well done

Agree totally with both these comments. I think its a joke that we abuse our young players like this. I have had a go at a few people in the crowd this season for it. The main stand is the worst for it. I really miss sitting in the lookers/new start mortgages stand which was full of Oldham 'Supporters' not people that just turn up to complain. I will have to change stands next season.

There was a guy sat behind my dad and brother in the Lookers upper last season who abused Eardley continuously throughout every match and then every week went on to say how he was never going to come and watch "this shower of :censored:e ever again. BLOODY RUBBISH OLDHAM BLOODY RUBBISH EARDLEY BOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOO". I swear you could hear him groan when Oldham won and Eardley played well. I think he was nigh on suicidal that night Eardley scored 2 pens to give us the win (Northampton?), thank god that free kick from long range he had didnt go in.

What I want to know is how do you get to that stage? What goes through these peoples minds? I go to the football to have a laugh with my mates, Dad and Brother and to enjoy watching good gifted players play the beautiful game at a level I will sadly never be able to achieve. Of course you dont have to be happy clappy etc all the time, but the constant streams of bull:censored: abuse which comes out of some peoples mouths is embarrassing, especially as we are probably having our best prolonged spell in this god damn division.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few happy-clappers on here seem to think its wrong to criticise young Eardly - why ?? - we pay good money to be entertained and support our team with a passion and we get emotional when mistakes are made. Now I am not for one second condoning the personal abuse Eardly got last night - that was out of order - but its legitimate to criticise a player who made far too many errors for comfort. Granted, he isnt all bad but a professional footballer should have a better distribution as these wayward crosses have gone on for too long. Its also unrealistic to assume every Latics player can outtackle the opposition every time and win every 50/50 ball and the Monkeyhanger on the left wing was more than useful but Eards was all at sea at times and so criticism is fair. Also dont know how that late Hartlepool chance went wide and corner given - from where I was sat it seem a nailed on goal and I thought it had actually gone in ! (sorry guys but Eards was skinned again to get that cross in btw !). Praise when they do well but its only fair to criticise when mistakes are made ! Eardly had a mare last night and criticism is fair - personal abuse is not.

He gave it back? Well done Neal. Glad he did that.

He had a poor game I thought, made a few simple errors but once again, he's jumped on straight away.

I even heard Windass cop for some abuse, he cant even get his debut out of the way.

Then some - 'Just popping to my first (and last) game of the season' bloke started complaining about the crowd. Lets put it this way, he may have been before this season, but he hasnt sat anywhere near me before.

Grrrr :rant.sml:

I'm sick of these mindless idiots giving Neal Eardley abuse. He's a young kid who can't seem to do anything right, every single player makes mistakes.....Gregan more so than any defender but he's treated like a god!! Give the lad a break and let him get on with doing his job. Is it that those giving him abuse are jealous that he's a kid, who has his dream job, played international football while they can only dream????

Can't people go to Boundary Park and support our team, keep the lads wanting to play for us and get us up to League 1

youre spot on there. what compounds it for eardley, is the regular bollockings he recieves from the captain. who then goes on to do something stupid, and the fans chant his name for it.

Totally agree Gregan shouts and balls at everyone then continually cocks up and nobody says a word, get Stam back in the team with Hazel. Eardley cocks up but which footballer in the world doesn't?? Leave him alone!!

a few happy-clappers on here seem to think its wrong to criticise young Eardly - why ?? - we pay good money to be entertained and support our team with a passion and we get emotional when mistakes are made. Now I am not for one second condoning the personal abuse Eardly got last night - that was out of order - but its legitimate to criticise a player who made far too many errors for comfort. Granted, he isnt all bad but a professional footballer should have a better distribution as these wayward crosses have gone on for too long. Its also unrealistic to assume every Latics player can outtackle the opposition every time and win every 50/50 ball and the Monkeyhanger on the left wing was more than useful but Eards was all at sea at times and so criticism is fair. Also dont know how that late Hartlepool chance went wide and corner given - from where I was sat it seem a nailed on goal and I thought it had actually gone in ! (sorry guys but Eards was skinned again to get that cross in btw !). Praise when they do well but its only fair to criticise when mistakes are made ! Eardly had a mare last night and criticism is fair - personal abuse is not.

I dont think us happy clappers or Eardley fans or whatever we are supposed to be think that Eardley is faultless at all.

Its more down to the fact that he gets continuous abuse off certain people every game when there are many other players on the pitch making similar cock ups and mistakes and nothing gets said or in some cases they get their names chanted.

Eardley gets slated for poor distribution, Lomax does the same not a word

Eardley gets skinned by the opposition winger, gets slated. Lomax gets skinned not a word.

If you are going to be criticising our players at least be consistent and critisise others when they make mistakes rather than concentrating on a select few.

Eardley is getting the abuse at the moment and no doubt if Davies doesnt score in the next 3 or 4 it will creep in for him again as well. Its far to predictable.

Can't be arsed reading most of the thread (or many on this board any more) - the amount of negativity surrounding Neil, other targets for the boo-boys, and the club in general........ well, it's bizarre.

Are there any other hobbies people on here have, where they pay a lot of money, to purposefully look for negatives (despite plenty of clear positives), hurl abuse at people, and set out to not enjoy it?

Or do we all just have a Latics-related depressive disorder?

Just wondering.

Can't be arsed reading most of the thread (or many on this board any more) - the amount of negativity surrounding Neil, other targets for the boo-boys, and the club in general........ well, it's bizarre.

Are there any other hobbies people on here have, where they pay a lot of money, to purposefully look for negatives (despite plenty of clear positives), hurl abuse at people, and set out to not enjoy it?

Just wondering.

Nah, just a few 'know nowt about football' prunes who drink one too many shandys before the game. As for those who boo sober and therefore supposedly, they are reasoned and not alcohol induced comments and boos!!, go and be a red!

Edited by futchers briefs

Just wondering.

I’m just like that in life though. When I’m in the attic playing with my train set I always slag it off for not going fast enough.

When the Mrs brings me breakfast in bed and the bacon is a little burnt I get up and punch her in the face (POW – right in the kisser).

It doesn’t mean I don’t love my train set or tolerate my Mrs though

I’m just like that in life though. When I’m in the attic playing with my train set I always slag it off for not going fast enough.

When the Mrs brings me breakfast in bed and the bacon is a little burnt I get up and punch her in the face (POW – right in the kisser).

It doesn’t mean I don’t love my train set or tolerate my Mrs though

I don't care what those magazines or experts say, it is the only way to tell them.