well done

Ever thought of giving the opposition player any credit as well?

Yeah, to be fair to Eardley, he was up against one of the better wingers in the league in Robson. Tricky, pacey and hard to play against. Having said that he was caught ball watching for their goal and deserved the big lips from Gregan.

As for abuse, the dick sat behind us was giving Smalley all manner of abuse all game so I couldn't resist a smirk when he smashed the winner in. Y'know, people always forget that these are young lads with potential. Not seasoned pros.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair doos.

To be fair, he gets it every game anyway and as someone else said, it takes a brave man to try and play footie from the back under the abuse he gets.

Both sides are wrong and no one in Blue should get abuse at BP but I full understand why Neal reacted and personally don't blame him, surprised it hasn't been done sooner.

maybe because if they tried giving it to hughes or greegan they would vault the hoardings and throttle them....eardleys an easy target as his head tends to go down from time to time when he makes a bad pass...he is obviously this seasons boo boy,and no matter what he does he gets it...

plenty of others in the second half cvould of been singled out,hughes first touch deserted him sometimes and lost us momentum...whittackernot getting as stuck in and maher not as influential,even smalley wandering around instead of sticking to the flank...but they didnt...

i hope that for all concerned there is an apology from niel tomorrow on the site....but i hope more for a shez style rant and being backed by other senior pros saying lay off players backs,the aggro he recieves is unwarranted....get behind the team or dont bother.

Incidentally, we are unbeaten in the league since the 15th November (we lost to Yeovil on the 1st) and we are unbeaten in 10. Won 5, drawn 5.

good point. So why is every one complaining about ONE player ?

we havent lost have we so whats the point. yeah i understand if he cost us the game but simple fact he didnt, he is young and still has a very bright future ahead of him BUT wont go very far with people getting on his back all the time.

guarentee if it was lee hughes having a bad game there would be no getting on his back will there ?

but i hope more for a shez style rant and being backed by other senior pros saying lay off players backs,the aggro he recieves is unwarranted....get behind the team or dont bother.

I agree 100% with you on this, unbeaten since last year, now is the time for the whole club to kick on and do what we can to get us up.

Didn't hear any abuse towards Eards and to be honest I am embarrassed that this thread is throwing up so much negtive abuse towards one of our true home-grown stars.

To coin a phrase from a certain Mr Benitez, i shall deal in facts.

1. Neal made his debut as a 16 year old against Scunny back in 2005, yes just 16

2. Neal had come through OUR very successful junior ranks

3. At the tender age of 20 he has now proudly pulled on the mighty blus shirt just over 100 times

4. He chipped in with 6 (SIX) goals for the boys last season, yes we allowed a 19 year old kid to take our penalties for a period of time!

5. He became a full international at the age of 19

6. He was long linked with some team called LIVERPOOL (not Macclesfield or Rushden & Diamonds) but Liverpool from the Premer League.

7. He was deemed suitable at the age of 19 to wear the captains armband for the mighty blues (hands up anybody on this site who could not think of a higher honour for your devoted team)

8. We play in League ONE, the third tier of the English football pyramid and as such have players on our books that are suitable for that standard of football, otherwise our entire squad would be snapped up every August and January. My point being that League One players have many good games but lack the consistancy, skill, pace, guile etc to mantain a place in a Championship or higher placed team.

9. Neal Eardley is Latics through and through and he like EVERY player that is fortunate enough to wear the blue shirt I will SUPPORT them week in, week out, month in month out, season in season out until such time they are sold or moved on .

10. Neal has been in integral part of our TEN match unbeaten run in which we have scored 16 and conceded just 9

11. Whoever you are, I urge you to support your team AND support your players and try to put as much energy into SUPPORTING our beloved club as some people find quite easy to heckle out loud (PLEASE no I pay my money etc, etc, etc.....)

KEEP THE FAITH

Didn't hear any abuse towards Eards and to be honest I am embarrassed that this thread is throwing up so much negtive abuse towards one of our true home-grown stars.

1. Neal made his debut as a 16 year old against Scunny back in 2005, yes just 16

3. At the tender age of 20 he has now proudly pulled on the mighty blus shirt just over 100 times

4. He chipped in with 6 (SIX) goals for the boys last season, yes we allowed a 19 year old kid to take our penalties for a period of time!

6. He was long linked with some team called LIVERPOOL (not Macclesfield or Rushden & Diamonds) but Liverpool from the Premer League.

7. He was deemed suitable at the age of 19 to wear the captains armband for the mighty blues (hands up anybody on this site who could not think of a higher honour for your devoted team)

8. We play in League ONE, the third tier of the English football pyramid and as such have players on our books that are suitable for that standard of football, otherwise our entire squad would be snapped up every August and January. My point being that League One players have many good games but lack the consistancy, skill, pace, guile etc to mantain a place in a Championship or higher placed team.

