone else said, it takes a brave man to try and play footie from the back under the abuse he gets.

Both sides are wrong and no one in Blue should get abuse at BP but I full understand why Neal reacted and personally don't blame him, surprised it hasn't been done sooner.

Eardley had an excellent first half for me, along with several others. But he suffered with the nerves as much as the rest second half.

Singling him out for abuse and for a poor second half is ludicrous though - he was no worse than several other players. Strikes me we have plenty of character to come from behind in games, but we're no good at the psychology of holding on to (and building on) a lead.

Guest sheridans_world
there is noo pleasing some oldham fans is there !!!!

FFS, we WIN they moan, we draw they moan, we lose they moan

Lets Change the family area to the Never-Be-Happy Area.

Im sick to death of these fans complaining every single F**king game. yeah he may have had a bad game but end of the day WE WON !! im glad he gave it back to you people who ranted at him. 3 points GAINED not LOST !!

Roll On Hereford :rant.sml:

Incidentally, we are unbeaten in the league since the 15th November (we lost to Yeovil on the 1st) and we are unbeaten in 10. Won 5, drawn 5.