9. Neal Eardley is Latics through and through and he like EVERY player that is fortunate enough to wear the blue shirt I will SUPPORT them week in, week out, month in month out, season in season out until such time they are sold or moved on .

10. Neal has been in integral part of our TEN match unbeaten run in which we have scored 16 and conceded just 9

11. Whoever you are, I urge you to support your team AND support your players and try to put as much energy into SUPPORTING our beloved club as some people find quite easy to heckle out loud (PLEASE no I pay my money etc, etc, etc.....)

KEEP THE FAITH

I Agree With You 100000%

Come On Support The Lads And Maybe This Time Nex Year We Will be Watching Championship Football

OHHH WHEENNN THEE BLLUUEESS

Guest sheridans_world
Alan_Benitez_Perm

Spot on!

As has also already been said tonight, last year Taylor got dogs abuse from some quarters and Shez for playing him on the left - does anyone still hold those views?

:lol: Totally agree. Maybe everyone will get behind Eardley next season and attack Smalley. Smalley gets a season worth before before moving on to Paul Black the season after (cos he'll be playing week in week out then :grin: ).

Alan_Benitez_Perm - What are you views on Alex Ferguson and referees? :grin:

Incidentally....did anyone see Neil eyeball the individuals after the final whistle.........after about 20 secs of them clapping, Neil gestured with a thumbs up and a chant of Neil Neil Eardley was heard...........that is how fickle of a society we live in!!!

However as a conclusion.......it is worth noting in the heat of the moment alot of people say things that are probably not meant literally, but after you get over the line with a favouable result, normality resumes and rational thoughts are back on the agenda.

Alan_Benitez_Perm - What are you views on Alex Ferguson and referees? :grin:

1. Ferguson - (FACT) I hate the whiskey swigging, smug scum barstool

2. Referees - (FACT) You need them to start, control and conclude all matches (except at Old Trafford with Taggart is in complete control of all match going-ons)

KEEP THE FAITH

A splendid post. You should have started a thread.

I was told a story about Alan Groves tonight......

eardley gets the abuse because the mistakes he makes are simple basic rules of football, that quite frankly a supposed 'professional' shouldn't get wrong. Hes not young now he is 20/21 and has a large level of experience behind him. Gregan hardly makes any errors, he is at least consistent in what he does and you know what you are going to get. Things like basic positioning, simple close range passes, and putting a cross on someones head when having time and space to pick them out are all basics that quite frankly at his stage he should be consistently performing well in.

He isn't improving though and cutting out the sloppyness from his games - this is what fans (and myself) get angry about, the fact that he can and has shown on occassions like last season that he can be and do better than he is doing.

He should be improving his game not letting it deteriorate with sloppy basic football errors. If it was me getting abuse id think to myself right, im going to start playing properly, improve and stop making mistakes that way winning people over and becoming a better player.

sadly this doesnt seem to be happening in recent weeks, so either he looks at himself and improves his game and removes his somewhat arrogant play of the pitch like standing way off his man thinking 'cos hes an international he'll be able to catch him up' rubbish and start putting in a committed shift.

not a go at eardley, just how i see it as a fact of his current displays, technically he isnt doing his job properly, certainly not tonight, and therefore in the real world after 2 or 3 poor performances he may have been 'sacked', i honestly cant seeing him getting better in the future than from what he is now, that is down to him.

i hope that for all concerned there is an apology from niel tomorrow on the site....but i hope more for a shez style rant and being backed by other senior pros saying lay off players backs,the aggro he recieves is unwarranted....get behind the team or dont bother.

Neil doesn't need to apologise. For those of you not watching at the end he didn't stomp off, he was man enough to look to the area he directed his 'rant' to, clap them and give them a good thumbs up. Nothing more needs to be said. And fair play to him for doing that.

Agree with you that it would be good to hear from one of the more 'popular' pros backing Eards. The amount of stick he gets is appauling, esp when he is clearly far from the worst player (or even fullback) on the pitch.

Guest sheridans_world
eardley gets the abuse because the mistakes he makes are simple basic rules of football, that quite frankly a supposed 'professional' shouldn't get wrong. Hes not young now he is 20/21 and has a large level of experience behind him.

He is young, he's got seven years until he hits his so called 'peak'. They say players hit it at around 27/28. He's still working his way up, he's still a young lad, he still has a lot to learn.

Incidentally....did anyone see Neil eyeball the individuals after the final whistle.........after about 20 secs of them clapping, Neil gestured with a thumbs up and a chant of Neil Neil Eardley was heard...........that is how fickle of a society we live in!!!

However as a conclusion.......it is worth noting in the heat of the moment alot of people say things that are probably not meant literally, but after you get over the line with a favouable result, normality resumes and rational thoughts are back on the agenda.

With respect I have just one word to say to that and it starts with a B and ends in ollox. :grin: There is no excuse for abuse.

Young Neal is an international (all right it's only Wales) full back.

Our star winger is double and sometimes treble marked virtually every week. When was the last time we doubled up on opposition wingers????? It doesn't happen and that is because "de management" have faith in Eardley's ability to keep most wingers in check. Defensively he is fairly solid. The frustration comes with his distribution. I am convinced that he trains on a pitch that is 5 yards wider than the one he plays on. :wink:

Robson is a decent winger and it's not the first time he has caused defences at this level problems, however, Neal generally keeps his wingers quiet for long periods and it wasn't until (a) Hartlepool changed things and ( b ) Smalley (unsurprisingly) faded and didn't track the full back that Neal was faced with a double problem. Note also that late on Maher was having to track to the right late on to cover for Smalley when we were not in possession.

Cheers,

Harry

lomax...it spooned in....

Sorry ed, but I don't think spooned is quite the right term. :grin: I think only Allott has hit a ball as sweet this season!!

If it was one of the strikers that had scored in the right end I think they'd be seriously disappointed with it being described as 'spooned' in. Still trying to figure out exactly what he was trying to do???!

With respect I have just one word to say to that and it starts with a B and ends in ollox. :grin: There is no excuse for abuse.

Young Neal is an international (all right it's only Wales) full back.

Our star winger is double and sometimes treble marked virtually every week. When was the last time we doubled up on opposition wingers????? It doesn't happen and that is because "de management" have faith in Eardley's ability to keep most wingers in check. Defensively he is fairly solid. The frustration comes with his distribution. I am convinced that he trains on a pitch that is 5 yards wider than the one he plays on. :wink:

Robson is a decent winger and it's not the first time he has caused defences at this level problems, however, Neal generally keeps his wingers quiet for long periods and it wasn't until (a) Hartlepool changed things and ( b ) Smalley (unsurprisingly) faded and didn't track the full back that Neal was faced with a double problem. Note also that late on Maher was having to track to the right late on to cover for Smalley when we were not in possession.

Cheers,

Harry

No wonder Eards get's so much stick.......sounds as though he's been throwing as well as kicking the ball! :wink:

Sorry ed, but I don't think spooned is quite the right term. :grin: I think only Allott has hit a ball as sweet this season!!

If it was one of the strikers that had scored in the right end I think they'd be seriously disappointed with it being described as 'spooned' in. Still trying to figure out exactly what he was trying to do???!

He f****n' buried it didn't he? For a split second I thought it was a Latics goal.

eardley gets the abuse because the mistakes he makes are simple basic rules of football, that quite frankly a supposed 'professional' shouldn't get wrong. Hes not young now he is 20/21 and has a large level of experience behind him. Gregan hardly makes any errors, he is at least consistent in what he does and you know what you are going to get. Things like basic positioning, simple close range passes, and putting a cross on someones head when having time and space to pick them out are all basics that quite frankly at his stage he should be consistently performing well in.

He isn't improving though and cutting out the sloppyness from his games - this is what fans (and myself) get angry about, the fact that he can and has shown on occassions like last season that he can be and do better than he is doing.

He should be improving his game not letting it deteriorate with sloppy basic football errors. If it was me getting abuse id think to myself right, im going to start playing properly, improve and stop making mistakes that way winning people over and becoming a better player.

sadly this doesnt seem to be happening in recent weeks, so either he looks at himself and improves his game and removes his somewhat arrogant play of the pitch like standing way off his man thinking 'cos hes an international he'll be able to catch him up' rubbish and start putting in a committed shift.

not a go at eardley, just how i see it as a fact of his current displays, technically he isnt doing his job properly, certainly not tonight, and therefore in the real world after 2 or 3 poor performances he may have been 'sacked', i honestly cant seeing him getting better in the future than from what he is now, that is down to him.

The majority of what you have said there I do not agree with (fair enough different opinions etc) and in bold I have highlighted the bit which shows not only do i disagree with you but you are talking utter bollocks!

haha Neal Eardley stands off his man because he is an international footballer so he thinks he can catch him up haha, Do you really actually believe that???

Have you ever considered footballing reasons for why he may stand off him? Poor positioning? The winger turning him when he is in close so he drops off a bit? getting done for pace?

Sadly, you've put 2 and 2 together there. He came over and eyeballed them, so I and a few mates started off the Neal, Neal Eardley chants in support of him. Doubt those abusing him joined in but some others nearby me joined in and hence he clapped us.

eardley gets the abuse because the mistakes he makes are simple basic rules of football, that quite frankly a supposed 'professional' shouldn't get wrong. Hes not young now he is 20/21 and has a large level of experience behind him. Gregan hardly makes any errors...

Lol...I love it! Was reading the start and was thinking, here we go and then you confirmed my suspicion. Gregan hardly makes any errors??? Feck...you've been watching a different team this season my friend. I suppose he got dropped a few times and got subbed off at HT at Cheltenham coz it was a bit chilly. Couldn't be bothered reading the rest of your bile about Eardley...you've made your inabilility to form a decent opinion clear. Good day!

Edited by boundaryblue80